SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

David Dunn

Pete1981

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Fair enough he looked a bit better again last week but he also cost us a goal with his clueless defending, against Fulham he was good but for me Wigan away was near unforgivable and wouldn't have been sad had he never played for us again.

It's a sad indication of our team that he is good enough for us

What is the issue with this?

A ONE year deal for an experienced premier league player, I expect him to be a squad player and a very good one he will be.

Were there not ITK's stating that he had a row with Kean?

What are his wages, anybody have the scoop? I've read 30k per week before. That's not something we can afford for a squad player. I'm not annoyed at this or anything, but think the wages could have been put to better use. I'd have offered dunn a heavily performance based contract only.

I must admit that I'm pleased to see Dunny sign on for another year. I think he showed in the last two games that a fit Dunny is still our most creative player. With the owners not showing any inclination to invest in the club it is vital that we keep players who actually play with a passion for the club. I know that his fitness is still a problem but if we can give three year contracts to the likes of Bruno I'm sure that Dunny is worth another twelve months. He will contribute far more than Bruno and Anderson over the next twelve months to say the least.

What is the issue with this?

A ONE year deal for an experienced premier league player, I expect him to be a squad player and a very good one he will be.

He's also experienced at being crippled and an absolute liability. But he's played well in the last few games so hey ho, let's forget all that.

He's also experienced at being crippled and an absolute liability. But he's played well in the last few games so hey ho, let's forget all that.

Hey, that's a valid argument.

It's also been used by at least half a dozen people as a reason to vote "Keep Kean" in another thread! :blink:

Whose forgetting anything? Stating a fact that we have a very young team with a lack of pl experience so giving a ONE year deal to a Rovers fan who has hundreds of pl games under his belt is a positive thing.

Last five years he has averaged 22 games including this season (so this will go up), that similar amount and the bigger role he has to play as a senior figure are crucial, but hey ho let's chuck him out of the club and beg the likes of Samba, who has repeatedly shown the fans a lack of respect, to stay.

Seems like I am in the minority of people who are happy with this. Funny is a decent player as a second striker/attacking mid. We need a squad of players not just a starting 11. Funny is a good lad to have around..

You've got to love predictive text!

Unless Funny is the name of a new clown that's signed up for 12 months of laughs at Circus Venkys. :unsure:

Whose forgetting anything? Stating a fact that we have a very young team with a lack of pl experience so giving a ONE year deal to a Rovers fan who has hundreds of pl games under his belt is a positive thing.

Don't worry, Imy, PL experience won't be necessary where we're headed.

Last five years he has averaged 22 games including this season (so this will go up), that similar amount and the bigger role he has to play as a senior figure are crucial, but hey ho let's chuck him out of the club and beg the likes of Samba, who has repeatedly shown the fans a lack of respect, to stay.

I've got it down to 17, actually.

Also, what's Samba got to do with sh*t? Don't throw him in as a flimsy red herring.

Don't worry, Imy, PL experience won't be necessary where we're headed.

I've got it down to 17, actually.

Also, what's Samba got to do with sh*t? Don't throw him in as a flimsy red herring.

Experience, whether PL or not, will be vital for us in the Championship.

One man's red herring is another's very valid point.

Experience, whether PL or not, will be vital for us in the Championship.

Really? The Championship is a highly competitive league with games coming thick & fast. Will Dunn be up to it? I doubt it.

One man's red herring is another's very valid point.

No, it's not. What has Samba got to do with Dunn earning a new contract?

Nothing. Now run along, DGS.

3 months ago I wouldn't have given him a contract, the game seemed too fast for him.I actualy felt sorry for him, the mind seemed willing but the body...!!

He seemed to get angry with his own performances.

The so called fans who boo'd him and the likes of posters who slaughtered (and continue to call him childish offensive names) on here don't help either. He doesn't deserve that rubbish off you lot, you should be ashamed!

Dunny is a Rovers fan and player, and he will give 100% (of what he has to give) in any game.

We also need his experience on the pitch, with only Peds (another player widely criticised on here), Givet and Robbo the only other 1st team regulars left with any experience, (presuming Saly, Samba, Nelsen don't play again this season).

Also, I'd rather have Dunny on the pitch than most of the players signed under Venkys!!

I hope Dunny stays at Rovers long after he's hung his boots up. I, for one, am proud of him, and, I'm glad to say his recent performances have proved me and many others wrong.

Well done Dunny lad and congrats on another contract. :brfc:

No, it's not. What has Samba got to do with Dunn earning a new contract?

Nothing. Now run along, DGS.

The point being made was that Samba, with his behaviour towards the club, is more deserving of abuse from Rovers fans than David Dunn.

Try not to be so haughty and arrogant if you bother to reply.

The point being made was that Samba, with his behaviour towards the club, is more deserving of abuse from Rovers fans than David Dunn.

Try not to be so haughty and arrogant if you bother to reply.

No one's "abusing" Dunn, simply stating that he doesn't deserve a new contract.

Better fix him up with a minder, too.

Some people seem a bit angry about it, overly so.

Why would he need a minder?

I think Topman's joking there but Dunn is shown a lack of respect at times. He isn't fat for example but naturally stocky.

A bit of jealousy for the local boy who's become rich I think. Interesting that he's happy to commit himself to us without waiting to see if we are relegated. That's worthy in itself.

A promoted club would probably take him on a free imo.

Archived