BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Special offer to Rovers fans...

Once again, Garry Flitcroft's Chorley FC are offering Blackburn Rovers season ticket holders admission to this Saturday's league game against Worksop Town for only £4.00. Just show a current BRFC season ticket at the turnstile at Victory Park and you are in for just £4.00!!

Following on from successive league victories against FC United and Burscough, Chorley will be hoping to maintain a top three league position. Kick-off time is 3:00pm, and with any luck, we may see an appearance from Matt Jansen!!

Normal admission prices at Victory Park are - Adults £8.00, Concessions (senior citizens, children, students with ID) £4.00

Children who attend on a regular basis can become a Junior Magpie, and for £10.00 they get a junior season ticket for all home league games.

The offer to Rovers season ticket holders is based on the fact that you will have already forked out quite a bit of cash in purchasing your season ticket, and you may not be able to attend many other matches at other clubs due to clashes with Rovers playing at home. We would just like you to see what non-league football is all about and maybe support one of our many local non-league clubs when Rovers are away or without a match.

If you are not a season ticket holder at Rovers and want to take advantage of reduced admission at Victory Park, then why not borrow one from a friend for the afternoon?

Normal admission prices at Victory Park are - Adults £8.00, Concessions (senior citizens, children, students with ID) £4.00

Children who attend on a regular basis can become a Junior Magpie, and for £10.00 they get a junior season ticket for all home league games.

The offer to Rovers season ticket holders is based on the fact that you will have already forked out quite a bit of cash in purchasing your season ticket, and you may not be able to attend many other matches at other clubs due to clashes with Rovers playing at home. We would just like you to see what non-league football is all about and maybe support one of our many local non-league clubs when Rovers are away or without a match.

If you are not a season ticket holder at Rovers and want to take advantage of reduced admission at Victory Park, then why not borrow one from a friend for the afternoon?

I understand the reasons behind it, and it is certainly a great idea to encourage neutrals and boost attendances. But don't let that backfire if adults regularly paying double become disgruntled (which may or may not end up being the case) with this offer cropping up most weeks.

I go to watch Luton Town in the Conference when time allows as the other half is from there and her Brother is a regular and often heads North for an away game!

I understand the reasons behind it, and it is certainly a great idea to encourage neutrals and boost attendances. But don't let that backfire if adults regularly paying double become disgruntled (which may or may not end up being the case) with this offer cropping up most weeks.

I go to watch Luton Town in the Conference when time allows as the other half is from there and her Brother is a regular and often heads North for an away game!

The special offers do not apply to all Chorley home league games. Regulars at Victory Park are encouraged to buy a season ticket which saves money over the course of the season. We like to encourage as many people as possible to come along to games, and the chances are they will have a few beers in the social club before the game and at half-time, buy a programme, and have chips and a meat pie!

With regard to your brother-in-law, he probably finds it much cheaper to travel to a Luton away game in the north, rather than go to one of the Premier League grounds in the London area. All we are trying to do is offer a cheap Saturday afternoon of football for those who fork out hundreds of pounds to support their first-choice team, and our offers have the full backing of all our supporters as they want to see attendances continue to rise to 1,500+. The last thing we want to do is go the same way as Rossendale United, Horwich RMI, Great Harwood, etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Very bad week for Chorley topped-off by the biggest loss under Flitty. Wish I had more time to get down there but in my absence I'll put a few quid in the coffers. Anyway, home on Tuesday so if anyone can go I'm sure it'll be appreciated and let's hope the Police get to the bottom of it all.

Very bad week for Chorley topped-off by the biggest loss under Flitty. Wish I had more time to get down there but in my absence I'll put a few quid in the coffers. Anyway, home on Tuesday so if anyone can go I'm sure it'll be appreciated and let's hope the Police get to the bottom of it all.

What's gone on there? I thought they were well funded for a Northern Premier club?

I spoke with a club official on Wednesday who didn't really expand on the situation other than to say I substantial amount of money was unaccounted for and the Police were involved this means the club needs funds ASAP.

I spoke with a club official on Wednesday who didn't really expand on the situation other than to say I substantial amount of money was unaccounted for and the Police were involved this means the club needs funds ASAP.

I can't really add anymore information to that. Money has gone missing from the club and we have got bills to pay!!

Just as everything seemed to be going in the right direction for Chorley FC - top of the league, a couple of attendances over 1,000, and optimism amongst the supporters thanks to all the hard work Garry Flitcroft has put into the club.

However, Chorley fans are determined to keep the club moving onwards and upwards! We are looking to organise a few fund-raising events. Also, our directors have put £15,000 of their own money into the club in order to pay bills and wages over the next few weeks.

Our biggest source of income is through the turnstiles, and we are hoping local football fans will come along to watch one or two of our forthcoming home matches.

On Tuesday night, 11th October, we are at home to Rushall Olympic, 7:45pm kick-off.

On Saturday afternoon, 15th October, we are at home to Ashton United, 3:00pm kick-off.

Despite our financial plight, we are still offering Rovers season ticket holders admission for only £4.00 to these games, on production of a current Rovers season ticket at the turnstile. Normal admission price is £8.00 for adults and £4.00 for concessions. So if you are not going to QPR on Saturday to watch Rovers, you could do Chorley FC and Garry Flitcroft a MASSIVE favour by coming along to watch our game against Ashton United. A few hundred Rovers fans could really make an enormous difference!

Thanks guys, and good luck to the Rovers on Saturday and for the rest of the season.

I can't really add anymore information to that. Money has gone missing from the club and we have got bills to pay!!

Just as everything seemed to be going in the right direction for Chorley FC - top of the league, a couple of attendances over 1,000, and optimism amongst the supporters thanks to all the hard work Garry Flitcroft has put into the club.

However, Chorley fans are determined to keep the club moving onwards and upwards! We are looking to organise a few fund-raising events. Also, our directors have put £15,000 of their own money into the club in order to pay bills and wages over the next few weeks.

Our biggest source of income is through the turnstiles, and we are hoping local football fans will come along to watch one or two of our forthcoming home matches.

On Saturday afternoon, 15th October, we are at home to Ashton United, 3:00pm kick-off.

Despite our financial plight, we are still offering Rovers season ticket holders admission for only £4.00 to these games, on production of a current Rovers season ticket at the turnstile. Normal admission price is £8.00 for adults and £4.00 for concessions. So if you are not going to QPR on Saturday to watch Rovers, you could do Chorley FC and Garry Flitcroft a MASSIVE favour by coming along to watch our game against Ashton United. A few hundred Rovers fans could really make an enormous difference!

Thanks guys, and good luck to the Rovers on Saturday and for the rest of the season.

Yes!!!!!! Get in there!!!!! Crisis not yet totally overcome, but a win for Chorley last Tuesday night, Garry signs a new 'goal-scoring sensation', and the prospect of another 1,000+ crowd at Victory Park on Saturday for our game against Ashton United!!!!!!

Please come along to Victory Park. You will enjoy the game and a few beers in the social club, and you will be helping a local football club in its hour of need.

Thank you

Archived