BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers fans advised to be early............

..... at Chorley's Victory Park tomorrow, 15th September, for the clash between Chorley and high-flying Hednesford.

Once again, Rovers' season ticket holders will be admitted for only £5.00 on production of a current season ticket at the turnstile, so if you are not following Rovers to Bristol tomorrow, you can enjoy top non-league football and a great afternoon out.

Garry Flitcroft's Magpies will be hoping to extend their winning streak with another victory and, hopefully, a few goals from scoring-sensation Darren Stephenson, on-loan striker from Southport who is shaping up to be a star of the future.

Attendances at non-league football matches are on the up as football supporters realise that they can have a great afternoon's entertainment at a fair price, and still support their favourite league club as well!

The social club will be serving real ale and screening 'Football Focus' before the game which kicks off at 3.00pm.

Normal admission prices are Adults - £9.00, Concessions (children and senior citizens) - £5.00. Why not take a break from the 'pressures' of league football and enjoy a day on the terraces once more. Garry and Matt Jansen will be delighted to see you!!

I might head over to this.

I'd would prefer not to stand at one of the 'ends' and I wouldn't want to be in the the away fans. Which stand should I go to?

Is the social club in the ground?

Are there any decent pubs with a good pint of cider nearby?

Get down to The Anchor and give your pennies to Darwen FC. They really do need your money. A gate of 50 to 80 is the norm. If 250 Rovers fans attended once every two or three months they would be over the moon.

Couldn't agree more. It would be great to see Darwen climb the non-league ladder. However, it is up to the club to promote itself and make it worthwhile for the casual spectator to consider an afternoon or evening down at The Anchor. They need to consider special offers for locals, school children and perhaps Rovers supporters. There is no better publicity than word of mouth, and there is no better time to attract new supporters than when you are top of the league!! So Darwen fans, get out there and tell everyone about your fantastic club and what it has to offer new supporters and the community.

The beauty of non-league football is that no effort or initiative is too small to make a difference. Darwen fans, if you want 250 spectators at a home match then get out there and talk to your locals in the streets, in the pubs and, of course, on the internet forums!!

Rovers fans reading this, no better time to do it for your local non-league club than tomorrow night,

Tuesday, September 18th

AFC Darwen V Daisy Hill

7:45pm, unless someone can inform us otherwise

With AFC Darwen currently top of the league and scoring 27 goals in 8 league matches, it should be a feast of goals all the way for Darwen!!!!!!

Perhaps 'Clayton's Left Boot' could advise on admission prices, parking, etc.

Only problem being we play Barnsley tomorrow.....though there are about 7000 ST holders with nothing to do!!!!

WOOOPS!!

I am sorry, I wouldn't have posted if I had realized. However, I think you get the gist of my post, get down to Darwen and give 'em some support WHEN Rovers are away or without a game!!

Let's hope for TWO great victories tomorrow night then, both Rovers and Darwen top of the league at the same time!!!

Won't take Flitcroft Junior long to get home after the match!

Guest Rovers4Good

Couldn't agree more. It would be great to see Darwen climb the non-league ladder. However, it is up to the club to promote itself and make it worthwhile for the casual spectator to consider an afternoon or evening down at The Anchor. They need to consider special offers for locals, school children and perhaps Rovers supporters. There is no better publicity than word of mouth, and there is no better time to attract new supporters than when you are top of the league!! So Darwen fans, get out there and tell everyone about your fantastic club and what it has to offer new supporters and the community.

The beauty of non-league football is that no effort or initiative is too small to make a difference. Darwen fans, if you want 250 spectators at a home match then get out there and talk to your locals in the streets, in the pubs and, of course, on the internet forums!!

Rovers fans reading this, no better time to do it for your local non-league club than tomorrow night,

Tuesday, September 18th

AFC Darwen V Daisy Hill

7:45pm, unless someone can inform us otherwise

With AFC Darwen currently top of the league and scoring 27 goals in 8 league matches, it should be a feast of goals all the way for Darwen!!!!!!

Perhaps 'Clayton's Left Boot' could advise on admission prices, parking, etc.

To be fair bud if the fans turn up the cash won't go to the club it'll go in the owners pocket :(

It's a shame but very true and i hope people turn out but don't get your hopes up that the club will turn a corner.

To be fair bud if the fans turn up the cash won't go to the club it'll go in the owners pocket :(

It's a shame but very true and i hope people turn out but don't get your hopes up that the club will turn a corner.

Quite right too if the contents of the owners pockets have resurrected the club and kept it in existence. Why shouldn't they make a profit from their investment?

Archived