BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George Lucas.

When someone creates something as beautiful as Star Wars 4 to 6, can't they just leave well alone ?

Not only do I have to endure countless extra snippets of totally pointless footage, the stupig bugger is now adding audio.

The "No" followed the "Nooooooooo" as Vader throws the Emperor to his death.

The music builds up the tension and conveys Vader's conflict without calling for some hammy "NOOOOOO!" Lucash lives in a bubble and can't resist dicking around with the original trilogy, and doesn't seem to understand what made it work in the first place. Inserting the same line that made the end of Episode 3 a mockery shows how out of touch with reality he truly is. Watch the RedLetterMedia reviews of Episodes 1-3 if you want an in-depth and morbidly amusing take on why they failed so damn hard.

Just an area where you can let off steam, what gets on your thruppenny's ??

1. Steve Wright in the Afternoon.

Who decided this was to be referred to as the 'Big' show ? Him ? Self aggrandisement re-enforced every afternoon. That bloody annoying 'Hands up' followed by moronic whooping where they want to know 'if you got rained on today' or something. His crap impressions, and lazy palate, 'Birminnum' Nottinnum' 'Dubba Dubba Dubba ewe dot'.

Yes he plays the oldies but thank God for Radio 4.

Pulling this right back to the start....

He gets on my nerves too. He openely celebrates gutter culture and he's not funny, even thought I think he thinks he is.

Try Radcliffe and Maconie on 6 Music (1pm - 4pm). Nothing comes close to it at that time. Good humour and good music from a pair of decent blokes.

The way so many people seems to think their "opinion" carries some kind of weight in this age of social media(especially on internet forums :unsure: ) and boy are the quick to tell you how entitled they are to it if you so much as question them, IMO!

Brilliant

A normal driver who owned his own car wouldn't drive like that. They're almost certainly corporate drivers who couldn't car less about anyone else on the road or the laws of the highway and who drive like maniacs at very high speed using petrol paid for by other taxpayers. The ignorant "keans" should be made to retake their tests every year and attend police speeding courses - and a higher rate of tax to pay for the damage to the environment and accidents they cause.

• Backroom

A normal driver who owned his own car wouldn't drive like that. They're almost certainly corporate drivers who couldn't car less about anyone else on the road or the laws of the highway and who drive like maniacs at very high speed using petrol paid for by other taxpayers. The ignorant "keans" should be made to retake their tests every year and attend police speeding courses - and a higher rate of tax to pay for the damage to the environment and accidents they cause.

Erm, more likely they are people around my age who simply don't care or are ignorant of road rules.

I think 'white van man' or 'company car owner' is a stereotype you clutch to with little reason. I drive a company van near enough everyday and drive even more rigidly/cautiously for fear of the sack.

Ignorance is bliss they say. Odd that you are always so unhappy and bitter, cos your ignorance really does know no bounds.

Traffic lights. Wherever it is possible roundabouts are so much better for traffic flow. (Whalley being a fine example, before the roundabout the T Lights caused ridiculous tailbacks.) Not only that but the recent trend is for some drivers to actually speed up and 'run' them several seconds into the red. It is a growing menace in and around Blackburn.

The only drawback to roundabouts is that

a. people on the 'old' main road think that they have priority when they don't and frequently charge through. East and West park roads for a local example.

b. women drivers don't appear to be able to grasp the concept of them in any way shape or form and invariably stop when nothing is coming and then hesitate when they have priority.

Add it all up and when I am on my death bed I will surely begrudge the wasted months of my life that I spent waiting for red lights to change.

Erm, more likely they are people around my age who simply don't care or are ignorant of road rules.

I think 'white van man' or 'company car owner' is a stereotype you clutch to with little reason. I drive a company van near enough everyday and drive even more rigidly/cautiously for fear of the sack.

White van man is another who thinks the ruling motorway speed is 90mph plus, usually less than 5 yards from the bumper of the one in front.

Average speed cameras on all motorways and dual carriageways would sort them out.

• Backroom

White van man is another who thinks the ruling motorway speed is 90mph plus, usually less than 5 yards from the bumper of the one in front.

Average speed cameras on all motorways and dual carriageways would sort them out.

Stereotype again ;) I've probably seen about 5 in 2years go at any outrageous speed (over about 80). And I drive end-to-end on the M65 and M6 four days a week. Believe me that 'white van man' has his job to protect.

If you mean people in unmarked/unsigned vans, then I'd agree. But those are usually gypsies or companies that simply don't give a toss.

A signed van driver will very rarely be a deliberately bad/fast driver.

Traffic lights is a good one. Especially ones which change to stop traffic on a main road to let a side road in - when there is no traffic waiting!

Also, people who think 'Twenty's Plenty' in a 30mph zone!

Absolutely pathetic

Try driving around Skelmersdale, there are no traffic lights only roundabouts.

Why on earth would I or anybody else for that matter ever want to do that?

That reminds me.... you like trains n' stuff jim, have you given us your opinion on the high speed rail link yet?

• Backroom

That traffic light that's slightly out of sync at the bottom of Bennington Street. You go through the green and then have to stop for 3 seconds for a red and go again. Makes you wonder why they don't adjust it for smoother flow. It'd certainly be less aggravating in full on rush hour at 8:15 every morning.

• Backroom

On the traffic light bit, one that really annoys me is the filter light going up past the ice arena at the entrance to Asda

It used to ease the flow quite considerably but in the last year or so they no longer use it and now there's a period of time when the only traffic is cutting across it so no reason whatsoever for it not to be on, I reckon they just don't want to buy a new bulb

Archived