BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Great Mobile Phone Deals

Contract length?

24 months which is the industry standard at the momment

Best deal you can get me the iPhone 4S 64GB on friday please?

Sorry Hughesy Dont have any stock of those at the momment in my office I will let you know if that changes

I'm looking for a new smartphone, but I don't need such a mammoth amount of mins or texts. Am currently considering the Galaxy S2 and the Arc S...any advice, anyone?

If you dont need that amount of minutes I can get you a Samsung Galaxy Mini with 300 minutes and 5000 texts (all phones I deal with come with 5000 texts as standard)for £15 a month or with 500 minutes for Just £20

I saw this deal this morning and I'm really tempted to upgrade from my Orange SF: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc-sensation-xe-with-beats-audio-o2-for-18-58-21-50-without-70-redemption-dial-1033119?page=2

£18 a month for one of the best phones out there (reviews better than the latest iPhone). £100 headphones included too.

That's a great deal, I'd be all over that if my credit rating weren't so bad.

I saw this deal this morning and I'm really tempted to upgrade from my Orange SF: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc-sensation-xe-with-beats-audio-o2-for-18-58-21-50-without-70-redemption-dial-1033119?page=2

£18 a month for one of the best phones out there (reviews better than the latest iPhone). £100 headphones included too.

If that's better than a iPhone i'll eat my hat. Hardware wise it may well have more power etc, but software wise, iOS is streets ahead of anything out there.

I switch between an iPhone 4 and and Orange San Fran running Android. The techie in me loves Android, but the iOS is much more polished and far easier to use.

As for phone deals, if you can get hold of a cheap handset, I still can't find anyone offering deals close to giffgaff

I switch between an iPhone 4 and and Orange San Fran running Android. The techie in me loves Android, but the iOS is much more polished and far easier to use.

As for phone deals, if you can get hold of a cheap handset, I still can't find anyone offering deals close to giffgaff

Well I use both (Android on a Samsung S2) and the iPhone (3GS admittedly)and the iPhone feels generations behind the Samsung. Android lets me do so much that iOS doesn't and I'm using the Samsung far more for work because of the things it can do. Looking forward to Ice Cream Sandwich coming out.

I have a San Fran and a HTC Sensation Glenn and the two phones feel like they are running two different systems. I think it's unfair to judge Androids full offerings on such a low spec device. It's a great phone for the money but on a more powerful device Android is amazing.

I have a HTC INspire love it. Beware the Gingerbread update though. Mucho issues. GF has a Iphone and she wants my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided my old Orange SF was a bit primitive for my needs now, so I've just gone for an upgrade.

Went for the new SE Xperia Arc S in the end, it gets cracking reviews and is significantly cheaper than the HTC Sensation/Galaxy S II. iPhone prices are outrageous!

£19.83 a month on Vodafone for 12 months, 300 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb if anyone's interested. I'm not a heavy user so it's perfect for me - especially on the 12 month contract.

I have it on charge now, can't wait to have a play with it.

Decided my old Orange SF was a bit primitive for my needs now, so I've just gone for an upgrade.

Went for the new SE Xperia Arc S in the end, it gets cracking reviews and is significantly cheaper than the HTC Sensation/Galaxy S II. iPhone prices are outrageous!

£19.83 a month on Vodafone for 12 months, 300 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb if anyone's interested. I'm not a heavy user so it's perfect for me - especially on the 12 month contract.

I have it on charge now, can't wait to have a play with it.

Thinking of getting that phone for Mrs Koi.

Thinking of getting that phone for Mrs Koi.

First impressions are excellent. It's a beautiful phone, really light a feels good in your hand. The 1.4ghz processor makes everything really snappy and the new Android looks good. The 8mp camera is excellent, although I haven't figured how to do 3d panoramic shots yet - but there's an HDMI slot for when I figure it out and want to show off. Screen is fantastic.

Battery seems very good too. I've been playing with it a lot since yesterday (as you would expect) and I'm still on about 75% battery. I'd read this in reviews and was one of my main attractions to this phone - the Sensation XE was initially first choice but apparently that doesn't even last a day.

I actually upgraded as I smashed my mp3 player last week (hence having XE as first choice initially), but this is a great media player so I'm not disappointed at all. Volume through headphones is LOUD and it sounds great through my Sennheisers.

I'm yet to find a flaw with it. Maybe heavy multi-tasking will expose the lack of dual-core processor...but 1.4ghz makes it very fast anyway, and I'd definitely prefer extended battery life over an extra core. I was constantly switching between camera/browsing/Facebook/email whilst having music playing and I couldn't see any slowdown.

Archived