BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Home delivery companies that can't be bothered to give you a more precise time slot than "between 8am and 6pm"

Don't you use route planning and mobile comms you prats??

Then you wait in all day and they don't turn up!!

Or they come when you're mid-@#/? on the loo!

Onvious it's been quite some time since you sampled the delights of down town Blackburn dave. It is now a ghost town and that is not an exaggeration.

btw.... Jack Straw will be retiring soon to a home county residence on his big fat pension but his (and Castle's before him) legacy to the people of Blackburn will remain. It might have taken him longer but he and the council have ruined Blackburn as effectively as the Venkymob have ruined BRFC. Mealy mouthed greed, avarice and deception have destroyed our town just as surely as they are destroying our football club. Straw's ability to curry enough favour amongst the press and local hoy polloy is the epitomy of the effect of telling lies often enough that they become the truth. 'A clever man' is the best thing that I can say about him, the words loyal, public spirited, genuine and honest don't even figure.

We all have our own opinions and mine is that it is the mass immigration into the area that has ruined the town rather than the political representatives.

We all have our own opinions and mine is that it is the mass immigration into the area that has ruined the town rather than the political representatives.

Cause and effect Al. What exactly did Messrs Castle and Straw do to oppose or even limit that? Nowt thats what, sweet FA. Both were Senior political heavyweights with lofty positions in the Cabinet yet neither were from here or actually lived here and neither cared enough to stick their heads over the parapat. In fact if anything they engineered benefit at the polls from increasing numbers of Labour voters.

It was my belief that Ted Heath especially did untold long term damage to this country for effectively ending the political career of Enoch Powell. After old Nocky was publically banished to the back benches all the successive career politicians treat immigration as a taboo subject and ran for cover everytime it was even mentioned. i'm certain they still do too.

Another cyclist killed in London today - looks like the motoring lobby is doing its best to remove their competitors on the road.

With regards to the great "visionary" Powell, 10 days after his infamous Rivers of Blood speech a black family’s christening party in Wolverhampton was attacked by a gang of racist thugs chanting “Powell” and “Why don't you go back to your own country.”

The baby’s grandfather was slashed in the face with a knife. He’d been in Britain 13 years, and said “nothing like this has happened before.”

Powell was a precursor of the BNP and National Front. Heath was useless as a PM but he knew a racist when he saw one.

For the record, Straw and Castle both serviced Blackburn tirelessly for more than 30 years and I was proud to have them as this area's MP. Blackburn has been lucky to have such high-profile MPs over the past 60 years.

Rant mode: know-nothings who have no notion of the concept of public service. Usually little men who have their own failing businesses and pay a pittance to the poor souls who work for them.

Christ you two make Waldorf and Stadler seem like chirpy happy-go-lucky folk!

I think I touched a nerve Mike. Truth is that anybody older than 50 can see the dreadful degeneration that has decimated the town of Blackburn and it's citizens over the post war years. If we can't lay some blame at those in charge and occupying positions of power then where can we lay it?

"For the record, Straw and Castle both serviced Blackburn tirelessly for more than 30 years" Tirelessly my arse. Who the hell is insane enough to agree with that tripe.

I think I touched a nerve Mike. Truth is that anybody older than 50 can see the dreadful degeneration that has decimated the town of Blackburn and it's citizens over the post war years. If we can't lay some blame at those in charge and occupying positions of power then where can we lay it?

"For the record, Straw and Castle both serviced Blackburn tirelessly for more than 30 years" Tirelessly my arse. Who the hell is insane enough to agree with that tripe.

People who have worked in the public sector sometimes for little reward and who know how hard it is but have continued to do so because they believe in public service. An alien concept to you admittedly. MPs do alot of unsung work you haven't a clue about and are not interested in anyway because it doesn't fit in with our prejudices. As with many issues you have alot of opinions but in fact know nothing.

Cause and effect Al. What exactly did Messrs Castle and Straw do to oppose or even limit that? Nowt thats what, sweet FA. Both were Senior political heavyweights with lofty positions in the Cabinet yet neither were from here or actually lived here and neither cared enough to stick their heads over the parapat. In fact if anything they engineered benefit at the polls from increasing numbers of Labour voters.

It was my belief that Ted Heath especially did untold long term damage to this country for effectively ending the political career of Enoch Powell. After old Nocky was publically banished to the back benches all the successive career politicians treat immigration as a taboo subject and ran for cover everytime it was even mentioned. i'm certain they still do too.

If only Enoch Powell had been listened too this would be a far better country to live in.

• Backroom

Back on topic: Guys who can't just get old gracefully. Get a Bruce Willis buzzcut instead of implants and 'just for men'. Look at one footballs hardmen and best strikers; Alan Shearer. That's how you do it!

Blatant stirring Al. Come off it. Let's leave that rancid old topic well and truly alone

You may have a point but steering clear of that 'rancid old topic' in true head in the sand fashion is precisely the point that I was making in the final couple of sentences of my post. For his part Al is wrong, Powell was indeed heeded but in the wrong way, by the wrong people and for the wrong reasons.

Guest Norbert

Is there honestly a 'Trasdev Starship' in Burnley? It sounds as mental as that disability ramp leading to some steps they have.

Now we're approaching christmas I am expecting to see loads of those pompus, pretentious perfume ads on TV that are so up their own bumhole. Or endless ads for rubbish CDs like 'Coldplay do Christmas Hits', or some dreary Katie Melua type. And no doubt the X Factor finalists will massacre a song in some awful charity cover version.

Is there honestly a 'Trasdev Starship' in Burnley? It sounds as mental as that disability ramp leading to some steps they have.

Now we're approaching christmas I am expecting to see loads of those pompus, pretentious perfume ads on TV that are so up their own bumhole. Or endless ads for rubbish CDs like 'Coldplay do Christmas Hits', or some dreary Katie Melua type. And no doubt the X Factor finalists will massacre a song in some awful charity cover version.

Christ you have some stock of hangups Norbert. The whole world seems to irritate you. I just wish we had more singers as excellent as Katie Melua

Guest Norbert

Sorry, I'm sure Katie is a lovely woman, and I don't deny she can sing, I just find her songs soooo dull. And yes, humans do irritate me and society is a load of gashflaps most of the time.

George Lucas.

When someone creates something as beautiful as Star Wars 4 to 6, can't they just leave well alone ?

Not only do I have to endure countless extra snippets of totally pointless footage, the stupig bugger is now adding audio.

The "No" followed the "Nooooooooo" as Vader throws the Emperor to his death.

Archived