BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] P-R-O-T-E-S-T spells Protest

Dear All,

If you're planning another protest against Steve Kean's management next Saturday, I've had an idea for an alternative approach...

Instead of protesting outside Ewood before the match with Man City (which wasn't a great success last time, to be honest), why not avoid the game altogether and go to watch Accy Stanley?

Hear me out...

Get as many people as possible to head to Stanley, all wearing something which shows our famous Blue and White and voicing our concerns over Kean. We can circle the idea around newspapers and forums this week to drum up support and publicity. There's also the football league show on Saturday night and if we had a few hundred people there it would definitely get a mention. The LT couldn't avoid reporting on it either. And on top of all that, we do something good for our poorer neighbours by boosting their coffers for a game.

What do you think?

COYB,

Matt

Kean's Premier League record in black and white:

Played 27 Won 6 Drawn 8 Lost 13 Goals For 31 Goals Against 45

Points 26 - an average of less than 1 point per game

Only 4 clean sheets

Stretch Kean's record out over a whole season and we'd have only 36 points. That is relegation form.

I was all for giving him a chance, but what has he achieved to deserve being in charge of our beloved club? It's our right as fans to have someone more capable in charge.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans should just stay away if they disapprove of the management. What's the point protesting, only to walk through the turnstile and back the manager, anyway? Sorry, back the "team". There's the distinction. If anything, all it did was give Kean a stay of execution by taking the pressure off the players and helping them beat Arsenal. If gates plummeted, Venky's would get the message.

I understand it's difficult to avoid a match, especially when you've paid for a ticket.

But sometimes protests require a different approach. Miss one game, make an impact, and by doing so it could help the club in the long term.

New manager + renewed hope and optimism = enjoying going to watch the Rovers.

Fans have been voicing their displeasure towards Kean at Ewood for a long time now, and it has come to nothing.

Perhaps if Venky's see the dissent being spread further afield they will have to act.

The facts above speak for themselves. Unless Kean is ousted, given his record we are going down.

Dear All,

If you're planning another protest against Steve Kean's management next Saturday, I've had an idea for an alternative approach...

Instead of protesting outside Ewood before the match with Man City (which wasn't a great success last time, to be honest), why not avoid the game altogether and go to watch Accy Stanley?

Hear me out...

Get as many people as possible to head to Stanley, all wearing something which shows our famous Blue and White and voicing our concerns over Kean. We can circle the idea around newspapers and forums this week to drum up support and publicity. There's also the football league show on Saturday night and if we had a few hundred people there it would definitely get a mention. The LT couldn't avoid reporting on it either. And on top of all that, we do something good for our poorer neighbours by boosting their coffers for a game.

What do you think?

COYB,

Matt

Only 4 clean sheets

Stretch Kean's record out over a whole season and we'd have only 36 points. That is relegation form.

I was all for giving him a chance, but what has he achieved to deserve being in charge of our beloved club? It's our right as fans to have someone more capable in charge.

Stanley fan by any chance? :rolleyes:

Voice your disapproval of Kean at Ewood where he can bl00dy well hear it loud and clear!

Stanley fan by any chance? :rolleyes:

Voice you disapproval of Kean at Ewood where he can bl00dy well hear it loud and clear!

He certainly isnt hes a big Rovers fan like myself,

I have to admit it may take something big like this to get a reaction from the Cluck family.....How can Kean be untouchable? He is the worst manager I have seen at the club and his arrogance makes my blood boil and makes me want to punch the TV.

Watching him describe yesterdays game was embarassing, blaming it on the 3rd goal? saying we played well

in patches?

Get rid of this Horrible man!

BTW... This is typical of stanger......thinking out of the box!

Dear All,

Hear me out...

What do you think?

COYB,

Matt

Only 4 clean sheets

I think this is a great idea! I would most certainly be up for it but for one thing.......it is my Golden Wedding Day next Friday, and there is a massive family and friends party on Saturday so I am afraid that it might be noticed if I am not present up here in Fife on that day. So sorry, that I will have to pass on this occasion, but I would certainly go for it on another more suitable date.

