BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

• Backroom

Cameron & Clegg are drowning , you can only save one .....

Which pub would you go to?

Well in Darwen there's only the Park Inn, Swan and Bridgewater worth going to and I can't stand those most of the time :/

Btw, re: my earlier post about the 'Transdev Starship' bus, I will add patronising attempts at humour on buses:

ss257r.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in Darwen there's only the Park Inn, Swan and Bridgewater worth going to and I can't stand those most of the time :/

Btw, re: my earlier post about the 'Transdev Starship' bus, I will add patronising attempts at humour on buses:

ss257r.jpg

I bet some marketing comnpany or marketing department at trandev got paid 10s of thousands to come up with those ideas, fruggin pathetic, a primary school kid could genuinely do better than that.

Guest Norbert

I think there's a lot more than that wrong with the world today...

Stupid people who post their life facebook (or should that be bragbook/smugbook). Putting vague status's up to encourage people to ask 'you ok?'......Wishing their other half happy birthday/anniversairy - Do you not live with them or speak to them????...Taking 'selfies' ...Isn't there someone that can take a photo for you, you vain individual......Saying how wonderful their kids/friends/parents/dog/cat/hamster is..Just bloody well tell them.

I'm sure there's more ...

Yes, yes, yes and yes. I use it to keep in touch with relatives abroad and friends from Bedford. However, I have had to delete some insipid dolts who I used to work with, as my page was clogged up with them typing bollards like 'It's raining', 'I'm wearing odd socks. Lol' and so on. As for 'selfies', yes it is vanity. All those pictures people take of themselves at wembley or whatever do not make sense. When I went to the rugby league a month ago, if I had a camera, I'd be taking pictures of the pitch, the stadium etc. That would be far more interesting than loads of my effing face.The people on my facebook know what I look like anyway.

• Backroom

I bet some marketing comnpany or marketing department at trandev got paid 10s of thousands to come up with those ideas, fruggin pathetic, a primary school kid could genuinely do better than that.

I don't see anything wrong with it

• Backroom

No I find it ridiculous the amounts these firms get paid but in this case I don't see anything wrong with the slogans themselves other than being cheesy

ss257r.jpg

Number 39 bar!! The Crown by Sainsbury's is alright too.

About a month my GP puts me on a new course of anti-biotics. He says " Come and see me in a month's time, let me know how you're going on ".

A month has gone by so this morning I start phoning for an appointment at 8.30 sharp. I phone constantly but can't get through. At 9.20 I finally get through to the receptionist - I say " Can I have an appointment to see Dr Bloggs some time today please ". She says " I'm very sorry but all todays slots are taken ". I say OK, whilst I'm on the phone can I make one for tomorrow ? " She replies " I'm very sorry but you'll need to phone tomorrow to get an appointment tomorrow " ! What the ferck is this all about ? Any GP's or people working in a surgery like to give me the rationale for this " Kafkaesque " bullshit ?

I told her " Ok, what time do you open tomorrow morning ? I'll come around personally at opening time and make my appointment in person ! " And then I'll go to work.

You are lucky to not be given an appointment two weeks from now. Seems like surgeries have their own rules.

Couldn't you have asked for an emergency appointment? They tend to have loads of these set aside - which is why they are always booked up!

About a month my GP puts me on a new course of anti-biotics. He says " Come and see me in a month's time, let me know how you're going on ".

A month has gone by so this morning I start phoning for an appointment at 8.30 sharp. I phone constantly but can't get through. At 9.20 I finally get through to the receptionist - I say " Can I have an appointment to see Dr Bloggs some time today please ". She says " I'm very sorry but all todays slots are taken ". I say OK, whilst I'm on the phone can I make one for tomorrow ? " She replies " I'm very sorry but you'll need to phone tomorrow to get an appointment tomorrow " ! What the ferck is this all about ? Any GP's or people working in a surgery like to give me the rationale for this " Kafkaesque " bullshit ?

I told her " Ok, what time do you open tomorrow morning ? I'll come around personally at opening time and make my appointment in person ! " And then I'll go to work.

I might be missing something here, but why didn't you make your appointment when the doc told you that you would need one ie a month in advance?

