BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Book Coming Out In June

Would also be worth getting one to David Conn at the Guardian who was one of the first to question what's going on My link

I e-mailed a prominent local journalist at the start of April a link to my site, a copy of Chapter 1 and asked him to let me know what he thought. I got no reply. I e-mailed him a few days later and asked him if I could speak to him - he sent me a quick e-mail with his work number on it. I rung him quite a few times that day but every time I called he was out or in a meeting. I got a call later that evening but I missed it. I never called back and I didn't receive an e-mail or anything from him. It may have just been one of those things but I decided the next day that unless he contacted me I wouldn't be in a rush to contact him. I wondered if all journalists were as equaly difficult to get hold of. I e-mailed David Conn a link to www.rovertaken.co.uk He sent me his mobile number and was happy to chat to me about the book and what I should do next. We spoke for ten minutes and he was a really down to earth sound guy.

Asked Alan Nixon from The Mirror to have a look on Twitter last night and to tell me what he thought. He had a read of first chapter and tweeted "Good start. When is it out?" Happy with that - he is one of the handful of journalists that doesn't just regurgitate last nights Lancashire Telegraph. Confident the other 17 chapters are just as good so looking good so far. Thanks for your messages of support. That's me signing off for a few weeks now. Need to get my head down and make sure this book is top notch. Keep spreading the word about www.rovertaken.co.uk and follow me on Twitter and Facebook. COYB!!! We are 1/5 to go down at the moment. Here's hoping we can turn it around. We need Wigan, Bolton and QPR to stop pulling bizarre wins out of the bag first!!! And that's before you even mention what we need to do ourselves. Stranger things have happened.

Got the flyer through my door earlier today (livesey area) :tu: ....makes a change from all the menus that get shoved through! :unsure:

Good luck with the book. Will be ordering one & yellow t-shirt.

RTID

I couldn't afford 15,000 messages from David Dunn so I thought I would do it the old fashioned way. Spread the word because there are too many letterboxes in East Lancashire for my budget. Cheers

I'll be ordering the book and possibly a tee shirt

Looks a cracking summer read.

Apologies if this has been mentioned but is it paperback or hardback? - every gram counts on Ryan air!!

Cheers WWWM

Ha,ha! Thank you! Just paperback at the moment. I saw a guy rip the wheels of his hand trolley last time I went Ryan Air because the stewardess said they were going to charge him for it being too big! Once he had ripped the wheels off and turned purple, it fit great! :D

What a refreshing, honest account of things which have gone on. Amazing.

Good luck with the book i'l be looking at buying one myself for our holiday.

Really hope you make a few more people sit up and take notice in the media.

All the best!

What a refreshing, honest account of things which have gone on. Amazing.

Good luck with the book i'l be looking at buying one myself for our holiday.

Really hope you make a few more people sit up and take notice in the media.

All the best!

Thank you! I thought I would get in there first before a career journalist brought out a book about it! Both the book and T-shirt going down really well! Just need to keep spreading the word!

Archived