BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The alternative Podcast

Good pod cast, I like the welsh guy hes talks sense, sort of missed the humour that the regulars add to a serious debate.

I like Glen but he is a little too picky, I thought he might have a go a Kean for spitting out his gum after the third goal.

I defo disagreed on a few points. It seems there are the extremist that think Kean can do no right, there extremists that think Kean can do no wrong and everyone else in the middle who are fickle becuase they don't commit one way or the other AFTER 4 GAMES and desperately want to keep an open mind but have now sided with the anti-Kean argument.

Good pod cast, I like the welsh guy hes talks sense, sort of missed the humour that the regulars add to a serious debate.

I like Glen but he is a little too picky, I thought he might have a go a Kean for spitting out his gum after the third goal.

I defo disagreed on a few points. It seems there are the extremist that think Kean can do no right, there extremists that think Kean can do no wrong and everyone else in the middle who are fickle becuase they don't commit one way or the other AFTER 4 GAMES and desperately want to keep an open mind but have now sided with the anti-Kean argument.

Kean reached four games sometime in January.

Kean reached four games sometime in January.

based on the facts:

We beat Arsenal

Every player gave everything

We moved to 14th

A Kean player was the star in Yakubu

The Venkys lot were there and probably loved Kean even more

Kean actually reached out to the fans after the Arsenal game and took on some tough questions

They were all enough to say, ok if Kean is going to go he needs enough rope "this season" to hang himself and either he will sink or swim in the next 2 or 3 games.

Obviously Kean will sink most likely, but what was the point in voting Kean should be sacked after the Arsenal game when the Venkys were hugging and kissing and probably having a three some with Kean, it was never ever realistic.

Its far more realistic that KEan will get sacked after a heavy defeat to Man City, and if we win the it would be a miricle.

based on the facts:

We beat Arsenal

Every player gave everything

We moved to 14th

A Kean player was the star in Yakubu

The Venkys lot were there and probably loved Kean even more

Kean actually reached out to the fans after the Arsenal game and took on some tough questions

They were all enough to say, ok if Kean is going to go he needs enough rope "this season" to hang himself and either he will sink or swim in the next 2 or 3 games.

Obviously Kean will sink most likely, but what was the point in voting Kean should be sacked after the Arsenal game when the Venkys were hugging and kissing and probably having a three some with Kean, it was never ever realistic.

Its far more realistic that KEan will get sacked after a heavy defeat to Man City, and if we win the it would be a miricle.

Surprising that you can't work out whether he's a good manager or not Chris. Fair enough if you think he's the right man, - I would argue with you over that, but to not know either way yet, is surprising. How long does it take?

Kamy made a good point on twitter yesterday. Even if man city do smash us to itty bitty pieces, would Venkys sack Kean just before the India tour?

Highly unlikely unfortunatly and the longer he's in post the harder it's going to become to save this season IMO

Surprising that you can't work out whether he's a good manager or not Chris. Fair enough if you think he's the right man, - I would argue with you over that, but to not know either way yet, is surprising. How long does it take?

Was it "realistic" after the Arsenal game that Kean was going to get sacked after both Rao Brothers were blowing kisses at him? everyone agrees its no.

So why not give him enough rope to hang himself, it was the only option IMO.

There is a difference in voting with your heart and your brain, many fans could see that Kean had to have the Newscastle and Man City game for there to be enough rope to hang himself, sink or swim.

And Newcastle was much worse then I was expecting, so he really bombed.

many fans could see that Kean had to have the Newscastle and Man City game for there to be enough rope to hang himself, sink or swim.

I don't think so Chris. The majority of fans saw right from the beginning that he wasn't up to the job.

Kamy made a good point on twitter yesterday. Even if man city do smash us to itty bitty pieces, would Venkys sack Kean just before the India tour?

Highly unlikely unfortunatly and the longer he's in post the harder it's going to become to save this season IMO

Save them an airfare and accommodation.

I don't think so Chris. The majority of fans saw right from the beginning that he wasn't up to the job.

Den, that would be some exaggeration. No one knew how it would turn out if they were being honest.

I couldn't have thought of anyone worse for the job when he took it, never heard of him, maybe Alan Ball would have been wrose.

not really the point I was making is you have to juggle what realistically you think will happen with what you want to happen. I would have still liked Kean sacked after the Arsenal game if I was pushed for an decision but he HAD to have more time to fail in Venkys eyes.

