SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Special Report: Racism in Football - Sky Sports News investigates

folkdevil

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Millwall maybe shocked and appalled, but their fans have a well earned reputation for being racist, obnoxious, loutish oxygen thieves and no amount of "re-education" will solve that.

The only solution to Millwall is to nuke it.

"The society of black lawyers??"

Oh the irony!...... :angry2:

Exactly..... the entire country should be taking the p1ss out of the precious feckers big time if it hadn't been so deeply ingrained in our collective psyche as a taboo subject.

Sorry... that should read collective -1. :tu:

There is a massive difference between forming an association to ensure the rights of an under represented and historically oppressed minority are upheld and what the likes of the BNP have done.

Some real closed minded people on here, not surprising mind.

what a load of baloney!

if i needed a lawyer to represent me i wouldn't care what colour he was, just the same as if they were a doctor,dentist or a member of any other profession!

What "closed minded people" need to get into their heads is the fact that racism is in the MINORITY in Britain and NOT the majority.There is absolutely no reason to have a "society of black lawyers",or any other similarly named group.

Can you imagine if a group of right-wing numpties called themselves the "The society of white English natives" because they felt immigration was too high and that they felt their views were under represented?

They would be lambasted and ridiculed and rightly so.

Guest Norbert

Is there a 'Society of Middle class, white policemen' or something similar? On a similar note, these 'Black Lawyer Association' groups concentrate on differences between people, divide society between us and them and so on. This is what the extremists and fanatics want.

what a load of baloney!

if i needed a lawyer to represent me i wouldn't care what colour he was, just the same as if they were a doctor,dentist or a member of any other profession!

What "closed minded people" need to get into their heads is the fact that racism is in the MINORITY in Britain and NOT the majority.There is absolutely no reason to have a "society of black lawyers",or any other similarly named group.

Can you imagine if a group of right-wing numpties called themselves the "The society of white English natives" because they felt immigration was too high and that they felt their views were under represented?

I think they call themselves the BNP

I don't recall anything being said at the time about Richards being abused - not that is surprises me. I'd be more surprised if a report came out saying 99% of fans not guilty of racist chanting and/or remarks.

You'd like to think it didn't happen in this day and age but it does, at most grounds if not all too. Nowhere near as prevalent as it was in the 80's and 90's but still a numb, intellectually challenged, blinkered minority of people out there I'm afraid.

• Backroom

There is a massive difference between forming an association to ensure the rights of an under represented and historically oppressed minority are upheld and what the likes of the BNP have done.

Positive racism is just as divisive as the 'usual' racism. If anything it just discriminates against more people.

If you can't accept that 'positive discrimination' is in itself discriminatory then we have a problem.

You'd like to think it didn't happen in this day and age but it does, at most grounds if not all too. Nowhere near as prevalent as it was in the 80's and 90's but still a numb, intellectually challenged, blinkered minority of people out there I'm afraid.

It's not racism, it's ignorance.

The terms 'racist' and 'racism' are bandied about all to frequently by equally ignorant people.

No doubt you are suffereing a significant guilt complex caused by living a life of milk and honey in a country that was stolen from the native aborigines but have you ever considered that you could quite easily be describing the BNP itself? B)

If you want to be absolved why don't you persuade everybody to pack their bags and leave? I'm sure you'll go to heaven if you did.

Just my opinion but people who can't cut it here and have @#/? off and emigrated cant help sticking their noses into our business. They are worse than ex-smokers.

They've done it in Australia and it seems everybody is just fine with it........

http://www.humanrights.gov.au/social_justice/repbody/index.html

I suggest the BNP change their name to "NATIONAL CONGRESS OF BRITAINS FIRST PEOPLES" and then everybody will be happy and supportive of them. :tu:

Well maybe if we could actually identify who are the 'original' Britons - we are such a mongrel race with all manner of mixed DNA from millennia of migration, who exactly would qualify to join?

Thing with this Black Lawyers society - I've only ever heard of it via the self aggrandising Peter Herbert, seems to be more about promoting him and his agenda's than it does advancing the cause of Black people in the legal profession.

Well maybe if we could actually identify who are the 'original' Britons - we are such a mongrel race with all manner of mixed DNA from millennia of migration, who exactly would qualify to join?

Thing with this Black Lawyers society - I've only ever heard of it via the self aggrandising Peter Herbert, seems to be more about promoting him and his agenda's than it does advancing the cause of Black people in the legal profession.

Gingers! Who else?

^_^

And we are nowhere near as mongrel as the new Australians. Just as a matter of interest can one have 'feral mongrels'?

Theno's favourite cause has resurfaced.

Watch animal feed man go for it.

:wstu:

You might have waited till I'd baited the hook.

Archived