I have still got a soft spot for Stanley and would love to see them do well. I often used to go and watch them in the 50's at Peel Park when Rovers were away.

Chris, you've been on this site for a lot longer than I have and I respect that.

I'm simply trying to offer something new to the debate.

Kean has already heard that the fans don't want him countless times. He will never resign.

It's about getting to Venky's. Attracting their attention in some way.

fair enough your not a Stanley fan, just googled you.

If Glen could only get 700 to do a small walk before the game, even if you get 300 (which you won't) nobody will notice they have gone or not.

And what happened to back the team at all costs, that was the point of the protest, we still back the team though thick and thin.

I want Kean to hear the boo's, 300 poeple at another game is 300 of the biggest boo's vanished.

Why can;t people sing "your getting sacked in the morning" " you don;t know what your doing" and "Kean out".

This has not happened yet to a loud enough level anyway.

We would be backing the team. Just the 'at all costs' part is the sacrifice we make by not going to see the team we love.

We would be backing them in the long term, for the good of our club and its future.

Fair enough, it might not work. The protest last week didn't either. It will probably take a sustained and varied approach to get our message across. We are capable of it though.

Tough times call for creative methods.

We would be backing the team. Just the 'at all costs' part is the sacrifice we make by not going to see the team we love.

We would be backing them in the long term, for the good of our club and its future.

Fair enough, it might not work. The protest last week didn't either. It will probably take a sustained and varied approach to get our message across. We are capable of it though.

Tough times call for creative methods.

As a season ticket holder and a protester we need to make sure Kean realises in public that the Blackburn fans are unhappy with him..99% support he states.. Not all fans are fickle or stupid and unless we shout KEAN OUT loudly enough for the BBC and SKY voice boxes to pick up then we are going nowhere.. He will tell the Indians he has the support of most fans which he does not.. WITH 5-10 minutes remaining and depending on the scoreline,we don't want to endanger our result we must shout at the top of our voices so he realises he has 5% support and the rest are real fans who want him out! :wstu:

!!KEAN OUT!!

The protest didn't work because not enough people turned up. There were somewhere around 19,000 Rovers fans at the Arsenal game, a protest was arranged by someone willing to stick their neck out and try to make something happen, yet only 700 or so turned up. While that is not quite the 1% that Kean claimed, it was a minority of the fans, giving credence, in front of the owners no less, to his claims that the majority of the fans were behind him. Why wouldn't Venkys believe him after that? That set the Kean out movement back every bit as much as the win over Arsenal did.

Problem is, its now going to look extremely fickle if there is another protest, and it probably won't be taken seriously. The ship has sailed. Those of you that post on here about wanting him out, attended the Arsenal game, but didn't attend the protest to make your voices known - hang your heads. You've created this situation.

Moving on from that - now we all need to get organised, decide on the next course of action, and have the courage of our convictions to follow it through. Apathy is well on its way to destroying our football club, now is the time to take the power back.

The protest didn't work because not enough people turned up.

The protest didn't work "as well" because it took place in the morning. There was a buzz around that Arsenal at home was winnable.

There is no such buzz for the Man City game, infact I'm pretty fearful of this one.

Thanks to the protest Kean did go on the radio, I think that was great he faced the fans.

It also bought attention and pressure to Kean.

Both Kean and Venkys are IMO scared of another protest.

p.s. If Man City beat us hopefully Glen Mullan can unblock his twitter.

From Kamy:

I talked to Venky's PR earlier this morning, for the first time ever was told that "manager is judged on results and last night it was a bad result", normally all I get is "Kean retains the support of the owners".

Based on this I think that a protest outside of the ground is not neccessary.

Results will get him the sack I hope, and I hope the fans in the ground let Kean know what they think.

With injuries to senior players even though of which, Gael is making serious mistakes, Salgado is surely past his use-by date (much as I admire him) and Dann is not yet back up to speed after previous injuries next week's City match is set to be even more of an endurance test than I had feared.

Archived