BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Electronic cigarettes

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Truth is there isn't enough evidence yet to say wether they are healthy yet, that will take time to assess, however cancer uk says they are healthier than smoking cigarettes and Id trust them as an independant voice. I also would say science is likely to be better than in the 50's now too, so I would doubt anything massively wrong would be found now. I too think the 'health issues' may originate from both the tobacco industry and also hardened smokers who don't want to quit.

I too wouldn't want someone smoking these in the office, or in my car, as the vapour does smell.

The vapour smells, but if it's a nice smell, it's like an air freshener :D and from what I can tell with my colleague using his in my car every morning (for the last 4 months), there's no lingering smell.

• 4 weeks later...

God I wish I'd gone into this business at the start. What a scam.... fuelling (not even reducing or curtailing mind) the addiction of addicts and at massive profit .... and best of all perfectly legally and no one can touch you for it! It's the stuff of dreams!

btw After a very short time in business I understand the people who started that place at Griffin have sold up and emigrated to California. Nice.

God I wish I'd gone into this business at the start. What a scam.... fuelling (not even reducing or curtailing mind) the addiction of addicts and at massive profit .... and best of all perfectly legally and no one can touch you for it! It's the stuff of dreams!

btw After a very short time in business I understand the people who started that place at Griffin have sold up and emigrated to California. Nice.

Probably making some money Good for them. I meanwhile have stopped smoking cigarettes and I feel better so I'm happy :)

Bloody Gollum next to me at the Motörhead gig, pulling out his electronic ciggy and blowing febreze over everyone, desperately emitting 'look at me'. Tit, man up and have a fag

But fags are bad pal, don't you know?

Bloody Gollum next to me at the Motörhead gig, pulling out his electronic ciggy and blowing febreze over everyone, desperately emitting 'look at me'. Tit, man up and have a fag

Pity you hadn't done two days pigging out on a diet solely made up of eggs, beer and beans. Then you could have pointed out that it doesn't harm anyone and it's completely natural.

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

Spotted electronic smoking pipes! As a non-smoker, I'd love to see more of those around as they're more discreet than in cigarette form and I've always thought pipes indicated a kind of trustworthiness. And you can point/give directions/greet people with a pipe too :P

Spotted electronic smoking pipes! As a non-smoker, I'd love to see more of those around as they're more discreet than in cigarette form and I've always thought pipes indicated a kind of trustworthiness. And you can point/give directions/greet people with a pipe too :P

I miss the smell of pipe-smoking. You don't get it any more at all and it was a lovely smell. You are right, they indicate trustworthiness and intelligence I think as well.

On the subject of electronic cigs the guy that invented them deserves a knighthood. I have been using one since November and I have now been off cigs for the longest I have managed in nearly 20 years. They are no substitute for a fag but they take the edge off when drinking/stressed.

I have been a slave to the weed for too long. I'm somewhat sceptical, but, am encouraged by some of the posts on this thread.

Are they all the same or is there some better than others?

Nothing manly about having a fag!

Quite the opposite in fact...

• 4 weeks later...

Although I was very dubious about replacing fags with an E.cig, I can confirm that I have been off the fags for 2 weeks now. The product I bought is excellent, and I feel extremely pleased that I made the leap.

Daft thing is, I still go outside (with some pals who smoke), to smoke it!!! Must be habit.

The E.cig I use is from a company called Mirage Cigarettes. They provide excellent service in an era where customer service is IMO generally poor.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, just a bit of a heads up and a shameless plug...

If anyone is going to the Sheff Wednesday vs Rovers match at Hillsborough tomorrow, make sure you pop into one of our e-cig shops 'Mirage Electronic Cigarettes' thats on Leppings Lane and have a look around / try one out / taste some juice / get some advice on e-cigs before the match...

The shop is around 50 yards down Leppings Lane from the away fan's entrance - you can't miss it.

I'm a Rovers fan exiled in Sheffield and the manager too, so mention to Lurchio behind the counter that you heard about us on BRFCS.COM and he'll give you a tasty 10% off.

See you at the game! We can do it! (I think)

All the best,

Elliott from Mirage

• 1 month later...

I quit smoking cold turkey about 10 years ago, every few years I usually have a little relapse(usually just a pack or 2 before stopping again),

I've just started using a PV instead of going back to fags though, my only worry is PV's(aka e-cigarettes) seem to good to be true(all the good parts of smoking, very few of the negatives), I only use a low-ish strength(11mg) liquid and only a few drags every few hours.

I'm using an ego-c slim bought from totally wicked(very good offers on their web page that change hourly)

Archived