BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Summary

Glenn

From Nicko

WITSEL...Benfica hoping to do the deal tomorrow...[thought that one was made up]...not agreed the final details of the fee...Rovers were considering a low bid or even asking for him on loan [that's a 'you couldn't make it up' moment].

MIRANDA...Atletico Madrid player tomorrow.

MONGONGU...maybe in for talks this week, maybe not.

TRIALIST...oh dear.

KEANE...price dropping...hope the committee knows.

AGENTS...quite clearly no longer the Kentaro and SEM domination that was [although that will no doubt be contradicted].

FAMILY AND FRIENDS...yes, there is an idea to use a Venky or two to do future deals...my oh my...

Sensationalist scribbler...and 1 in 20 exclusive idiot...

based on the fact Nicko told the world (exaggeration) we have 50 million and Keane told the world we had a very very very very healthy budget.

If we would have signed players by now we probably would have been paying the 15 million Harry expects for Krancjar and the 6 million for Keane.

It's totally catch 22 because if we say we have money then everyone puts up their price and if we hide this fact there is outrage among the supporters.

Personally I would rather play the cards as Venkys are playing them.

The fact is, me, you and 99% of all fans you have very short term memories. all thoughts we have now will not exist in 6 weeks.

deals will speed up and prices will lower towards August and the deadline.

The reason we ended up with paying 7 million for Davies, 6 million for Dailly and 7 million for Grabbi is because we were not careful and "maybe" wanted a big signing to please the fans rather then say, if its not good business then don;t do the deal.

that summary doesn't worry me.

The reason we ended up with paying 7 million for Davies, 6 million for Dailly and 7 million for Grabbi is because we were not careful and "maybe" wanted a big signing to please the fans rather then say, if its not good business then don;t do the deal.

No---its because we had a manager who was clueless in the transfer market for the first two and because Souness was erratic in the transfer market and watched a video for the third!

No---its because we had a manager who was clueless in the transfer market for the first two and because Souness was erratic in the transfer market and watched a video for the third!

see you are angry at that aren't you, it never go away bad signings, poor players with overpriced fee's, I remember hearing that a fee was expected at 2 million for Dailly and Hodgson offered 5.4 million simply because didn't want to wait for the right deal and Dailly was useless.

Hence say you have no money (not 50 million) and wait for the right prices, time it right and get good bang for your buck.

Everyone knows what we got for Jones, how do we convince clubs we have no money?

not publicly stating every failed contact.

Saying we are not after high profile names I think shows we are going to be smart with our money and not go for the really expensive overpaid players.

Playing extreme hardball on over aged over paid players like Keane.

By infleuencing comments such as Nicko stated "Venky now want to sell before they buy" and not articles likec " Venky's with £50,000,000 to spend.

yes chris, we wait till end of august when all the decent players have gone and we end up paying over the odds for really poor players. Thats not what i want to happen. The earlier we get in there, the better chance we have of getting the right players. Also if we leave it till the last day/days we might end up shooting ourselves in the foot and end up with nothing.

All well and good deleting my posts Glenn, as they're not strictly on topic for this thread, but it was a fair question and you haven't answered it. It genuinely would be helpful if people could know clearly what this thread and the other transfer thread are for, and the distinction between them.

yes chris, we wait till end of august when all the decent players have gone and we end up paying over the odds for really poor players. Thats not what i want to happen. The earlier we get in there, the better chance we have of getting the right players. Also if we leave it till the last day/days we might end up shooting ourselves in the foot and end up with nothing.

There isn't a finite pool of players that becomes available for each window.

ooops. I meant to leave this thread locked, so one of the admins or mods could do a nightly roundup like Wen used to do.

So today ....

Nicko confirmed the twitter rumours of Defoe and Malbranque (available on the Daily Mirror site) and said Mongongu was "being elusive"

Kamy said he'd been reliably informed that Mrs Desai was now taking personal charge of all transfers.

The mods removed several dozen posts discussing Mrs Desai's various merits.

Rebs' made a funny about how Venky's would run an airline. It's worth reading the thread for that alone (and very little else).

Seems like we haven't signed Baez at all, he was here on trial but has now gone again

Preston Blue reports Onuaha fee agreed and we're now taking turns

And 200 posts of guessing games, sleuthing and an increased bar take for Brownie led us to believe that Jorge Ribeiro has been at the club today (although there were hints we may have the wrong Ribeiro).

So it could be Bruno Ribeiro (right back) Bruno Ribeiro (Older brother of Maniche & Jorge) Maniche or Jorge Ribeiro. .... But most likely Bruno

Youth/Ressies Rovers player Aaron Doran has joined Inverness

Mariano Pavone reported as signed in several places, but not by the club yet (and remember everyone said we'd signed Baez when we hadn't).

More links that I don't have time do document and I'm off to be BRFCS' Roving Reporting at Morecambe, so if a mod gets chance to update this thread I'd be grateful.

Rovers fight Zenit for Portuguese winger Vieirinha(Nicko in The Mirror)

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Blackburn-want-PAOK-Salonika-winger-Vieirinha-also-target-Zenit-St-Petersburg-article768754.html

Robbie Keane to choose between Rovers and West Brom(Independent)

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/keane-to-choose-between-baggies-and-blackburn-2823154.html

Mongongu is keen to secure a move to Blackburn, according to the player's agent(Sky Sports)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_7036231,00.html

Rovers close in on Pavone deal(Team Talk)

http://www.teamtalk.com/blackburn-rovers/7037575/Rovers-close-in-on-Pavone-deal

Man United preparing to loan Diouf out again(talkSPORT). Rovers understood to be keen.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/9053/5/man-united-preparing-loan-diouf-out-again?

Rovers eye Honda swoop(SkySports understands)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11676_7038137,00.html

If i've missed any then give me a PM and I will add them on.

Archived