BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

I'm sick to the back teeth of commuting up and down the local motorway network trying to avoid idiots sitting in the bloody middle lane, when do the new laws come into force, get the swines fined I say.

Maybe slightly controversial but it's usually young women 18-25 and middle aged Asian men, or at least that's my take on things, fine em!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something that really gets on my tits is our obsession with the weather.

Take today for example. It is raining and a bit blustery in Scotland today and it is taking up almost half of the news bulletins up here.

Its Scotland, its winter, its SUPPOSED to be cold, dank and miserable, FFS!!!

I don't like dogs and dogs don't like me. Having said that if you want to pay to own a turd machine it's your choice. What really riles me though is the places that sell food ( cafés, pubs etc ) that allow dogs in through the door. Keaning unbelievable.

I'm with you there on everything. Have never liked dogs since childhood. Have been bitten a few times and once got pinned to the wall by a huge German Shepherd that the owner, who had let me into his house, assured me wouldn't hurt a fly. Perhaps not, but it didn't stop it having a very good go at hurting me. In France, letting dogs into the restaurant is even more common. I once watched a woman feeding her dog from her plate, the dog being in her handbag on her lap.Disgusting

Why would you listen to radio Lancashire?

Quite simply because they report on local issues that impact on my community and my life. I think they get a bit if bad press, mainly from local people that don't even tune in, if you're selective on what you listen too its very good fair indeed, like most radio stations I guess.

Why would you listen to radio Lancashire?

Because it's local radio for ordinary local folk.

I'm with you there on everything. Have never liked dogs since childhood. Have been bitten a few times and once got pinned to the wall by a huge German Shepherd that the owner, who had let me into his house, assured me wouldn't hurt a fly. Perhaps not, but it didn't stop it having a very good go at hurting me. In France, letting dogs into the restaurant is even more common. I once watched a woman feeding her dog from her plate, the dog being in her handbag on her lap.Disgusting

I used to think you were much like me Gumboots but if you are too intellectual for Radio Lancashire and don't like dogs you really are not my sort of person.

Because it's local radio for ordinary local folk.

I used to think you were much like me Gumboots but if you are too intellectual for Radio Lancashire and don't like dogs you really are not my sort of person.

Not too intellectual!:-) Just don't ever find anything on it that interests me. I don't listen to 5 live either or to any of the magazine type stations. Radio Lancs is aimed at the over 50s who stay at home and have certain interests. I don't stay at home and the only time I listen to the radio is when I'm driving when i need something to keep me awake, not send me to sleep. The only time i listen to Lancs nowadays is to see if the weather is too bad for me to go to work, and even then I always hope it isn't.

As for dogs, you either love or hate them. I'd never do one harm and animal cruelty annoys and angers me but i don't get the attachment people feel to them at all. Wouldn't have a cat either. Was too busy with 4 kids to think about having animals around.

if you're getting humpty about whether someone listems to local radio or not it's time to break out the prozac.

who gives a @#/?? you can listen to radio moscow, smoke a pipe full of quat, abuse your ringpiece with a pipecleaner soaked in bicarb and bathe in a tub of stewed prunes for all I @#/? care if it's in the privacy of your own home

Not too intellectual!:-) Just don't ever find anything on it that interests me. I don't listen to 5 live either or to any of the magazine type stations. Radio Lancs is aimed at the over 50s who stay at home and have certain interests. I don't stay at home and the only time I listen to the radio is when I'm driving when i need something to keep me awake, not send me to sleep. The only time i listen to Lancs nowadays is to see if the weather is too bad for me to go to work, and even then I always hope it isn't.

Great show on Saturday nights at 8pm, Sean McGinty presents the best new music from Lancashire and a live session each week, great for finding new locals bands and where they'll be playing.

A dog is a dog: loyal, friendly, trustful, good company, good workers if need be and many of them very intelligent - in short, better than alot of human beings. I find your stance ridiculous to be honest.

So here's another rant: hypocritical people who say they're not "anti" dogs (or anything) and then proceed to say why they don't like them.

Oh right, so since your assumption about me not liking pets has proven to be rubbish, you're making a new one that I don't like dogs. Well those weren't reasons why I don't like them, I do like them. Couldn't be bothered to have one myself but find them pleasant enough out and about (well, the ones with decent owners).

All I'm doing is saying they're not a person. Its a dumb, if affectionate, animal that some people have decided they'd prefer to have in their house rather than living in a wood somewhere eating other animals faeces. Its an animal, thats all I'm getting at. Its gross sleeping in the same bed as one, it makes people smell in the same way smoking does, and you can see hair all over their furniture when you go round to their house.

The way some people talk about their dogs you get the impression they think they're entertaining some honoured guest who should be given priority treatment on the NHS and qualify for free hair cuts at the local boutique.

I had one or two bad experiences with dogs as a paper boy. I used to deliver " The Torygraph " to one house, I'd been delivering it for a while with no trouble then one day I put the paper in the vertical letter box slot at the top of the door. I was just about to slap it through with the palm of my hand when there was an almighty bang as two massive paws hit the door from the other side ! The paper was wrenched through the door in a flash

Next day I remembered this and instead of just placing it in the slot I held on to the paper and waited for the bang of the paws. Sure enough the dog grabbed the paper but I fed the paper in and out of the slot until the half the paper was destroyed, then I let the dog have what was left.

It never happened again.

Oh right, so since your assumption about me not liking pets has proven to be rubbish, you're making a new one that I don't like dogs. Well those weren't reasons why I don't like them, I do like them. Couldn't be bothered to have one myself but find them pleasant enough out and about (well, the ones with decent owners).

