BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Player Investment funds - should they be allowed?

After reading this article from another thread; http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-07/italian-aristocrat-s-fund-sues-after-soccer-investment-flops.html and one last week I saw on here about Ray Ranson's investment company it got me thinking about this practice. Should it be allowed? Is it good for football? Or is it exploitation?

I reckon that is should be banned. I think fans get short changed. It reads that if club can't afford a player, they go to one of these funds, request the cash, the fund gives it to them but says that they get all/some/% of the sell on fee when the player turns to gold. What happens if the player never wants to leave? WIll he be forced to so some millionaires can make more money? If the player fails to develop accordingly, will he have to stay for the life of his contract, possibly playing to satisfy the fund?

It all tells me that football is full of dodgy deals and chancers focused solely on making fast money.

With these investment funds in place, surely the call has to go out that, with every players stats, it should include the agents, and the agencies that the players are attached to, along with the coaches and managers just to give the fans the full picture.

It would only be fair for all supporters that the FA should enforce this.

Guest Norbert

So certain players may have been brought in with links to these 'Investment funds'? They're just another way for unscrupulous middle aged men to exploit and manipulate the talents of gifted, sometimes greedy and naive young men and make money by pimping them out.

They should be banned, the authorities should take a hard line on this sort of thing, but won't.

What a fantastic move it was for Kentaro to snap Jonathan Hill (mentioned in the article ) up the former FA Commercial Director, bet that appointment has paid for itself many times over plus imagine the contacts he has within the FA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1211810/Charles-Sale-FA-count-cost-Jonathan-Hills-untimely-exit.html

http://www.kentarogroup.com/uploads/media/Press_Release_Jonathan_Hill_Kentaro.pdf

Illegal in this country but perfectly legal in others, its a strange business and a murky world if the people involved also have a financial interest the club the players go on to sign for...

If it could be properly regulated, I dont particularly have a problem, but its almost impossible to regulate across different football associations, and multiple huge groups of companies. As an example, try to work out how many different companies make up the Kentaro group and where they are all based. Reminds me in some ways of Enron.

What a fantastic move it was for Kentaro to snap Jonathan Hill (mentioned in the article ) up the former FA Commercial Director, bet that appointment has paid for itself many times over plus imagine the contacts he has within the FA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1211810/Charles-Sale-FA-count-cost-Jonathan-Hills-untimely-exit.html

http://www.kentarogroup.com/uploads/media/Press_Release_Jonathan_Hill_Kentaro.pdf

Bloody amazing how the FA couldn't bring themselves to investigate Rovers isn't it?

Should the BRAG sponsored dossier ever come to the public domain in a manner that forces things to be acted upon.

No doubt in my mind that any Kean will stick on BRFC and not on individuals, BRFC will suffer, venkys will leave well alone and BRFC will sink lower aided by fines and points deductions. Eventually BRFC will go out with a whimper ...BYE!

Bummer really .... hopefully an organisation will be there with local support to pick up or resurrect a professional football club in Blackburn.

Given the extent to which fans of Rovers are now privy to decision making within the so-called governing bodies of football, I would say the football authorities will now find it all but impossible to levy any sort of penalties on Rovers without facing a legal counter claim against their own gross mismanagement.

The penalty on Rovers is the Venky's and the crypto-Venky's have destroyed Rovers as anything remotely resembling a going concern even within the flexible definitions used within football.

Certainly the demise of Rovers if handled correctly could also bring about the demise of the FA.

Given the extent to which fans of Rovers are now privy to decision making within the so-called governing bodies of football, I would say the football authorities will now find it all but impossible to levy any sort of penalties on Rovers without facing a legal counter claim against their own gross mismanagement.

The penalty on Rovers is the Venky's and the crypto-Venky's have destroyed Rovers as anything remotely resembling a going concern even within the flexible definitions used within football.

Certainly the demise of Rovers if handled correctly could also bring about the demise of the FA.

Who has the balls and or the resources to play the game with the FA, hardly likely to get legal aid

Guest Norbert

Whilst I don't doubt there is probably dodgy goings on with our club, and the FA et al can be accused of sheer wilful negligence, we all know that they and the 'dark forces' will probably get away with it all more or less, and the big Super Soccer chicken gravy Maglev will whizz onwards to new levels of hype and detatchment from reality.

I'd love all the shifty stuff to lead to prosecutions, resignations and disgrace but I don't think it ever will unless a team like Man Utd suddenly implode like we have.

The authorities are basically saying to the fans, do the dirty work and give us factual evidence, otherwise we'll ignore it.

Thats negligent in itself.

But who do you complain to? FIFA are the most corrupt organisation going, and apart from a couple of local MPs, no one else is pressing our claims as fans.

The only thing that will change things, is if fans dont pay or watch anymore, or the fans find well hidden evidence.

It says everything to me that the authorities are most concerned with financial fair play, effectively guaranteeing the positions of the biggest clubs, rather than looking at the rules on who owns the clubs.

Archived