BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scott Dann

Kamy100

After being poor last season, I thought that this year he would comfortablly cope with the demands of the Championship, but from what I have seen this year Dann is a liability in defence. He does not anticpate danger, is often static which allows strikers to get infront of him and tries sucidal passes from defence which put the team in constent danger.

Of course Kean not being able to setup a team properly is factor but is Scott Dann just plainly a bad defender? Discuss.

Scott Dann never won a long ball punted forward by Barnsley all night. The Barnsley forwards chested every one down and laid them off to their midfield. Not good enough.

Yes I know I fell soft and went down last night. It was a moment of weakness. I'm not proud of myself but I couldn't resist. It's like trying to give up smoking. :(

It's probably a combination of not living up to his own hype from a few years ago and playing in a team that offers very little defensive help from midfield or even full-backs.

Actually, it's a combination of a lack of pace, strength, vision, grit, anticipation, concentration, aerial ability and everything.

Cracking goal against Bristol, but the fact remains that he is dog doo.

Actually, it's a combination of a lack of pace, strength, vision, grit, anticipation, concentration, aerial ability and everything.

Cracking goal against Bristol, but the fact remains that he is dog doo.

Just seen the typical Dann mistake that he made against Barnsley, it was unforgivable for a supposable pro footballer to be making this kind of mistakes, under a better manager he would have been dropped- but he will start alongside Givet AGAIN.

Dann is a liability and is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen, I would rather give some of our youth players a chance, because they can't do any worse.

He is supposed to be the 'experienced' defender but he looks as much of a rookie as Hanley, Hanley needs a Nelsen type player alongside him to help him improve.

I wish he'd just **** off. Genuinely the worst centre half I have ever seen play for Rovers on a regular basis; can't pass, he's weak, doesn't defend well in the air (though seems oddly effective at the other end), poor positioning, poor decision making, not very fast.

There are hundreds of players like him littered throughout the English leagues. How he ever made it to the PL I'll never know.

Archived