BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Question about Bournemouth Away

Hello,

I am traveling from NYC for the Bournemouth Away fixture. I've got a mate sorting tickets out and I have train travel booked but I have a question about the away section. I have a 6 ft by 10 ft New York Rovers flag that I want to bring to the match but I don't know who to contact either at Bournemouth or at Rovers about making sure it is allowed in. It would be a shame to bring it all the way over just to have it confiscated. Does anyone have any experience bringing in flags of similar size? Who should I talk to about making sure that i'll be allowed inside with it?

Thanks for your help,

Jay

New York Rovers

Hello,

I am traveling from NYC for the Bournemouth Away fixture. I've got a mate sorting tickets out and I have train travel booked but I have a question about the away section. I have a 6 ft by 10 ft New York Rovers flag that I want to bring to the match but I don't know who to contact either at Bournemouth or at Rovers about making sure it is allowed in. It would be a shame to bring it all the way over just to have it confiscated. Does anyone have any experience bringing in flags of similar size? Who should I talk to about making sure that i'll be allowed inside with it?

Thanks for your help,

Jay

New York Rovers

Not sure if you have tried these:

t: 0844 576 1910

f: 01202 726373

e: enquiries@afcb.co.uk

w:www.afcb.co.uk

Twitter: @afcbournemouth

Facebook: AFC Bournemouth

By the way is there still a sports bar in New York with Rovers pictures on the wall?

Not sure if you have tried these:

t: 0844 576 1910

f: 01202 726373

e: enquiries@afcb.co.uk

w:www.afcb.co.uk

Twitter: @afcbournemouth

Facebook: AFC Bournemouth

By the way is there still a sports bar in New York with Rovers pictures on the wall?

Our Home bar has a few Rovers scarves and Jerseys hanging up but they are in the midst of a bunch of memorabilia from other clubs as well. There are quite a few supporters clubs that call Legends home though, and for the most part we all get along.

and thank you I have emailed Bournemouth, and I'm waiting for a reply.

Yes, most grounds allow them as long as there is room. I'm not sure what they layout of Bournemouth is, but i'm sure they'd be able to sort something.

On a side note, NYC Rovers old and slightly smaller flag has been sent over and will be displayed behind the Darwen End goal this season. Hope to see the new one at Ewood too, as you will definately get it in there :)

I had a trip to the Legends bar in October 2011 for the Rovers v Norwich game and met a couple of the guys there who were more than welcoming. It was more than surreal watching Rovers at first 9am, but secondly in the shadow of the Empire State Building!

Enjoy your trip over fella!

I had a trip to the Legends bar in October 2011 for the Rovers v Norwich game and met a couple of the guys there who were more than welcoming. It was more than surreal watching Rovers at first 9am, but secondly in the shadow of the Empire State Building!

Enjoy your trip over fella!

Yeah sorry I missed you that day, work called and all, next time your in NYC i owe you a pint... if I remember correctly that was your honeymoon!

Yeah sorry I missed you that day, work called and all, next time your in NYC i owe you a pint... if I remember correctly that was your honeymoon!

You would be correct Cali! You'll be pleased to know I'm now in the process of being a single man again - must be dragging the poor girl to a pub to watch Rovers on the honeymoon ha ha!

If you're ever oop-norf give me a shout and ill buy YOU a beer!

Archived