BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Year's Season Tickets

Hasta

Not been done for a while. Any chance of a poll?

At the moment, do you think you will buy a season ticket next year.

• Yes

• Yes but only if we stop up

• No

Judging from the people I have spoken to over the last few weeks, both at games, at work and in pubs around Blackburn, I would expect the result to be quite shocking.

If no one bought a ST next season, would they care? Would they look to sell? If ST's went down by 50% would that do it?

Of course we have no idea. Can someone tell me what % of revenue ST sales generates at Rovers? 15% maybe?

More to the point though they clearly don't care. Again today we have to read about how Kean has to walk around with Jackie Chan by his side for his own safety because of the fans (as Jason Cundy pointed out to me on my way home from work jthis evening on TalkShite we're a "disgrace"). This on a 24 hour basis, to keep the people in the village away (even though they all say he's doing good job according to Kean) and presumably any over worked postmen seeking revenge.

No, they don't care if we turn up next season or not. If they did they'd have told him to shut the feck up. So it's one of two things, they're quite happy to take the Sky TV money only or they're planning on doing one. It could be both of course.

Half that figure and you might be a bit closer to the mark - 15000 @ £300 is £4.5m, and as a percentage of £55m, is 8%

Blimey. We really are a bunch of insignificant moaning bastrds aren't we? Not really worth even trying to keep us happy is it? That's not good at all. You could sell Rochina for that amount according to Jerome Anderson, problem solved.

Half that figure and you might be a bit closer to the mark - 15000 @ £300 is £4.5m, and as a percentage of £55m, is 8%

Is it even that much? Don't forget that a lot of season-tickets cost less than £300; e.g. Pensioners, children and students, especially those sitting on the Riverside.

Mods: Any chance of merging this and the similar thread which started last night? Even though I'm using Lent to give my liver a chance to repair itself, I was a bit worried I was seeing [and answering] double!

And that doesn't consider that STs in general don't cost that much - wasn't it £225 behind goals and riverside?? Also the % of those that are juniors or Seniors. More likely around £2-3m of our income!

Which is why us peasants and our opinions on things like the manager count for nothing.

Trouble is on relegation, our paltry £3-4m becomes a bigger percentage of income.

By ignoring the fans they clearly look to staying in the PL as the main income source. Trouble with that is they aren't doing anything to prevent relegation. It's the old Catch-22 that JW and co had mastered the art of, yet were not required under the new owners.

Archived