BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts: 'The protests are affecting the young players

Have you actually read these? They are the usual say-nothing footballer platitudes that you read hundreds of times from hundreds of players, and state exactly what anyone would expect a player to say. I come back to my original question - is Roberts being accused of being a brown-noser because he has a different view to most on here?

The man is having a go at fans for voicing their justly found criticisms.

It is his privilege to play for Rovers, not our privilege to watch him. He seems to have forgotten what he is - a football player, paid to play football for a club that only exists due to fans desire to watch them.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll tell you what affected me badly today Jase baby. Today several hundred Rovers fans travelled for around 10 hours to support our team. We supported the team well and there was no moaning or booing or anything detrimental to any player (or the manager). What did we get? Four players could be bothered coming over to us at the ned of the game (Robinson, Pedersen, Olssen and Givet I think). David Dunn (who is apparently blue and white) couldn't get off fast enough.

So Jase baby f*** you and the rest of the players who showed scant disregard for the fans today.

I've been to plenty of matches where the players haven't come over to acknowledge the fans. I've even spoken about it before. Probably the protests scaring them...

I wouldn't have gone to that fans if I was a player, I'd want to get in the dressing room and sulk.

But I'm selfish like that.

Ha ha have to agree with you there!!

Have you actually read these? They are the usual say-nothing footballer platitudes that you read hundreds of times from hundreds of players, and state exactly what anyone would expect a player to say. I come back to my original question - is Roberts being accused of being a brown-noser because he has a different view to most on here?

Ah but hasn't anyone told you, you aren't allowed to have a different view <_<

It is his privilege to play for Rovers, not our privilege to watch him. He seems to have forgotten what he is - a football player, paid to play football for a club that only exists due to fans desire to watch them.

JR is on 30K per week most of us don't get that in a year...the C*** wants to keep it shut we pay his overpaid salary for a very poor striker he's on a lot of money but thats not enougth he gets a nice little earner from radio 5 for chatting garbage !

If I'd have been good enougth to pay pro I'd have been very privileged and living the dream unlike some of these overpaid ungratefull C****...to have a go at fans for voicing anger/frustration is wrong completley wrong....theres an old saying if you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen

You generally strike me as a reasoned and sensible poster but having watched the original video all the way through can you point out at what point in it he "has a go" at the fans? Same question to everyone that appears to have jumped on this bandwagon

So the four players that came over either:

1. Are professional enough to show appreciation to the numbers that traveled to Norwich.

2. Agree with the protests. And in their own way are showing some solidarity.

3. Have big enough cojones to come over whether they are scared or not.

4. Are the only ones that listened to Jason Roberts when he said he would have a word after the Newcastle game.

5. Don't care about the protests.

6. Aren't scared at all because they realise that the protests are aimed at Kean and the hierarchy - not the players.

7. Aren't scared easily.

8. Appreciate the fans no matter what.

9. Are ignoring the protesters and showing appreciation to those that aren't protesting.

10. Couldn't be arsed getting to the changing room too quickly to listen to Kean's post match debrief/waffle.

Either way all kudos to them for coming over!!

Kean is being very clever/cowardly using the players as a shield to hide behind. Hiding behind the likes of Roberts and Dunn telling us that the players don't like (aahh bless) the protests and we should all stick together - he is trying to deflect the protests from himself onto the players. And staggeringly people are swallowing it.

Not long ago he said he would do all he could to protect the players from the protests (again I feel that people need reminding that the protests are not aimed at the players!!!). He obviously isn't doing a good job of that either, if as we are led to believe that some of the team are upset/scared. Scared/upset my left nut!!!

I have to say after listening to the podcast of JR on 606 I have lost all respect for the man with his brown noseing for the manager and not answering awkward questions.

I hope he gets benched for a few games. How he can defend how we let a 2 goal lead slip is just plain embarrassing.

When a later person called and asked for him to go back to Wigan made my day maybe even a cheeky swap deal involving Rodallega/Moses would be a good deal.

I'll tell you what affected me badly today Jase baby. Today several hundred Rovers fans travelled for around 10 hours to support our team. We supported the team well and there was no moaning or booing or anything detrimental to any player (or the manager). What did we get? Four players could be bothered coming over to us at the ned of the game (Robinson, Pedersen, Olssen and Givet I think). David Dunn (who is apparently blue and white) couldn't get off fast enough.

So Jase baby f*** you and the rest of the players who showed scant disregard for the fans today.

I also brought this up on the match thread yesterday shortly after the game because it really disappointed me.

I was near to the front when those 4 players came over to us and I eyeballed Pedersen and by mouthing and gesturing I asked him, "Why have only 4 of you have come over?". He was definitely looking at me and gave a shrug of his shoulders as if to say, "I don't know mate, Sorry, but thanks for you support".

I can forgive N'Zonzi because he was genuinely upset.

You generally strike me as a reasoned and sensible poster but having watched the original video all the way through can you point out at what point in it he "has a go" at the fans? Same question to everyone that appears to have jumped on this bandwagon

You must be confusing me with someone else. :lol:

Fact is that he is running interference for a ridiculously inept manager by stating that what the fans are doing is more detrimental to the players. The fact that Kean chooses substitutions like four year olds choose toys and spews more dung than Argentinas entire stock of cows play second fiddle to "the 1%" of fans who choose to voice their displeasure. If this does not constitute a brown nose then it is purely down to Keans diet.

You must be confusing me with someone else. :lol:

Fact is that he is running interference for a ridiculously inept manager by stating that what the fans are doing is more detrimental to the players. The fact that Kean chooses substitutions like four year olds choose toys and spews more dung that you Argentinas entire stock of cows play second fiddle to "the 1%" of fans who choose to voice their displeasure. If this does not constitute a brown nose then it is purely down to Keans diet.

Not going to argue with you about Kean's substitutions - agree totally. But listen again to what he says - he says the atmosphere adds pressure that young players may not have the experience to cope with. Nothing disrespectful to the fans imho

Not going to argue with you about Kean's substitutions - agree totally. But listen again to what he says - he says the atmosphere adds pressure that young players may not have the experience to cope with. Nothing disrespectful to the fans imho

It's the fact that he is trying to shift blame.

If Kean was not a muppet, we would not be in such a terrible state, fans wouldn't be negative, and our Ewood hatchlings wouldnt feel as traumatized.

Mr. Roberts, who threw toys under Sam and set fire to his crayon box, causing unrest within the squad, now has the balls to try and placate the, in my opinion, most understanding and patient fans in the Premier League and tell us to eat cake.

Feck that.

Guest Rovers4Good

Listen guys, yes Roberts might not be a great player and may from time to time come out with a crap statement but let's face it he's given his all for this club and he's a great bloke on and off the pitch and lastly his few goals kept us up last season so just get off his back. :(

Read through the thread and then watched the interview. I was expecting him to be laying into the fans big time for protesting, saying it was really effecting the younger players and how the older guys had been admiring Formica's new scissor collection.

As it is, seems like fairly standard answers to standard questions. Not too sure what the fuss is all about. Yes Jbob loves to brown nose Kean, but those comments are to be expected these days.

Listen guys, yes Roberts might not be a great player and may from time to time come out with a crap statement but let's face it he's given his all for this club and he's a great bloke on and off the pitch and lastly his few goals kept us up last season so just get off his back. :(

And his misses kept us down there !! A pregnant hippo has more speed and movement !

Archived