BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who leave the trollies at asda all over the bloody car park or just shunt them in the allotted area in any state rather than stacking them correctly.

Oh, and on the subject of asda, I went to the toilet there between xmas and new year and narrowly missed standing in something that some disgraceful pond life had just curled out.

• Backroom

People who leave the trollies at asda all over the bloody car park or just shunt them in the allotted area in any state rather than stacking them correctly.

Oh, and on the subject of asda, I went to the toilet there between xmas and new year and narrowly missed standing in something that some disgraceful pond life had just curled out.

You really CAN get anything at Walmart....

• Backroom

Afraid that I wont go to Blackburn's Asda. It's like a joint annual day out for the cast of shameless and Benidorm.

Rem it is owned by Walmart.

I'm not keen either, plus the own way system annoys me

It's further away but we always go to the Clayton Green one, much better I think

Not too intellectual!:-)  Just don't ever find anything on it that interests me.  I don't listen to 5 live either or to any of the magazine type stations.  Radio Lancs is aimed at the over 50s who stay at home and have certain interests.  I don't stay at home and the only time I listen to the radio is when I'm driving when i need something to keep me awake, not send me to sleep. The only time i listen to Lancs nowadays is to see if the weather is too bad for me to go to work, and even then I always hope it isn't.

I'm really surprised to read you pigeon-holing and commenting dismissively about people who you seem to perceive as in some way boring. It seems completely out of character.

I listen to Radio Lancs for about 30 minutes between 7.00am and 8.00am on my way to work and then switch to R4. Lancs is OK and dies a reasonable job though I couldn't listen all day. I really can't stand Five Live - it should be renamed Radio Daily Mail. Given the chance and come the revolution if out Nicky Campbell against the wall first!!! To my mind R5 is very poor but I can see its successful and clearly caters for a huge audience.

Guest Norbert

Local commercial radio is far worse I should imagine. I have to listen to the same 6 songs for 8 hours because work plays Brum based Capital FM, Just thinking about it has put Katy Perry songs into my head.

• Backroom

Tbf, anyone putting Katy Perry in your head deserves a pat on the back :P

Find it hard to listen to most stations now tbh. Only Radio 2, 4 and Smooth are bearable. Even Rock FM has gone all pop.

I'm really surprised to read you pigeon-holing and commenting dismissively about people who you seem to perceive as in some way boring. It seems completely out of character.

I listen to Radio Lancs for about 30 minutes between 7.00am and 8.00am on my way to work and then switch to R4. Lancs is OK and dies a reasonable job though I couldn't listen all day. I really can't stand Five Live - it should be renamed Radio Daily Mail. Given the chance and come the revolution if out Nicky Campbell against the wall first!!! To my mind R5 is very poor but I can see its successful and clearly caters for a huge audience.

Not suggesting that anyone is boring. Just that Radio Lancs itself says that is its main target audience, and whilst i fit the profile in many ways,(age particularly) I don't see myself as a typical target listener. It fills a gap for those who want it, as do most stations, but it just doesn't entertain me at all. I find it boring myself, but some people must like it or they wouldn't continue to broadcast the things they do. I'm not really a radio fan of any station. 5 live sport if it's a match commentary or something like that, but most of the rest gets turned off very quickly unless I'm travelling a long distance by myself, when I tend to keep some form of talk radio on for company.

On the odd time I've encountered it, Radio Lancs seems very naff and patronising. You've got the presenter talking in a patronising, mushy voice at about 20 words a minute, and pieces on the most ridiculous tosh imaginable. I listened with increasingly incredulity the other week as a boring piece of quasi-news involving chorleys christmas tree being too small was dragged out into a 20-minute piece, that mainly consisted of constantly repeating the same 4 interviews with barely interested members of the public.

Radio Lancs target audience is old folks homes imo. It's dreadful.

As I said earlier they say themselves that their target audience is 50+ and generally retired people. Whilst I'm 50+ quite a bit I don't yet have the mindset of the typical radio lances target audience, largely, I think because I work with large numbers of young people and you can't let yourself be old.

And who would that be? Not me. I just don' like it - nothing to do with cool or whatever. I don't like it in the same way I don't like eating cheese or lamb or any one of a hundred other things. I don't like watching tv programmes such as I'm a Celebrity, strictly come dancing, or any one of a thousand other things. It's not about cool - it's about personal taste and I've yet to find anything to my taste on Lancs, that's all.

I've just seen a family of animals from South Yorkskire that have kept a 34yr old lad with learning difficulties as a 'slave'.

They've been caught on camera beating the poor lad and thankfully have all been jailed.

What's the world coming to, absolute scumbags.

http://m.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/video-sheffield-slave-s-brutal-beatings-cctv-1-6356841

Archived