BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

I'd suggest that the thought process was to increase passing trade in the town by making commuters was past... err... Primark? :wacko:

I guess the are trying to make stopping off in Blackburn (on the train) more attractive. A bus station immediately outside the station does give the impression of 'don't bother stopping here'. A lot of money has been spent on the Mall let's at least make people see it.

Saying that, this last couple of years, the offerings in town have diminished somewhat. If you want to compete with internet shopping you have to make getting of your arse an enjoyable experience. It's a lot cleaner but unless you want a mobile phone or to try on clothes there isn't a lot on offer.

And this is why I'm off to traff centre in an hour ...bigger shops with more choice , restaurants , free parking and a better clientele .

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trafford centre....what a godforsaken place that is!! I've been four times, hopefully never again! The only reason I'd go would be for Legoland!

not so much a rant but an observation....why do most restaurants only offer pineapple OR egg with gammon, then when you ask for both they say it isn't possible? I dont get it!

not so much a rant but an observation....why do most restaurants only offer pineapple OR egg with gammon, then when you ask for both they say it isn't possible? I dont get it!

:lol:

My rant today...

Dog turds

Since the publicity about fines for people who don't clear up their mutt's mess, it seems to be getting worse.

Never fully understood the need to move the bus station from boulevard to the market block, so they can build restaurants etc. Why not just build them on the market block (nearer the new market, mall and town centre for a start) and leave the transport links as they were (ie: ideal)?

Agree but what they have done is create a huge space which if kept like that then this could have huge potential for the town centre providing the council dont put buildings onto the cleared site.

If the present day council had a vision then they would understand the need to create space as space in this country is seen as attracting wealth returning the land to what it once was before the industrial revolution and kick the unemployment/jobs centre out of town.

Agree but what they have done is create a huge space which if kept like that then this could have huge potential for the town centre providing the council dont put buildings onto the cleared site.

If the present day council had a vision then they would understand the need to create space as space in this country is seen as attracting wealth returning the land to what it once was before the industrial revolution and kick the unemployment/jobs centre out of town.

Which space are you referring to JAL? They are building a hotel on the boulevard and a new (apparently glass housed) bus station where the old market was.

I'd suggest that the thought process was to increase passing trade in the town by making commuters was past... err... Primark? :wacko:

I guess the are trying to make stopping off in Blackburn (on the train) more attractive. A bus station immediately outside the station does give the impression of 'don't bother stopping here'. A lot of money has been spent on the Mall let's at least make people see it.

Saying that, this last couple of years, the offerings in town have diminished somewhat. If you want to compete with internet shopping you have to make getting of your arse an enjoyable experience. It's a lot cleaner but unless you want a mobile phone or to try on clothes there isn't a lot on offer.

Best way to get people to use the Mall is to stop charging for car parking. I will not pay to park to shop in Blackburn particularly on streets that I have helped pay to build.

Just seen TJ quote .. How hard is to put me on ignore Ffs ... If you pm someone with half a brain cell in sure they show you how.

Or get this just don't respond to my posts... Told you before you ain't my type!!

Yep sure, ive no doubt that its just the animals welfare you both have issues with:-/

What else would be the case? No one needs to rely on unecessary barbarity and savagery as the only stick to beat Mohammedans with when there are plenty of even bigger ones to hand.

Its besides the point that I was not to subtly hinting at, but personally im more concrrnedband disgusted by the treatment and conditions all animals have to live eith before they are killed.

Could you expand on that comment tj?

Best way to get people to use the Mall is to stop charging for car parking. I will not pay to park to shop in Blackburn particularly on streets that I have helped pay to build.

The council hide behind The Mall being a private company who charge. The Mall don't care about Blackburn, The Mall care about The Mall.

People who hang bags of turd in trees along the cut .. WHY

Having made the effort to clean up their Dogs mess, instead of finishing off the job and disposing of the bag in an appropriate bin the Lazy Keans throw it into the undergrowth/over the Hedge. They would be better off not bother bagging it in the first place.

Which space are you referring to JAL? They are building a hotel on the boulevard and a new (apparently glass housed) bus station where the old market was.

The space where the old market was. Fine if they build the new station near to the gala bingo hall.

As for town centre parking Al,

Come into Blackburn on saturdays and use, for free, the new car park between Waves and Blackburn College.

Sundays all street parking is free around the town centre and after three in the afternoons during the week parking is free in select car parks in and around town.

.............and dont worry about the Mall as its taking lots of money.

There you go no excuses now Al.

I don't feel paying to park is to much to ask, maybe its just my generation but having to pay to park(especially on a town or city centre car park) is just normal in most busy places.

the only place that I never pay to park is Morrison's(even though you can claim the money back at the checkout till) I just rarely have change in my pocket to put in the meter.

As for town centre parking Al,

Come into Blackburn on saturdays and use, for free, the new car park between Waves and Blackburn College.

Sundays all street parking is free around the town centre and after three in the afternoons during the week parking is free in select car parks in and around town.

.............and dont worry about the Mall as its taking lots of money.

There you go no excuses now Al.

I don't feel paying to park is to much to ask, maybe its just my generation but having to pay to park(especially on a town or city centre car park) is just normal in most busy places.

the only place that I never pay to park is Morrison's(even though you can claim the money back at the checkout till) I just rarely have change in my pocket to put in the meter.

There are plenty of places to shop where you do not have to pay (Accrington for instance). I will not pay. If you have to pay I go elsewhere. They can do without my custom I know, but I will not pay to park on roads after I have paid my road fund tax on principle.

Big of Blackburn to let me park free when and where it is convenient to them.

this is one issue which I follow

http://www.bhwt.org.uk/cms/

http://luckyhensrescuenorthwest.weebly.com/about-us--donations.html ive had a few from them and theyre now very healthy and still laying great after a year of freedom.

To be fair the big supermarkets give you the choice of paying a little more for free range eggs, which I always choose. I must admit that it does bother me how "free", free range means. However I do my best.

I think a very large portion of consumers do try the best to buy products that are more humanely produced, but still there's also an awful lot of people that are either completely oblivious to these issues or others that simply couldn't care less and will just grab whichevers cheapest(even if the difference is only pennys!) I think there should be less choice and all animal products should meet the same high ethical standards or they shouldn't be sold, also produce like eggs that are readily available all over this country should never be imported from overseas.

and also as you say "free range" in many cases still doesn't mean the chickens are in ideal conditions(just slightly less bad)

Archived