BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mobile phones in public trains - particularly trains and buses. A device that could instantly block phones near you would be a surefire winner.

Amen to that. It's usually someone with a loud voice who likes to pretend that he is a pillar of industry who's company will collapse if he is not available on the phone. They drive you nuts.

I get it from Holy smoke in Larnaca. A great place to buy your liquid. €5 for 15mls all flavours. Buy 3 get1 free too. Works out at €2.50 per ten ml. Even with the postage it may be worth putting in an order.

here's the link: http://www.holysmoke.com.cy/

Thanks for that - I'm always on the hunt for new flavours!

I don't mind vapers as much as I do smokers

Me neither just so long as like smokers they aren't allowed to try it on indoors!

I must say why some people cannot live without 'adult dummy tits' is pathetic. And I'm not having it when people say they 'enjoy' vaping. It's effectively a weakness, an addiction fuelled habit which simply satiates a craving for a short time.

Thanks for that - I'm always on the hunt for new flavours!

Nice flavours should be banned too!

If the only flavours allowed by law were dog sh1t / burning rubber / dandelion sap / putrifying placental matter etc it would surely help people fight their addiction and wean people off the habit much quicker. :tu:

• Backroom

Otto, I support whatever I feel is best for the country. I thought the pie tax was a decent idea tbh AS A BRIEF tax. But we all know that whatever arsehole Govt happened to be in power would just make it permanent to annoy the little men (us lot).

I support the idea of briefly taxing things for a period to allow this degicit to be further reduced. To do that effectively imo, you'd have to tax things like fags, e-cigs, booze, junk food but keep (at a much lower level) taxes on healthy stuff.

• Backroom

Amen to that. It's usually someone with a loud voice who likes to pretend that he is a pillar of industry who's company will collapse if he is not available on the phone. They drive you nuts.

I always seem to be next to one when I get the train down to London

Important business call at 7am that goes on for ages usually involving office gossip as well

Mobile phones in public trains - particularly trains and buses. A device that could instantly block phones near you would be a surefire winner.

The thing is, if you are travelling 2nd class (ie public transport) you should expect to have to put up with fellow man's bad habits. Before mobile phones there was smoking, before that spitting - take your pick!

Been wanting to put this on for a while, not sure how to phrase it, here goes.

People who pronounce words phonetically, at odds with just about everyone else.

Saying 'Worry' like sorry instead of 'wurry'

Saying 'Wondering' like wandering instead of 'wundering'

David Pleat on 5live is the worst offender (hope that made sense)

Guest Norbert

Been wanting to put this on for a while, not sure how to phrase it, here goes.

People who pronounce words phonetically, at odds with just about everyone else.

Saying 'Worry' like sorry instead of 'wurry'

Saying 'Wondering' like wandering instead of 'wundering'

David Pleat on 5live is the worst offender (hope that made sense)

I know what you mean, but I disagree with the second one. Surely it is pronounced with a soft O like wandering (as in I was wandering aimlessly round Tesco). Or do we all have to adopt David Lloyd's accent if we meet you?

Anyway, I nominate Coventry drivers. I think you get a driving license in a raffle round here. If you get two numbers, the follow up prize is a taxi license.

People (usually women) who wear their pyjamas outdoors. You look like a right lazy 'Benefits Street' type going to the shop like that.

Onsies, especially for men. It's drifting towards that weird fetish when men dress up and act like babies (like that episode of CSI).

I know what you mean, but I disagree with the second one. Surely it is pronounced with a soft O like wandering (as in I was wandering aimlessly round Tesco). Or do we all have to adopt David Lloyd's accent if we meet you?

?

Wondering, phonetically:

I was 'wandering' when you would get here.

I was 'wundering' when you would get here.

Surely it's the second one? David Lloyd or no.

Guest Norbert

So you can't stand people's voices when they pronounce a word with an O in it, with an O. People with no real accent for example. I'd need to hear an example to really understand where you are coming from.

The thing is, if you are travelling 2nd class (ie public transport) you should expect to have to put up with fellow man's bad habits. Before mobile phones there was smoking, before that spitting - take your pick!

When I was working, I used to often be on that early morning train from Manchester to London (see Tom's post) and I used to travel first class (on expenses). I nearly always got the pillar of industry next to me but mostly I travelled with my MD who was less restrained than me. Several times he threatened to insert the guy's phone where the sun don't shine.

At its best, train travel is the most civilised form of transport. Conversing with one's fellow man on a journey is one of its many benefits.

Followed some @#/? kid through Barrowford tonight in a small car with big speakers full on and the windows down! Why tf do such numpty's not keep the windows up and just deafen themselves? Who do they think everyone shares their taste in music. They need to be prosecuted for noise pollution at every opportunity.

Archived