Any professional pundit would have agreed that after the Arsneal game Kean was unsackable purely based on the result and Venkys celebrations.

Den, that would be some exaggeration. No one knew how it would turn out if they were being honest.

fair enough.

I'll rephrase it Dave. Some [well a lot actually] knew from very early days, that he wasn't up to the job. Some still can't decide.

Any professional pundit would have agreed that after the Arsneal game Kean was unsackable purely based on the result and Venkys celebrations.

Which highlighted how much our owners know about football. Even if the owners know nothing about football it does not stop them employing a football expert. Everyone takes the ###### out of Beckham for being completely thick. Yet no one makes money from the game like him, which nothing at all to do with him and all to do with who works for him. Before anyone says anything Shebby Singh is not the answer to this problem.

Which in my mind is when the guys due to go on the trip should turn around and say that they dont see the point in going to India when we have so many problems here, maybe the owners should come over here and address the main problems before trying to win hearts and minds.

I also agree with the guy who pointed out that working in an environment where there is no pressure from the owners is not a good situation, if he feels he has no pressure then that attitude will transfer to the players who will in turn put in a lackadaisical effort as seen against Newcastle.

There has to be some kind of direction and goal and in turn comes pressure which after seeing how happy the Rao brothers were with Kean after the Arsenal game (fist pumps an all) I worry about what the owners actually want to achieve with this club.

Which highlighted how much our owners know about football. Even if the owners know nothing about football it does not stop them employing a football expert. Everyone takes the ###### out of Beckham for being completely thick. Yet no one makes money from the game like him, which nothing at all to do with him and all to do with who works for him. Before anyone says anything Shebby Singh is not the answer to this problem.

But they did hire a football expert, Anderson, sure he probably set them up because he got a load of cash, but how could they have known better.

Venkys: What do you thin about promoting Kean to manager

Anderson: I have worked with Kean many years and I can tell you he is very very good, a gem even.

Theres your expert advice.

Sadly the best football advice was right in front of their noses in JW, but I can see how their might have been a little power struggle.

But they did hire a football expert, Anderson, sure he probably set them up because he got a load of cash, but how could they have known better.

Venkys: What do you thin about promoting Kean to manager

Anderson: I have worked with Kean many years and I can tell you he is very very good, a gem even.

Theres your expert advice.

Sadly the best football advice was right in front of their noses in JW, but I can see how their might have been a little power struggle.

Anderson an Expert? Possibly IF he was there for the right reasons, which, sadly, it seems he wasnt. How the hell do you think Sam AND Neil McDonald were $hit canned and Kean got the job? The ususal routine when removing the manager is the assistant takes temporary charge until a replacement is found or they are given the job full time/til the end of season, etc?

McDonald had to be cleared out in order for Kean to ascend, magic how that transpired eh?

Dont hurt that the EXPERT also happens to be Kean's representative either!

There may have been a power struggle but it was very one sided, which resulted in JW being marginalised to the extent that he had nothing to do as "others" were already doing it, such as Kean going for meetings with the owners, Anderson organising Transfers etc.

Stinks to high heaven and "some" of the Venkys knew the situation a long time before the other, important ones, found out.

How different this could have all turned out!

Anderson an Expert? Possibly IF he was there for the right reasons, which, sadly, it seems he wasnt. How the hell do you think Sam AND Neil McDonald were $hit canned and Kean got the job? The ususal routine when removing the manager is the assistant takes temporary charge until a replacement is found or they are given the job full time/til the end of season, etc?

McDonald had to be cleared out in order for Kean to ascend, magic how that transpired eh?

Dont hurt that the EXPERT also happens to be Kean's representative either!

There may have been a power struggle but it was very one sided, which resulted in JW being marginalised to the extent that he had nothing to do as "others" were already doing it, such as Kean going for meetings with the owners, Anderson organising Transfers etc.

Stinks to high heaven and "some" of the Venkys knew the situation a long time before the other, important ones, found out.

How different this could have all turned out!

I didn't mean Anderson are experts, as Ferguson pointed out, but Venkys thought they were experts.

Anyway maybe its time Venkys admit they got fooled and start a new.

All I know is that if I had beaten Kean to India, I would have fancied myself for the job, I did have trials with Millwall and Wycombe Wanderers under 14's after being spotted by scouts, I was just always injured or not consistent enough. Kean's career is only slightly better then mine, ok maybe not but I wouldn't have promised them top 4, I would have promised top 2 and even 300k a year would do me.

Archived