BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

David Dunn

Pete1981

A planted story. When Dunn signs a one year extension, and pay rise, Kean can call it a success in retaining a senior member of the treatment room.

A race for his signature? Yeah, it'll be the same queue of teams who were chasing Pedersen a couple of years back til his 'loyalty' kicked in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giving Dunny a TWO YEAR contract at his age, fitness record and potential to break is the dumbest thing imaginable...

...at a proper football club.

He's had a good bit of form (and fitness)? Just in time for new contract talks after after stories of him potentially leaving? Shocker.

Have we learned nothing from the exact same situation with Pedersen? Oh, that's right, everyone involved in that deal has left the club!

Giving Dunny a TWO YEAR contract at his age, fitness record and potential to break is the dumbest thing imaginable...

...at a proper football club.

He's had a good bit of form (and fitness)? Just in time for new contract talks after after stories of him potentially leaving? Shocker.

Have we learned nothing from the exact same situation with Pedersen? Oh, that's right, everyone involved in that deal has left the club!

I would imagine the new deal will be heavily incentive based. Think a lot would depend on appearances with a lower basic wage.

the mans a legend! I will admit the last year he has not been at his best and is getting on a bit, but like carragher and gerrard for liverpool I think we need to keep dunny in some capaticity at blackburn, been a great servant and a great player and wil go down as a legend. I wouldnt mind giving any kind of contract as long as its not for big wages obviously. But lets not slag him off when he has done alot for this football club. Some decent performances in big games such as the derby games for our club, its nice to have 1 of our own at the club.

I would imagine the new deal will be heavily incentive based. Think a lot would depend on appearances with a lower basic wage.

Let's bleeding hope so.

the mans a legend! I will admit the last year he has not been at his best and is getting on a bit, but like carragher and gerrard for liverpool I think we need to keep dunny in some capaticity at blackburn, been a great servant and a great player and wil go down as a legend. I wouldnt mind giving any kind of contract as long as its not for big wages obviously. But lets not slag him off when he has done alot for this football club. Some decent performances in big games such as the derby games for our club, its nice to have 1 of our own at the club.

Great servant, no doubt but his time has gone. His legs too. Get him involved in the coaching, make him manager, but don't give him a new two year playing contract.

"Reality Check" Dunn has spent 12 months kissing Venkys and SK's asses to get a new deal, without a second thought for the team's future or it's fans, this is on top of him being injured, knackered, overweight. Not a chance in hell I would sign this guy up, Kean on the other hand likes yes men, so I fully expect him to get a 15 year deal on double what he earns now, whilst the deluded one explains that we have just kept the new Paul Gascoigne/Kaka

"Reality Check" Dunn has spent 12 months kissing Venkys and SK's asses to get a new deal, without a second thought for the team's future or it's fans, this is on top of him being injured, knackered, overweight. Not a chance in hell I would sign this guy up, Kean on the other hand likes yes men, so I fully expect him to get a 15 year deal on double what he earns now, whilst the deluded one explains that we have just kept the new Paul Gascoigne/Kaka

Here's a "reality check"

Most; if not all of your post is quite laughable :)

Suppose he kissed Allardyces "ass" too when he was playing regularly for him?

You're saying Dunny doesn't care about the clubs future/fans??

Read his last interview about clearing out the rubbish and his view on Venkys PR.

Dunny's overweight? Burnley away, shirt thrown in to the crowd....The man's built like a brick kack house.

*que the "Dunnys' mum/dad/mate/boyfriend's here" line*

Me and my mates who go to Ewood have been saying this season that Dunny is looking the fittest he has done in years?

Hes trimmer and hes doing a lot more running for as long as I can remember.

Basically I dont think we can afford to lose a player of his ability for free and have to spend money bringing in as good if not better replacement.

By ability I mean hes about a 7/10 player but has bags of PL experience, LOVES the club and I actually think hes got a good football brain.

My only fear is hes playing for a contract and if Kean gave him a 2 year contract tomorrow hed pile on the weight and become injury prone. But hopefully hes a proper fan and wants to finish his career with us on a high (13th place)

Here's a "reality check"

Most; if not all of your post is quite laughable :)

Suppose he kissed Allardyces "ass" too when he was playing regularly for him?

You're saying Dunny doesn't care about the clubs future/fans??

Read his last interview about clearing out the rubbish and his view on Venkys PR.

Dunny's overweight? Burnley away, shirt thrown in to the crowd....The man's built like a brick kack house.

*que the "Dunnys' mum/dad/mate/boyfriend's here" line*

This is what I meant about ass kissing, but as Dunn's auntie you probably wouldn't acknowledge it,

Demonstrations have been seen at most of Rovers' home games this season, noticeably prior to the victory over Arsenal, but Dunn believes some fans need a reality check as it is not helping the side.

He told the Lancashire Telegraph: “It was disappointing, the booing and the jeering doesn’t help anyone. From a players’ point of view, we see the hard work the manager and the staff do so it is disappointing to see the reaction.

