BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts: 'The protests are affecting the young players

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be perfectly honest, I am a bit surprised nobody has picked up on this yet, or if they have, sorry I missed your post. But the reason everyone is backing Kean (the medja, all the rovers players, all the other managers, commentators and pundits) is because they hate rovers and want us to leave the premier league and want a bigger club in the league. The players in this case, see it as an easy way out.

I have to take issue here, they dont hate us. They just struggle to ensivage any life outside the top 5 clubs in the country. They hated us much more when we had the audacity to beat the likes of United et al on a regular basis (at Ewood). Just remember the cloggers / bully boy comments....For hatred involves knowledge and appreciation.

By and large the yoinger players have done really well for us this season. It's the Salgado's and Roberts of our squad who have let the club down through poor form. And maybe we wouldn't have to play all these youngsters if:

A/ The manager had brought in more experienced players

B/ The perennial sick notes could actually manage to do what they get paid for and actually play

These comments from our number one striker have put me in an angry mood now and I'm setting off for Norwich in half an hour - thanks Roberts you self righteous, over rated, whinging, pompous, crap talking oxygen thief.

Well that's secured Roberts a starting place on Saturday.

Why is it the entire media appear oblivious to our plight? We're ROCK BOTTOM. We've won ONE GAME this season. Our manager almost got us RELEGATED last season (oh sorry, he "saved us". Silly me). But the media are making out like the protesters are just a bunch of ingrates who want fast-food success, not to mention so many of them seem to be kissing Kean's ass on a regular basis. By the way, this question's rhetorical, because we all know the media care not for clubs like Blackburn Rovers. Look at the pressure the likes of Roy Hodgson came under during his brief stint at Liverpool. Are we, as Blackburn fans, supposed to count our blessings and accept that we're where we belong?

Looks like we are seeing and feeling the power and influence of Jerome Anderson in the national media.

Dear Jason,

I am so glad you don't want people to protest as it shows lack of unity. Just imagine if someone started to show their displeasure that something was not going their way...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/11/15/2215017/blackburn-rovers-boss-sam-allardyce-jason-roberts-and-i-dont

Now remind me again what the difference is between a fan protesting and a player protesting?

After witnessing Jason's performance against Spurs, perhaps his inclusion in the team is having a bigger effect on players. He was disinterested and spent most of the game being his usual ineffective self. Young players seeing him picked ahead of them must be just as angry.

In addition footballers are paid the sums of money that most of us could only dream about, his job is to play football,

If Rovers get relegated I wonder how many of our players will be protesting at the Chairpersons door for a transfer????

Its ok for them, cos if we go down they just find another club and another pay cheque

krPPq.png

Bob on!!!! Roberts look in the mirror , you should be ashesmed ofyourself ass licking brown nosing exploits!!!! Your a disgrace to MEN !!! Pathetic!!!! Your like mr burns mate of the Simpsons!!! Grow a pair you big girls blouse !! Like on twitter someone doesn't agree with you , you block them !!! Wuss .

Roberts as a man is a top bloke, as all those who have met him will testify, the personal attacks on him are wrong the same as Kean IMO.

Kean is an inept manager, Roberts an average striker, but both don't deserve the personal attacks IMO.

Fair point Imy but some of this crap they're both coming out with is inexcusable. Nobody at the club has the right to have a go at the fans, given the support the team IS getting during the games.

I used to believe that imy but not anymore. I've never met him personally but some of the crap he comes out with on twitter and in the press is a complete joke. His use of the race card to try and cover up his "sucking up" and complete lack of top flight talent is pathetic!

Roberts as a man is a top bloke, as all those who have met him will testify, the personal attacks on him are wrong the same as Kean IMO.

Kean is an inept manager, Roberts an average striker, but both don't deserve the personal attacks IMO.

Why is he a top blond? He's a brown tongued creep. He won't accept critism .

Why does kean not deserve it? He openly started the war by lying about fans!!!!

Why is he a top blond? He's a brown tongued creep. He won't accept critism .

Why does kean not deserve it? He openly started the war by lying about fans!!!!

Have spoken to him once and came across as a top bloke, he has done a lot away from football like the creation of his charity to support that.

The rest of what he says is his own opinion- he is entitled to it.

I hate personal comments aimed at anyone.

He's comments on protesters are personnel?

was just about to point out the exact same.

apparently its okay for roberts to categorize the protestors actions as harmfull. Apparently its not okay to state the obvious facts about roberts and his lack of ability to score goals.

Seems to me there are levels of hypocrisy on both sides here. Roberts was an arse when Sam wasn't picking him so shouldn't be commenting on any fan protests. Equally, I'd don't think he should be called a brown-noser either because the thing with people like that is that they do it to everyone - and he plainly didn't when Sam was in charge. And there are some on here who quite like a good moan and are happy to have a go at anyone who doesn't dislike Kean or Venkys as much as they do, but are then up in arms when the likes of Dunn and Roberts say something back. What's that all about?

Archived