BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the Queen comes to Blackburn just hope they show her the dilapidated state of the magnificent Royal Infirmary building.

The town of Blackburn needs this building rejuvenating especially when there is so much floor space to be utilised in a country of which we are told there is a shortage of floor space.

Sad to see all the windows smashed in on the royal infirmary and no progress being made on its refurbishment, yet, a sign on the main road saying 'ROYALS' ....................shame on David Wilson homes and Blackburn council for this.

Sad to see all the windows smashed in on the royal infirmary and no progress being made on its refurbishment, yet, a sign on the main road saying 'ROYALS' ....................shame on David Wilson homes and Blackburn council for this.

Did B'burn council and David Wilson Homes smash all the windows, or was it, let me see mmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11044053.Groundbreaking___4_8m_care_home_facility_to_be_built_on_eyesore_Blackburn_Infirmary_site/

i'm content with these plans, But obviously the building should have never been allowed get into such a state, although saying that it was generally an ugly building inside and out before it shut for business, apart from a few nice features inside, which seem as though they are going to be incorporated into the new building in some way.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11044053.Groundbreaking___4_8m_care_home_facility_to_be_built_on_eyesore_Blackburn_Infirmary_site/

i'm content with these plans, But obviously the building should have never been allowed get into such a state, although saying that it was generally an ugly building inside and out before it shut for business, apart from a few nice features inside, which seem as though they are going to be incorporated into the new building in some way.

Its a shocking plan damming of Blackburn should never be allowed to happen, the towns no future if you and this council think that this is the acceptable way forward.

Thanks Stuart.

Blackburn Council want to destroy this beautiful Victorian architecture and their leader wants to be a MP we've no hope.

Blackburn council together destroying Blackburn's heritage.

Did you say that when jack walker tore down the old stands and built whats there now?

Do you live in the infirmary area? How does this change effect you?

P.s. My ears whete burning last night, dont know why!

The stands at Ewood had no architectural features except for the boardroom that was saved I believe. Good old Jack and his team.

Yes, I was brought up close to the infirmary area and the change effects all past and present as it creates a blot on the landscape whilst dancing on the graves of all those people who put their heart and soul into making the Royal Infirmary such a magnificent solid structure for the people of the area to use.

Look at it ! theres nothing wrong in the buildings appearance except a lot of hard work is required to get it through the next hundred years.

For me Its totally unacceptable to allow the building to get into this state and then declare that because there is no desire to work hard and renovate it, have it pulled down.

I live literally around the corner from it and will be glad when its gone now, also I come from a family full of nurses many of which worked there for decades and where relived to get out of there when they shut up shop as the building was such a cold miserable place that was no longer fit for purpose.

I live literally around the corner from it and will be glad when its gone now, also I come from a family full of nurses many of which worked there for decades and where relived to get out of there when they shut up shop as the building was such a cold miserable place that was no longer fit for purpose.

Sorry cant buy into that T.J.as I always came out of there feeling a million times better than when I went in.

• Moderation Lead

Sorry cant buy into that T.J.as I always came out of there feeling a million miles better than when I went in.

Most people do when they come out of a hospital ;-)

The stands at Ewood had no architectural features except for the boardroom that was saved I believe. Good old Jack and his team.

Yes, I was brought up close to the infirmary area and the change effects all past and present as it creates a blot on the landscape whilst dancing on the graves of all those people who put their heart and soul into making the Royal Infirmary such a magnificent solid structure for the people of the area to use.

Look at it ! theres nothing wrong in the buildings appearance except a lot of hard work is required to get it through the next hundred years.

For me Its totally unacceptable to allow the building to get into this state and then declare that because there is no desire to work hard and renovate it, have it pulled down.

The old market hall and Thwaites's Arcade were better, who sanctioned that brainwave?

• Backroom

Never fully understood the need to move the bus station from boulevard to the market block, so they can build restaurants etc. Why not just build them on the market block (nearer the new market, mall and town centre for a start) and leave the transport links as they were (ie: ideal)?

I'd suggest that the thought process was to increase passing trade in the town by making commuters was past... err... Primark? :wacko:

I guess the are trying to make stopping off in Blackburn (on the train) more attractive. A bus station immediately outside the station does give the impression of 'don't bother stopping here'. A lot of money has been spent on the Mall let's at least make people see it.

Saying that, this last couple of years, the offerings in town have diminished somewhat. If you want to compete with internet shopping you have to make getting of your arse an enjoyable experience. It's a lot cleaner but unless you want a mobile phone or to try on clothes there isn't a lot on offer.

Archived