BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Normal Service Resumed No 5

Great to see the Con-Dems are reverting to type. The latest wheeze to restrict public sector wages outside the properous South is the best yet. Poverty stricken areas like Blackburn and Rochdale where I live will just descend deeper into poverty. Where they get the idea that these employees will then be driven into private sector jobs I just don't know, where are the private sector jobs ? I wonder if this new plan will be applied to M.P.'s salaries as well ? As I see the it hard pressed teachers/nurses/policemen in the impoverished, under-resourced North will get less rewards than their colleagues in the much more pleasant and well financed South.

Any Lib-Dems M. P.'s reading this, my advice is fill your boots now because your party will be back filling a black cab at the next general election.

All done to help fund the awaited tax cut for the very richest.

Exactly how much of these policies are the Lib-Dems having a say in? Looks like none to me.

Can someone explain why a nurse in London is worth more than a nurse in Lancashire, because I cannot.

Where they get the idea that these employees will then be driven into private sector jobs I just don't know, where are the private sector jobs ?

And there is the rub in a nutshell. The private sector funds the public sector so as the private sector diminishes the next step is inevitable.

People working in the private sector are well aware of this but those in the public sector seem reluctant to accept the reallities. I suggest that a job is a job whether it's in the private or public sector. If anyone seeks higher pay then just go and get it. Whichever sector it is in, or where it is is imo irrelevent.

And there is the rub in a nutshell. The private sector funds the public sector so as the private sector diminishes the next step is inevitable.

People working in the private sector are well aware of this but those in the public sector seem reluctant to accept the reallities. I suggest that a job is a job whether it's in the private or public sector. If anyone seeks higher pay then just go and get it. Whichever sector it is in, or where it is is imo irrelevent.

Still doesn't make it right that there is a North-South divide on how the remedy is applied.

I echo Tyrone. Where are all of the private sector jobs that are going to occupy all of the people the government no longer wish to employ?

Too much, too fast, IMHO.

So the government's solution to regional inequalities is to cut the pay of people living in less prosperous areas while at the same time giving tax cuts to the rich most of whom live in the wealthier areas and who caused this financial crisis in the first place.

This government is morally bankrupt and the Tory elements within it are b'stards.

Still doesn't make it right that there is a North-South divide on how the remedy is applied.

There is a north south divide in most of the private sector. Many jobs are subject to a London loading. Try getting a tradesman in London for the same hourly rate that you can get one here.

There is a north south divide in most of the private sector. Many jobs are subject to a London loading. Try getting a tradesman in London for the same hourly rate that you can get one here.

I'm thinking bigger picture, Gordon. This is just making things worse.

All it will do is further drive down the average wage, and discriminatorily towards the North of England, where jobs (any kind of job) are diminishing rapidly.

I expect we will see public service cuts, strike action and yet contuing increases in the tax I pay. It's great 'ere, 'innit?

Archived