BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS Podcast #10

HUGE thanks to Glenn for getting both the podcasts edited and online.

When I turn up in Pune with nothing ironed having forgotten half my stuff, fending off grumpy customers with unfinished work, at least I can look back and say .... at least we got two podcasts out in the same day!

Just one thing on Jensen leaving. There seems to be a consensus on the podcast that if Kean had come out and said it was his decision, and not the boards, then it would put him in a more positive light. However, before he came out saying it was a board decision, most fans were criticising him for making Jensen the scapegoat.

Best pod so far Ste B talks a lot of sense shame this Admin/Creator role has him so muted lol.

Good interaction too.

BRFCS:Who do you think is going to make the next killing Eddie?

Eddie: I pick Ben Richards

BRFCS: No you have to pick a blackburn player

Eddie: I can choose whoever I want, and I pick Ben Richards

Good podcast; great to hear Eddie.

Thought you guys handled the Jensen dismissal very well raising all the relevant puzzling questions and the City defeat with the appropriate bedside manner for dealing with an extremely sick patient.

If you'd have heard the pre/post recording bits I was involved with, you'd realise the "sick patient" bit had a double meaning. Had I been on air, it would have sounded like an interview with Bob Flemming (not the forum member, he'd be great, but the TV character he took his name from). It's gonna be fun convincing immigration I'm not infectious ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVGxpjXUuWo

No I mean the American accent, It might just be my computer speakers.

It sounds like Steven Hawkins! :D

BTW great podcast.

Its good to hear from posters,I now read wen y hu, Kamys posts in their accents! :lol:

Eddie out on the town with his mate Buck Rogers:

Right, I'll go on another podcast and warm my voice up first.

Right, I'll go on another podcast and warm my voice up first.

Its not that easy getting home at 7am and taking via skype 4 hours later.

Hahaha im not having a go..............

You came across well and had some good points!

I liked the bit when you explained where you came from etc.

English man with american accent living in Paris :D

Poorest podcast so far I am afraid. Great to hear the views on JJ leaving and the City match thou.

No disrespect to Eddie or future podcast guests but do we really need to interview withe who is your fav player etc? I doubt anyone give two shakes about that stuff and are actually a lot more interested in what the guests opinions are on the current state of affairs at Rovers.

None taken, although that may really be my fault. I was supposed to be on the entire podcast, which would have allowed me to comment on more of the goings-on at the club and have the 'interview' bit be more of a side piece, but unfortunately I had to dash off for a work call.

None taken, although that may really be my fault. I was supposed to be on the entire podcast, which would have allowed me to comment on more of the goings-on at the club and have the 'interview' bit be more of a side piece, but unfortunately I had to dash off for a work call.

Was just a general comment Eddie not directed at anyone at all. I hope to hear you again on another podcast and then we can get a chance to hear your views

Guest Wen Y Hu

Poorest podcast so far I am afraid. Great to hear the views on JJ leaving and the City match thou.

No disrespect to Eddie or future podcast guests but do we really need to interview withe who is your fav player etc? I doubt anyone give two shakes about that stuff and are actually a lot more interested in what the guests opinions are on the current state of affairs at Rovers.

BkR, everyone is pretty peeved at the way things are going at the moment - you're not alone and it's easy to let the frustration get to us. But the community of BRFCS has been around for over a decade now and hopefully will be around for an even longer time to come. I think you're from the Blackburn area, so you'll know that following Rovers is about real people - wherever they come from. Plastics don't follow Rovers.

As for Eddie, he's been on the board for 9 years this month and although everyone knows Eddie the poster, very few will actually know Eddie the person. We have just had the pleasure of finding out a little more about a bright young man who has literally grown up on the BRFCS messageboards. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know a little more about him and was able to relate this to his online persona. He is a real person and the people behind the scenes and behind the usernames on the board are all real persons, too. I'm sure plenty of board members will be interested to hear about their fellow members. At times in the past - when the club was in less choppy waters - we have had some interesting and very popular threads where members have introduced themselves or talked about their background supporting Rovers or just reminisced. ICBINF has always got some thread or other that extends the community beyond football interests.

Was just a general comment Eddie not directed at anyone at all. I hope to hear you again on another podcast and then we can get a chance to hear your views

The idea was to have Eddie join in the discussion later on in the podcast, but as he says unfortunately he had to rush off. Eddie was actually due to come on in the previous week's podcast, but his Internet connection went down on the day and he couldn't call in. MattyBlue joined us at a moment's notice and, despite losing his Internet connection on a number of occasions, made a great contribution, too. We'll certainly be hearing from both Eddie and Matty in coming podcasts. Like everyone else involved, I too am ridiculously busy at the moment, but I will try and find some time to start up a thread and invite questions for our guests ahead of podcasts in the not-too-distant future. Anyway, keep the comments coming - we don't always get round to replying, but we do appreciate them.

Archived