I might be missing something here, but why didn't you make your appointment when the doc told you that you would need one ie a month in advance?

You can't make them that far in advance.

May not know when you'll be free to go till nearer the time. Have to say appointments are usually available at my practice. I've even been known to go on and ask there and then and manage to get seen.

Is it still 1965 where you live ?

The system is booloxed. Gummed up with red tape, political agenda's and ne'er do wells. Time for a fresh start based on an individuals historical financial contributions to the NHS. Anybody in work should be prioritised before others so they can get back to work asap.

You can't make them that far in advance.

Is it still 1965 where you live ?

Might be. Ribble Valley - the land that time had forgotten until they suddenly decided to put about 4000 on clitheroe's population in the space of about 2 years. will destroy the ethos of the town and the reason that people want to come here to live, gum up services, create traffic chaos and cause more flooding as they build on the area down by the river, but who cares. Certainly not those in central government of any party.

Might be.  Ribble Valley - the land that time had forgotten until they suddenly decided to put about 4000 on clitheroe's population in the space of about 2 years.  will destroy the ethos of the town and the reason that people want to come here to live, gum up services, create traffic chaos and cause more flooding as they build on the area down by the river, but who cares.  Certainly not those in central government of any party.

Don't forget the hundreds of houses planned up Standen as well. I'll hopefully be well out of Clitheroe by the time they are built.

Don't forget the hundreds of houses planned up Standen as well. I'll hopefully be well out of Clitheroe by the time they are built.

Oh I haven't forgotten by any means. We too may well look to leave. If you're not a native then I suggest many might look elsewhere. We've been here 30 odd years though and it will be hard. I'm not against growth, just the scale of things they have suddenly planned against the wishes of the local community and without any regard for access or amenities. I mean, i already leave our estate to go to Blackburn and go via Mitton and whalley because you can't get over the level crossing on Eshton terrace and when yu can you can't get out of Clitheroe anyway. The impact of 200 new homes therefore 400 possible cars on Henthorn road will be unbelievable. only answer would be access over the fields from Mitton but that isn't going to happen.

Might be. Ribble Valley - the land that time had forgotten until they suddenly decided to put about 4000 on clitheroe's population in the space of about 2 years. will destroy the ethos of the town and the reason that people want to come here to live, gum up services, create traffic chaos and cause more flooding as they build on the area down by the river, but who cares. Certainly not those in central government of any party.

White flight I'd suggest.

Rail line from Bburn to Darwen is being redoubled which should lead to increased services from Clitheroe. Electrification is possible too at some stage. Leave the car at home and take the train.

Train to where? I work on the outskirts of Blackburn. live over a mile from the station, and work about a mile from the nearest station. carrying a set of books, a laptop and all the text books you need to do your work at home a walk each end of the train journey is not on really.

White flight I'd suggest.

Trust you Gordon. I don't care who moves in - it's not race or nationality we're worried about, or certainly not me. It's sheer numbers

Oh I haven't forgotten by any means. We too may well look to leave. If you're not a native then I suggest many might look elsewhere. We've been here 30 odd years though and it will be hard. I'm not against growth, just the scale of things they have suddenly planned against the wishes of the local community and without any regard for access or amenities. I mean, i already leave our estate to go to Blackburn and go via Mitton and whalley because you can't get over the level crossing on Eshton terrace and when yu can you can't get out of Clitheroe anyway. The impact of 200 new homes therefore 400 possible cars on Henthorn road will be unbelievable. only answer would be access over the fields from Mitton but that isn't going to happen.

There's a bridleway that almost goes all the way down to Mitton which could be used but like you say I doubt they'd even bother.

There's a bridleway that almost goes all the way down to Mitton which could be used but like you say I doubt they'd even bother.

They have tried apparently. land they can get hold of you'd need to cross the rail line. Other land is not for sale, or so I've heard

Train to where? I work on the outskirts of Blackburn. live over a mile from the station, and work about a mile from the nearest station. carrying a set of books, a laptop and all the text books you need to do your work at home a walk each end of the train journey is not on really.

People did it and much more before they had cars. It's probably quicker than by road too.

Archived