BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts: 'The protests are affecting the young players

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the protests should be having a good effect on all the players - a much needed kick up the arse and a dose of reality that Kean is so evidently incapable of giving them ! Never mind Kean's idiotic 'positives', the purpose of playing football is to win games and collect more points than the other teams. Oh, and by the way, Roberts, strikers are there to score goals !

A championship-at-best striker. Do you only call him that because he has a different view to you?

He's entitled to his opinion but his opinion is clearly wrong.

Results were awful before the protests and Results were awful after the protests. Performance wise some might even argue that players have been playing better since the protests against the manager (I don't agree but some think that).

I haven't come across anyone who agrees with Roberts that the protests are having a negative impact on the players.

He's comments on protesters are personnel?

"They have to rise to it and react in a positive way"

"It cranks the pressure on them and does not help"

Where does he make a personal comment ABBEY?

If anything Roberts come across as very articulate.

This is not directed at you ABBEY but how many people have just read the subheading and commented without watching the video? I know I did.

He's entitled to his opinion but his opinion is clearly wrong.

Results were awful before the protests and Results were awful after the protests. Performance wise some might even argue that players have been playing better since the protests against the manager (I don't agree but some think that).

I haven't come across anyone who agrees with Roberts that the protests are having a negative impact on the players.

I don't necessarily disagree with you - in fact the games we've had protests at seemed to have improved performances. But perhaps you only come across fans (who mostly agree with the protests) and perhaps Roberts has actually spoken to the younger players? Either way, I still don't understand why it makes him a "brown-noser"

Okay, I can see you're not up for a sensible debate about it. I'll just leave it.

Me? Google his previous comments , you tube etc . He's so far up the venkys and kean it's embarrassing if you can't see it then I will leave it .

Bless their cotton socks, man up and listen!!!! The protests they are aimed at kean and the club heirachy!!!!!!!!!! The level of ignorance as to what the protests are about is astonishing.

If they are getting affected maybe they shouldn't play if they aren't in the right frame of mind. we should ban away fans saying naughty things about them and the club too, to protect their delicate ears.

Oh you win hes said nowt. Top bloke R J

I don't know if you think I'm winding you up but I'm not. I did a quick search on google and couldn't find much. You say he's a brown-noser and it's obvious why - well maybe I'm thick but it isn't to me. So surely you can point me at these things he's said that are brown nosing?

Barn door spent all his time on Radio 5 telling fans they shouldnt boo or protest or complain if their team is constantly crap.

Maybe we should all be like him and put no effort in. Keep up your mantra JR if you like but you have no believers.

I don't know if you think I'm winding you up but I'm not. I did a quick search on google and couldn't find much. You say he's a brown-noser and it's obvious why - well maybe I'm thick but it isn't to me. So surely you can point me at these things he's said that are brown nosing?

He kissed Venkys backsides and is a drinking buddy of Kean's.Only reason he gets a game.

Wish he'd come on instead of the useless Scot who's done jack-all since he came in from the Pub league

Who signed Goodwillie as the 'next Rooney'?

We're leaking goals maybe our 'next Smalling' will get a game.

I'll tell you what affected me badly today Jase baby. Today several hundred Rovers fans travelled for around 10 hours to support our team. We supported the team well and there was no moaning or booing or anything detrimental to any player (or the manager). What did we get? Four players could be bothered coming over to us at the ned of the game (Robinson, Pedersen, Olssen and Givet I think). David Dunn (who is apparently blue and white) couldn't get off fast enough.

So Jase baby f*** you and the rest of the players who showed scant disregard for the fans today.

I'll tell you what affected me badly today Jase baby. Today several hundred Rovers fans travelled for around 10 hours to support our team. We supported the team well and there was no moaning or booing or anything detrimental to any player (or the manager). What did we get? Four players could be bothered coming over to us at the ned of the game (Robinson, Pedersen, Olssen and Givet I think). David Dunn (who is apparently blue and white) couldn't get off fast enough.

So Jase baby f*** you and the rest of the players who showed scant disregard for the fans today.

Roberts got a call from a Rovers fan on radio 5 after the Newcastle away match. The bloke said Rovers fans gave the team good support but most of the players ignored them at the final whistle. Roberts said ' i'll have a word with the lads and mke sure i doesnt happen again'

We should offer the players out at Brockall, then we'll see who's 'blue & white'

Wish he'd come on instead of the useless Scot who's done jack-all since he came in from the Pub league

What I don't understand, is why did Rochina and Formica get half a season to adapt to the Pl but Goodwillie who's come from (and I hate to say it) an inferior league and has to fit in the team straight away?

Also I might be a bit cynical but did Kean put Goodwillie on Yakubu because Roberts needed to get to the nearest BBC radio station?

To be fair to Nzonzi, he was at the other end of the pitch and looked extremely upset, so much so one of the back room staff had to walk him off with his arm round his shoulder whilst Nzonzi appeared to be wiping his eyes.

Have you actually read these? They are the usual say-nothing footballer platitudes that you read hundreds of times from hundreds of players, and state exactly what anyone would expect a player to say. I come back to my original question - is Roberts being accused of being a brown-noser because he has a different view to most on here?

Archived