BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

David Dunn

Pete1981

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help feeling that Dunny comes in for a lot of unnecessary stick on here.

He's clearly Rovers through and through and gives his all whenever he gets out on the pitch. He seems to have a purple patch of about 10 games per season where he's right at the top of his game, and at that time he's by far and away our best player. It seems to be coming on just now.

Where the smelly stuff is hitting the fan I'd rather have players like him in my Rovers team than some 2-bob journeyman (such is the likely alternative).

And we do need players for the next season. After the relegation and the carnage in the transfer window after, we're lucky if we have Dunny in our starting line up at Doncaster next to all those academy lads.

I can't help feeling that Dunny comes in for a lot of unnecessary stick on here.

He's clearly Rovers through and through and gives his all whenever he gets out on the pitch. He seems to have a purple patch of about 10 games per season where he's right at the top of his game, and at that time he's by far and away our best player. It seems to be coming on just now.

Where the smelly stuff is hitting the fan I'd rather have players like him in my Rovers team than some 2-bob journeyman (such is the likely alternative).

Definitely. But given Dunny's best years are well behind him a journeyman should not be the only alternative.

A planted story. When Dunn signs a one year extension, and pay rise, Kean can call it a success in retaining a senior member of the treatment room.

A race for his signature? Yeah, it'll be the same queue of teams who were chasing Pedersen a couple of years back til his 'loyalty' kicked in.

Not often I get to be proven right so I'll shameless milk it!

Official Site

Rovers manager Steve Kean said:" Everyone knows that not only is David Blackburn Rovers through and through but he remains a top player and a key member of our squad"

Now, for my next staggering prediction. Now he's signed his new contract I'll give it a few weeks before that hamstring starts to get sore again.

Fill your boots Dunny, lad.

article-1311871309469-0D340B8C00000578-96175_636x499-e1325551796502.jpg

Totally agree. Its always been open season on here against Dunn. Plenty didn't want him to return from Birmingham.He's Rovers through and through and deserves another year.

Give over mate...he has hiscontract now...back to type. Remember west brom at home..bolton...plus many many more...where he was slow lethargic and generally crapp.?

Dunn was tremendous at Everton when his contract would have been as good as sealed.

What's your problem with him?

Dunn was tremendous at Everton when his contract would have been as good as sealed.

What's your problem with him?

I take it you weren't at any of the games prior to christmas then? Wign away was the highlight for me...boooed off by his own fans...chants of ' you fat barsteward' To give him such a long deal is like sticking two fingers up at the fans.

I take it you weren't at any of the games prior to christmas then? Wign away was the highlight for me...boooed off by his own fans...chants of ' you fat barsteward' To give him such a long deal is like sticking two fingers up at the fans.

June 2013.

Can you honestly say he doesn't deserve another year taking the quality of our current squad into consideration?

Pretty stupid move really but I'm not surprised at either Kean rewarding one of his cheerleaders a new deal or the comments by some fans that he is worth keeping on. We seem to have this 'sentimentality culture' at Rovers where we can't move players on because years ago they were very good, as we saw with Pedersen last year and now Dunny.

I wonder if we have to sell one of our younger and more promising players to pay for this? IIRC the Finance Director Karen Silk has been told she has to cut the wage bill, giving Dunny a new deal won't achieve that.

June 2013.

Can you honestly say he doesn't deserve another year taking the quality of our current squad into consideration?

He doesn't. It's just another example of keeping a past it player on big wages because he once was good.

Pretty stupid move really but I'm not surprised at either Kean rewarding one of his cheerleaders a new deal or the comments by some fans that he is worth keeping on. We seem to have this 'sentimentality culture' at Rovers where we can't move players on because years ago they were very good, as we saw with Pedersen last year and now Dunny.

Too right, RVR. It's exactly what happened under the Trust, keeping ageing, mediocre players on new contracts because they wouldn't put their hand in their pocket for new ones. Hard to believe we've actually gone backwards from there. At least the Trust got the basics right.

He scored a vital goal against Fulham and was excellent last week. He's starting to put a run of games together and is looking trim. We cant afford to ditch players of his experience and ability. He'll be a real asset next season if we get relegated.

He scored a vital goal against Fulham and was excellent last week. He's starting to put a run of games together and is looking trim. We cant afford to ditch players of his experience and ability. He'll be a real asset next season if we get relegated.

But for how long, DGS? History would show that he tends to put in a decent run before getting injured for a longer period of time. This is only likely to worsen with age and so, if we are relegated, he is more likely to be a drain on even more limited funds than an asset in getting us back up.

If we are not relegated then I don't see him being of value to us next season anyway.

We all know we are skint, so WHY on earth would we let a player with tonnes of PL experience leave on a free when we have no money to replace him?

I dont know if its just the lure of a new contract but hes cureently been in the best form for a long time.

Also horrible to say but IF we go down, Dunny will rip the Championship apart, id expect 10 - 12 goals with loads of assists.

The only reason we would let him go is if we could bring in a younger better mid on a free in the summer and pay him the same or less wage, but seeing we didnt get reo coker, seb larsson, david vaughan etc I wouldnt hold much hope of that happening.

Archived