BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] EURO 2012 + u21s + friendlies tonight

Norway are away against Iceland. MGP is injured and wont feature.

Serbia are away against Northern Ireland. I guess we will see Petrovic feature in this match. Hopefully he will start.

Montenegro are away against Wales. If anyone live close it would be a nice opportunity to watch Vukcevic in action who I reckon will start.

Wales vs Montenegro and N.Ireland vs Serbie preview. Both looks set to start.

Can't come up with anyone else.

Would be good if we could update this thread along with the games and when the line-ups are announced.

BORING!!!

3 games into the premier league the international calendar interrupts it - Pathetic.

Its one of the reasons so many people no longer follow as much international football, its always at inappropriate times…..like England at 6.30pm on a Friday night or whatever it is! SH!TE

sorry hughesy, your talking rubbish, this is a qualifier not a freindly and considering how poor rovers are at the moment, its nice to see some quality players and football, england mean as much to me as rovers and noone can decry that of me, im sure you will be wearing your england hat and have your flag draped around your waiste come next summer if we qualify.

i dont agree, there was some good triangles, kept possesion well for alot of the game, ok, we lost it a few times and lumped the ball up to rooney but they played direct too during the game, it wasnt a great performance. Proffesional if unspectacular but we scored 3, conceded none. I dont think too many teams are capable of going there and humping them 3-0.

sorry hughesy, your talking rubbish, this is a qualifier not a freindly and considering how poor rovers are at the moment, its nice to see some quality players and football, england mean as much to me as rovers and noone can decry that of me, im sure you will be wearing your england hat and have your flag draped around your waiste come next summer if we qualify.

Im not saying its not important - I just think the timing is all wrong. 3 games into the season, even less for Spain/ Italy etc....and to play on Friday night?! Come on!

And Yes probably I will....il be in Rio in 2014 thats for sure - but even then, its club before country where football comes.

Who needs an excuse for a messy weekend??

Not me, but some do!

i agree but this fixture was decided ages ago, its not like a freindly, these fixtures have to be played at a certain time to fit in with the whole 2012 build up, dont forget that there a play-off games to be played as well before christmas, i dont think we should be playing freindles 3 days before the start of the season but this fixture has some meaning. as for club before country, i value them both equally.

I struggle to understand how some officials get International gigs...

Very poor referee not least becuase of two ridiculous penalty decisions (one given, one not) in the final minutes of the match in the Scotland - Czech Rep match, which mean Scotland are likely to miss out on the Euros.

I struggle to understand how some officials get International gigs...

Very poor referee not least becuase of two ridiculous penalty decisions (one given, one not) in the final minutes of the match in the Scotland - Czech Rep match, which mean Scotland are likely to miss out on the Euros.

Yes but the same ref also didnt give the Czechs a penalty early on which they should have had!

i agree but this fixture was decided ages ago, its not like a freindly, these fixtures have to be played at a certain time to fit in with the whole 2012 build up, dont forget that there a play-off games to be played as well before christmas, i dont think we should be playing freindles 3 days before the start of the season but this fixture has some meaning. as for club before country, i value them both equally.

Are you sure?

You have been getting pretty irate on here all summer (like many others), do you really get as involved with Terry, Cole, Capello etc?

yes matty, if you mean do i get as passionate about england as rovers then yes, i love both club and country. cant understand some people who put one before the other, they are both equally as important, just because terry is a big time charlie, doesnt mean he isnt passionate about playing for his country.

I'm sure he is.

What I'm saying is, look at how much time we spend on here, slagging off Kean, Venky's, 'we are going down', 'we are staying up' day in day out. Talking about Rovers all over town. Buying STs, merchandise etc etc

You do the same with the England set up?

no matty, i have never bought any england merchandise or been to a game, though i do buy a st georges flag and hat when the tournaments come around, when we got knocked out of the 2006 world cup, i was crying into my beer, though the world cup last year, i just shrugged it off as we were cr*p all tournament and i never got my hopes up like in previous ones. Just because i dont have an england shirt or never been to a game, doesnt mean i dont care passionately about supporting my country.

pick, how can you say they dont know how to break teams down when they have just won 3-0 away to an eastern european team? on top of that, we could have scored more goals had downing not hit the post and rooney taken his chance at the end, some people are never happy. Ask yourselves this, how many countries are capable of winning 3-0 away against a decent/average team?

Archived