BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who can't use escalators properly. Either standing on the left, or getting to the top and just standing there, gormlessly

Yes, yes, yes. and a similar thing happens in the arrival halls at airports. They all congregate around the area where people come out, everyone goes in to greet and blocks the exit for those others coming out.

• Backroom

The Next in Arndale, Manchester has shut an escalator for H&S reasons. Why not just turn it off and let people use it as stairs, instead of bottle-necking everyone onto the other escalator?

People who can't use escalators properly. Either standing on the left, or getting to the top and just standing there, gormlessly

I don't like people that are so badly organised in their lives that they feel they have to flap around and rush everywhere, then they expect people that are calm and organised to jump out the way for them, T.J. don't rush for no fool!

People who misuse the word literally. Mistaking it as some kind of emphasis and not its true definition.
I watched the trailer for 'Class of 92' and within 30 seconds two people used it out of context. Of course, one of them was Beckham...

Following on from what Gordon has just said (my quote button isn't working either) is the mispronunciation of ball and goal. To some footballers this is 'bow' and 'gow'. It probably gets on my nerves more because this is how Paul Merson pronounces it.

I would like to add the caveat that I have an accent and there will, no doubt, be elements that I say that are wrong as a result. I'm not perfect, but at least I am not Paul Merson.

Following on from what Gordon has just said (my quote button isn't working either) is the mispronunciation of ball and goal. To some footballers this is 'bow' and 'gow'. It probably gets on my nerves more because this is how Paul Merson pronounces it.

I would like to add the caveat that I have an accent and there will, no doubt, be elements that I say that are wrong as a result. I'm not perfect, but at least I am not Paul Merson.

I think I sorted it by fiddling about with that little electric switch at the top left of the reply box dan. Somethings screwed though cos everything else stops working when you do.

A two fold rant

Part 1 - The sheer number of disabled parking spaces these days. Way to much overkill on the amount of spaces, especially at supermarkets. I have to park miles away and walk past 30 empty disabled spots :(

Part 2 - Non disabled people parking in the disabled spaces. Dont know why but that winds me up more than part 1

• Backroom

A two fold rant

Part 1 - The sheer number of disabled parking spaces these days. Way to much overkill on the amount of spaces, especially at supermarkets. I have to park miles away and walk past 30 empty disabled spots :(

Part 2 - Non disabled people parking in the disabled spaces. Dont know why but that winds me up more than part 1

Depends I think. There's a manslaughter case going on atmo where someone punched a guy to the ground for parking in a disabled space. He died when he hit the kerb.

The victim's wife (who was in the supermarket at the time) held a blue disabled badge. A very sad case where the victim had only days earlier been cleared of cancer.

Depends I think. There's a manslaughter case going on atmo where someone punched a guy to the ground for parking in a disabled space. He died when he hit the kerb.

The victim's wife (who was in the supermarket at the time) held a blue disabled badge. A very sad case where the victim had only days earlier been cleared of cancer.

Just seen it on sky news. He got 5 years for manslaughter.

• Backroom

Very glad he has. I understand frustration of people in disabled bays, but there's always cases where schizophrenics etc are allowed blue badges. One of my colleagues has one for what's essentially a bad back, but it comes under the criteria.

• Backroom

Similar lines to people parking in disabled bays when they shouldn't - people who drive mobility scooters when they are nothing more than overweight and lazy . Get off your fat backsides and walk ffs.

Never go to Disneyworld its maddening out there

You wait patiently for a bus, along comes fatty mcfatterson and family on their rascal straight to the front of the queue and on first, then they hop off and take up a couple of seats

Nearly every single time this will happen

Archived