BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys ownership - help with uni work

Doing a research piece about Venkys ownership and BRSIT for uni. If any of you would be interested in answering a few of these questions I would be very greatful. If you could do it without swearing that would be even better ;).

1. As a fan of the club, how has Venky's ownership left you feeling.

2. Do you feel there is any chance that Venky's could learn from their mistakes and improve matters at the club.

3. Are you behind BRSIT's community based takeover and what chance do you see of it working.

Thanks in advance

Doing a research piece about Venkys ownership and BRSIT for uni. If any of you would be interested in answering a few of these questions I would be very greatful. If you could do it without swearing that would be even better ;).

Heartbroken and helpless. The club is about to drop out of the premier league and is completely ill-equipped to return. They have sold high and bought low, they have removed anyone with any experience in the board room and either failed to replace them or appointed novices and they have done the same in the dugout. They have seen the club fall and fall and have chose to remain silent and do nothing, except continue to dismantle the team.

2. Do you feel there is any chance that Venky's could learn from their mistakes and improve matters at the club.

They could have done. They had the chance to act and they chose to ignore it and continue to do so. I firmly believe there is now nothing Venkys can do to rescue this situation, there is no statement to make or action to take which will reverse the utter contempt and disregard they have shown to our town and its football club.

3. Are you behind BRSIT's community based takeover and what chance do you see of it working.

It is very early in its inception and it still remains very vague. Fan ownership would be a wonderful thing for the football club, could it be achieved, yes! will it work? who knows, the question first is will venkys sell. I personally back it yes because it is the only public alternative to Venkys and given the choice i know which one i would rather have.

Ans. Distraught to an extent that I had never experienced with BRFC. Even during our previous relegation we had a solid foundation in squad, board and owner. Since Venky's sacked Sam Allardyce, I haven't looked at a game in a positive way. The inexperience from manager to players has made me doubt our ability to beat any team in the premier league.

Ans. At this point in time, No. I could understand anyone making mistakes early on but the removal of an experienced manager ans board has gone to prove Venky's either have no idea what they are doing, or have alternative motives for buying the club. It's the clearest case of gross mismanagement I have ever seen.

Ans. I am 100% behind the BRSIT takeover and have already pledged. I would happily invest my own money to help the club. Blackburn Rovers has been a huge part of my life and I would happily invest to bring back the credibility our club once had.

Thanks in advance

Bewildered at the naïvety of the Rao brothers. In particular, for the way in which they raised fans' expectations without, apparently, having the substance to implement those promises.

Totally staggered at their apparent incompetence in dismantling a structure which was tried and tested, rather than importing it into Venky's as a stand-alone division of the company.

And very disappointed that they don't appear to have the honesty to apologise to the fans, who were here before they were and will still be here after they've gone [make it soon! ;) ] for the way things have gone in the opposite direction from the one they led us to believe they were taking This Great Club Of Ours.

A fat one!! ;)

They've had long enough; but show absolutely no indication of wanting to do so.

An admission that, "We bought the club without realising what owing an English Premier League club involved." would be a start.

Oh; and doing what the owners of any professional football club apparently in freefall would do, viz. replace those staff, the inadequacy of whose performance is shown by the Premier League table. Surely any company is judged by results.

Because I'm a pensioner with not enough spare money to commit to the scheme, I've deliberately not read all the details about it.

From what little I know about it, I fear it's a bit idealistic, though and may not be feasible in the long-term for a team wanting to compete at the highest level of English football. Remember the old joke: "Q. How do you become a rich man running a professional football club? A. Start as a very rich man."

Thanks in advance

despondent, defeatist, helpless, apathetic, angry

no - too arrogant, proud, and disinterested

No and none.

1 left me feeling angry, empty, hurt, betrayed, all the promises and none delivered, kept an incompetent manager at the helm, sold our best and most experienced players and replaced them with no-marks

2. very little chance, if they were going to turn things around, they would have done it by now

3. dont think it will work as we need proper experienced people to sort this mess out, its a bit as someone has already said, 'pie in the sky', we need proper leadership when and if venkys decide to do one

Livid, depressed and disappointed. Angry for the way they've stripped the club bare, lied and played us for fools. Depressed as I watch my club tumble out of the league, knowing full well it's all down to their actions. Disappointed as I held the trust in high regard and they've semmingly left us to rot.

It's like asking if I would ever have a pint with the man who abused my sister. There is no road back for them for me, they've shown us nothing but contempt and for that I cannot and will not forgive them.

I just don't see how it can work long term as how can supporters dig financially deep when the club requires it. Will investors be happy stumping up all the money and letting others who don't have a say in the club running? How many chiefs will there be and what experience do they have? It's a lovely idea as a club is nothing without it's fans and they make the club, but it's business these days.

Numb, I feel sick at the thought of going to games, I feel sick at the thought of not getting a season ticket next year so I cant really win

You would have thought so after all they are allegedly acomplished business people but tbh they need to be more hands on and take all the abuse they get over the next few years if they are willing to learn and put things right, maybe then I would have a little more respect for them but I cant see it happening.

TBH I haven't really looked to much at the proposals, reason being I haven't had the time and Ive been avoiding all things Rovers. I have a feeling once my exams out of the way I will be reading a lot into football club ownership as its going to be my dissertation.

Thanks in advance

Archived