BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] TONY PARKES

it was deleted from the transfer thread so.. thought id post a new topic.. as cant find an existing 1. (search fuction issues)

hearing parkes has quit!

id forgotten he was even a scout!

oh well.. i expect more flack to be fired at the owners!

loyal servant, decent man.. but rovers have been very good to him too... over the years.

Unless the man himself publicly gives his reason for leaving then no doubt there's going to be another **** storm on here. :(

First of the naysayers on?

2/5 - Phillipl

4/7 - Pafell (2/5 without Phillip as he always follows the Malteses accountant)

evens - Kelbo

7/4 - Majibal

5/2 - Den

100/30 - Mattyblue

I think Thenodrog has pulled up lame.

Good luck to Tony Parkes in whatever he does. A true Rover.

Unless the man himself publicly gives his reason for leaving then no doubt there's going to be another **** storm on here. :(

First of the naysayers on?

2/5 - Phillipl

4/7 - Pafell (2/5 without Phillip as he always follows the Malteses accountant)

evens - Kelbo

7/4 - Majibal

5/2 - Den

100/30 - Mattyblue

I think Thenodrog has pulled up lame.

Good luck to Tony Parkes in whatever he does. A true Rover.

Revealing you idiotic nature again I see. For you everything is rosey with the club. Even though most the pundits have predicted Rovers for relegation. I do not need philip or anybody else to form my own opinion.

Never mind. You should have had Pafell for a place.

You're just a sad idiot who likes having a dig at other posters.

The club is in a mess and you cannot see it. Players have left the club and only 2 have been brought in. The squad was weaker last season in terms of numbers, it is even more weaker now - but you can not see that. If the club is a success I do not care who the manager or the owners are. But thw owners are putting the clubs prem safety at risk by their incompetence - but you cannot see that.

Your just a sad idiot who likes having a dig at other posters.

Not a dig really, more a gentle jibe. It was an attempt at humour but I'll bare in mind that you are a sensitive soul in future.

Should be 'you are' or 'you're' as you are bandying the word idiot about ;)

Revealing you idiotic nature again I see. For you everything is rosey with the club. Even though most the pundits have predicted Rovers for relegation. I do not need philip or anybody else to form my own opinion.

Are you taking the P? Pundits have predicted Rovers to go down as far back as I can remember. Even when we were flying high under Mark Hughes, at least one would have us has his cheeky longshot. I'm not Mr Optimism at the moment, but there should be at least three worse clubs than us this season.

Are you taking the P? Pundits have predicted Rovers to go down as far back as I can remember. Even when we were flying high under Mark Hughes, at least one would have us has his cheeky longshot. I'm not Mr Optimism at the moment, but there should be at least three worse clubs than us this season.

The club just about survived last season with a small squad. But that same squad has even less players now. Which enhances the chance of relegation.

No doubt Venkys made his position untenable and he left with a gagging order in place ;)

Doubtful. It may be much more simple than that.

He was probably having such a wonderful time, working with such wonderful people, thoroughly enjoying his role with one eye on the future....that he felt the very best option for him at this time was to LEAVE immediately.

If he has actually left, which us knows why? I know I don't. And what does it matter why - the bloke's in his early 60s, and when I was the age he was, I was more than happy to take early retirement.

Surely, rather than bicker among ourselves, this is the place to pay tribute to a bloke who [i [u]hate[/u] this cliché!] "has been a great servant to the club", which he first joined over 40 years ago and has been involved with in a number of different capacities for most of those 40+ years.

If he has actually left, which us knows why? I know I don't. And what does it matter why - the bloke's in his early 60s, and when I was the age he was, I was more than happy to take early retirement.

Surely, rather than bicker among ourselves, this is the place to pay tribute to a bloke who [i [u]hate[/u] this cliché!] "has been a great servant to the club", which he first joined over 40 years ago and has been involved with in a number of different capacities for most of those 40+ years.

Spot on, Rovers legend for those caretaker stints.

Tony Parkes was keen to get back into football when he rejoined as a scout, particularly following the loss of his wife to cancer.

He's not the type of guy to hang about just to go through the motions.

Folk have speculated that Glover (chief scout) is leaving and will be replaced by, IMO, the nomadic and annonymous Clarke.

Glover's a knowledgeable and intelligent guy.

Much speculation that our scouting team has been 'sidelined' since Kentaro got involved.

Very, very sad is all this. The structure of our club, IMO, is being steadily dismantled.

I've been involved three times in takeovers and never have I seen, IMO, so many crass and far reaching decisions made.

Archived