BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

David Dunn

Pete1981

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picks himself looking at who is available to replace him out of our current squad.

60 minutes is better than what we get out of some of the alternatives.

Our squad, in every position, is just too weak.

Dunn remains a gifted footballer. The problem is we haven't a suitable midfielder to pair him with. When Tugay was struggling to force his legs to run around for 70 minutes or more he had Savage. The arrangement was Savage ran around a lot and won the ball, in fact, Savage did the leg work for the pair of them whilst Tugay provided the technique and the brains. We simply don't have the Savage to complement the Dunn. Nonetheless he still has his place and in recent games I think hes played as well as he has for over a year.

Dunn remains a gifted footballer. The problem is we haven't a suitable midfielder to pair him with. When Tugay was struggling to force his legs to run around for 70 minutes or more he had Savage. The arrangement was Savage ran around a lot and won the ball, in fact, Savage did the leg work for the pair of them whilst Tugay provided the technique and the brains. We simply don't have the Savage to complement the Dunn. Nonetheless he still has his place and in recent games I think hes played as well as he has for over a year.

That is sort of why I dont think petrovic and n'zonzi work well together in the set up we play well at least not at the moment.

with the way we play attacking wise they work great but defensivly they are useless,they could work better if we took out the seond stiker and sloted someone like lowe behind them both, But to play like we do with the players we have got I would try n'zonzi and lowe and use petrovic as an impact sub with his eye for a pass he can really unlock a defence but tracking back and defending he isnt strong enough at not yet anyway.

I feel if we want to play people like dunn, formica etc we cant pair nzonzi and petrovic I just think its suicide.

Im not sure how good petrovic has been defensivly in weaker leagues but maybe he was paired with a more defensive player.

I think they have improved as a solid pairing recently, Petrovic can pick out a pass whilst Nzonzi is more conservative.

However I think we should start playing Lowe in the middle from now on, he could help make up for the lack of legs and tenacity, we could even play all 3 together, and we have Henley and Orr at right back.

Archived