“I am hoping it is just a minority. I heard the guys that are leading the protest on the radio and it is poor. To be leading protests is poor.

“I had a reality check on Saturday when I looked at Manchester City and one of the players on their bench cost more than our owners paid for our club.

At the time of this quote we were bottom of the league and the fans were being treated like a leper colony, by the club, the deluded one and the media, particularly as we were as dire as a team could be both positionally and performance wise and were constantly served a ream of platitudes and PR garbage by Kean and his klingons: so I won't be rejoicing when a player who has spent more time in the med centre than a casualty extra at 32 is expected to sign on for another 2 years

“Put it like that and maybe we need to get real.

This is what I meant about ass kissing, but as Dunn's auntie you probably wouldn't acknowledge it,

Demonstrations have been seen at most of Rovers' home games this season, noticeably prior to the victory over Arsenal, but Dunn believes some fans need a reality check as it is not helping the side.

He told the Lancashire Telegraph: It was disappointing, the booing and the jeering doesnt help anyone. From a players point of view, we see the hard work the manager and the staff do so it is disappointing to see the reaction.

I am hoping it is just a minority. I heard the guys that are leading the protest on the radio and it is poor. To be leading protests is poor.

I had a reality check on Saturday when I looked at Manchester City and one of the players on their bench cost more than our owners paid for our club.

At the time of this quote we were bottom of the league and the fans were being treated like a leper colony, by the club, the deluded one and the media, particularly as we were as dire as a team could be both positionally and performance wise and were constantly served a ream of platitudes and PR garbage by Kean and his klingons: so I won't be rejoicing when a player who has spent more time in the med centre than a casualty extra at 32 is expected to sign on for another 2 years

Put it like that and maybe we need to get real.

Drama Queen.

Dunn has shown his quality time and time again, not his fault kean played him out of position and this probably didnt help with his injuries.

He looked a spent force as he could no longer play as a box to box midfielder. Sam put him as an attacking midfielder and they guy was our talisman and best player by miles and our keague position just would not have been possible without him.

And now Kean is FINALLY playing him as an attacking midfielder I would argue he is again our best player at least attacking wise (which 2 years later is probably a sad indication of the lack of investment in the playing squad from the trust and venkys) and has been at the heart of everything good in our play along with hoilett but he has the experience and it wouldnt be possible without him.

Since he put the performances in under sam and samba kept having sulks he has remained my favourite player. He is blackburn born & bred and a rover through and through which just makes the fact he is top player all the better. :brfc:

Dunny is an experienced premiership player. Him signing on for another 2 years with a relegation clause whacked in works for me. No he can't play a central midfield role these days but he is a good attacking mid/support striker, whatever you want to call it. If we let him go we wouldn't buy a replacement as Venkys are skint.

Guest Rovers4Good

Dunny's past it and he knows it. :(

He's been a good servant to the club and some say he's good around the team but let's face facts, if you could only do half your job week in week out and then you where off sick more times than not would your bosses be pushing for you to get bonuses etc????

I severely doubt it.

A two year contract is madness.

Most clubs operate a cautious policy with players over 30. To offer a 32 year old with his injury record that kind of contract is madness.

Have they not learnt anything from the Salgado/Roberts debacle?

I think we all know he is crocked, but the last 2 games vs Fulham and Everton he controlled everything we did well!

The guy who sits next to me says he knows Dunny's mates and apparently he has all sorts of pain killing injections before every training and match.

He obviously shouldn't be playing and his body is wrecked, but apparently he is desperate to play every game and prove alot of the Rovers fans that think he is finished wrong.

Fair play to the lad - even though I was calling for him to go at the Wigan match after his red!

I still think Dunny is a good player to have in the squad but, due to his fitness/injury issues, I would have let him go at end of contract.

What I really dont understand if this 2-year offer is true (has it been confirmed?), is how this fits with an apparant significant cost-cutting exercise involving moving most older players on higher wages out of the club. Why would we be looking to retain Dunn longer term whilst loaning out Formica?

• Backroom

fast forward one year

David Dunn is unable to play for Blackburn Rovers in their crunch relegation clash against Doncaster on saturday due to an extension clause inserted in his contract after he plays a certain amount of games. The portly midfielder is for sale but as of yet there are no takers.

fast forward one year

David Dunn is unable to play for Blackburn Rovers in their crunch relegation clash against Doncaster on saturday due to an extension clause inserted in his contract after he plays a certain amount of games. The portly midfielder is for sale but as of yet there are no takers.

Exactly right and very funny.

Given what has happened to Salgado, Roberts etc who have been duped by the club into signing a " play so manyy games and get a new contract" agreement, no player is going to trust Venkys in signing a similar deal or for that matter any appearance based contract e.g. pay as you play.

No sense in it.

Say goodbye, free up the wage bill.

I'm not letting a couple of half-decent performances near contract time blinker my view.

Of course there is good reason for keeping dunny around. We will need club grown players for when we make the champions league in 2-3 years time, that'll make all this kerfuffle at present worth-while.

Archived