BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Plus Al, I'd bet that if Tom and his missus had £1000/month and it was split as £250 each and £500 in the shared account, roughly £400 of Tom's household spending would be on the wife and little'un.

My quote function is not working correctly. So in reply to Tom :-

I strongly believe that when a couple are married everything is shared. I have seen separate accounts and when one earns more than the other it can cause upset.

There you go again with the ageism. I can't stand that. It winds me up.

EDIT

It's supposed to be a partnership FGS not what yours is mine and what's mine's me own. Splitting the income is difficult if the man is expected to pay the bill on nights out. If it all comes out of the same account there is no problem.

Great in theory but women in general have an in built DNA urge to blow cash :)

Im half joking before anyone gets offended. I just find having seperate spending accounts and 1 account for bills makes it easier to manage our cash

As for your quote function being broke, I had that when my pc updated to IE11. had to switch to firefox

If you have £1000 monthly spending cash and split it £500 in each account you both get £500. If you both access it from one account I can speak for most married men and say they wont get anywhere near the £500 :)

Amen. I make 3x (or more) as much as my loving wife but I'm lucky to see $20/week in spending money.

• Backroom

Doesn't matter if it all comes out of the same account Mike.

It doesn't matter no but things like christmas and birthdays etc it just feels a bit nicer to be able to buy something from my account and treat her and her not have to feel like she's paid for it or vice versa, like you say in reality it makes no odds though.

The main reasoning as outlined above is I just find it easier to track bills and payments this way

Me and my missus been together 9 years, engaged, homeowners for 4 years and we are the same with two separate accounts and a joint account. Ok we aren't married but for all intents and purposes we are. A few people have questioned our way of doing things in the past but it's each to their own really. Not once would I ever contemplate saying no to her if she wanted/needed money, so I still consider it ours.

I don't happen to see the advantages of just one account but what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.

I strongly believe that when a couple are married everything is shared. I have seen separate accounts and when one earns more than the other it can cause upset.

EDIT

It's supposed to be a partnership FGS not what yours is mine and what's mine's me own. Splitting the income is difficult if the man is expected to pay the bill on nights out. If it all comes out of the same account there is no problem.

Completely agree Al.

We have a current account each and a joint account for mortgage etc

We do. But I have no idea what 'er indoors' pin is and ditto with her and mine. I really don't understand why anybody would allow someone else to use their card. As a result I only have one debit and one credit card with the debit card for the joint account destroyed as soon as it arrives.

EDIT

No need to get aerated, if both sides are happy then it's their business alone.

Rude bus drivers. In no other job could these jabba the hutt lookalikes get away with the way some of them speak to the paying public.

Even worse when you cant understand a word they are saying but their gestures say they are telling you to hurry up and get off if you're getting off despite the fact that you haven't the foggiest where you are and it's close on midnight already. Some of their driving in Korea left a lot to be desired if I remember rightly too

Bloody hell, they must have taken a wrong turn if you were getting on at Clitheroe.

No I was in Korea. My son - aka Ultrablue - was getting married and we went over to visit and be at the wedding. Life was fine when we were with him, but damned hard when we had to go off on our own occasionally as we, unlike him, don't speak Korean and very few of them admit to speaking English!

Archived