All I'm doing is saying they're not a person. Its a dumb, if affectionate, animal that some people have decided they'd prefer to have in their house rather than living in a wood somewhere eating other animals faeces. Its an animal, thats all I'm getting at. Its gross sleeping in the same bed as one, it makes people smell in the same way smoking does, and you can see hair all over their furniture when you go round to their house.

The way some people talk about their dogs you get the impression they think they're entertaining some honoured guest who should be given priority treatment on the NHS and qualify for free hair cuts at the local boutique.

They're not dumb at all, in fact they're more intelligent than some humans.

Without wishing to indulge in anthropomorphic behaviour, animals are sentient beings also, and "a dog is a man's best friend" is a saying for a reason. No, that doesn't mean they should be treated as humans, they should be treated as dogs, but if you treat a dog right it will be your friend forever. Friend being a companion that you don't look down your nose at.

You seem to live in a colourless, morose world.

They're not dumb at all, in fact they're more intelligent than some humans.

Without wishing to indulge in anthropomorphic behaviour, animals are sentient beings also, and "a dog is a man's best friend" is a saying for a reason. No, that doesn't mean they should be treated as humans, they should be treated as dogs, but if you treat a dog right it will be your friend forever. Friend being a companion that you don't look down your nose at.

You seem to live in a colourless, morose world.

Why, cause I don't indulge in the sentimental bull that some people have over their pets? (and also like winding up Jim :))

"In fact they're more intelligent than some humans"

Staggering. Are things like science, logic, experimental proof just irrelevant bystanders to putting forward an argument these days?

There's an interview somewhere of that physics bloke Brian Cox talking about people thinking astrology is real and the dangers of widely believed nonsense. Dogs are more intelligent than some humans would definitely fall into that category.

Staggering. Are things like science, logic, experimental proof just irrelevant bystanders to putting forward an argument these days?

Sorry, who am I talking to here, Stephen Hawking? Where did you get your postgrad, Sherlock? Just want to know your own academic credentials for making these judgements, or in fact are you just making them because they fit in neatly with your own prejudices.

Animals can be intelligent, yes. Take you average f-wit who can't get a job, then compare them to a gun dog. Did you actually think I was trying to say that dogs could fly a plane or something? Do you have that much of an ego that you think everyone you talk to on here is less intelligent than yourself?

Or maybe I should've said that they're of more use than some humans.

You seem like a man lacking in empathy, with a heavy predilection for confirmation bias.

Some dogs are ok but most are a bloody nuisance. I had another bit of trouble with one my round. I used to walk past the entrance to a converted farm house on my round. I'd been doing this for months with no trouble until one day. When I was further down the road a collie type dog came flying out through a hole in the hedge, snapping and snarling at my ankles. It had a good go at me then then ran off down the road. It was a dark, rainy morning and it gave me real start.

Next day the same thing happened, it caught me unawares again. Snapped at my ankles and then ran off.

The day after that I was walking past the entrance again, still half asleep, and just out of the corner of my eye I saw the dog set off running towards the hole in the hedge. I thought " right pal ". I bent down and picked up a stone about as big as an orange.

The dog came snapping at me again but this time I was ready. This time the dog got the stone right in the ribs, it went arse over tit and then ran off yelping minus some fur.

Next day I passed the entrance to the farmhouse and the dog was there. I looked it right in the eye. It saw me and lowered it's head. I never had any more trouble with that dog.

Sorry, who am I talking to here, Stephen Hawking? Where did you get your postgrad, Sherlock? Just want to know your own academic credentials for making these judgements, or in fact are you just making them because they fit in neatly with your own prejudices.

Animals can be intelligent, yes. Take you average f-wit who can't get a job, then compare them to a gun dog. Did you actually think I was trying to say that dogs could fly a plane or something? Do you have that much of an ego that you think everyone you talk to on here is less intelligent than yourself?

Or maybe I should've said that they're of more use than some humans.

You seem like a man lacking in empathy, with a heavy predilection for confirmation bias.

Yes obviously I'm prejudiced against dogs, even though I like dogs and own a cat, that must be it. I'm talking rubbish cause I'M the biased one here. Couldn't be that anyone who has a dog might be biased and will be guaranteed to disagree with me in this argument cause me insulting their flippin dog is like me insulting a family member could it?

As I've said earlier, animals can be intelligent compared to other animals. If you're trying to say animals can be more intelligent than humans then you're either talking nonsense or using a different definition of intelligence to one you'll find in any dictionary.

I assume what you actually mean is you like dogs more than you like some people. Well so do I but the biggest idiot chav in Blackburn will do better on an IQ test than the smartest dog in the world, as will a chimp, a dolphin and a 6 year old child. Just cause dogs have impressive muscle memory and keen senses doesn't make them intelligent.

Its this whole treating them like they're human thing that I find ridiculous. But then I suspect in a lot of cases thats probably the result of being lonely and/or going slightly senile, so I'll stop going on about it now.

I had one or two bad experiences with dogs as a paper boy. I used to deliver " The Torygraph " to one house, I'd been delivering it for a while with no trouble then one day I put the paper in the vertical letter box slot at the top of the door. I was just about to slap it through with the palm of my hand when there was an almighty bang as two massive paws hit the door from the other side ! The paper was wrenched through the door in a flash

Next day I remembered this and instead of just placing it in the slot I held on to the paper and waited for the bang of the paws. Sure enough the dog grabbed the paper but I fed the paper in and out of the slot until the half the paper was destroyed, then I let the dog have what was left.

It never happened again.

Well done Tyrone..... You out thought a dog!

Yes obviously I'm prejudiced against dogs, even though I like dogs and own a cat, that must be it. I'm talking rubbish cause I'M the biased one here. Couldn't be that anyone who has a dog might be biased and will be guaranteed to disagree with me in this argument cause me insulting their flippin dog is like me insulting a family member could it?

As I've said earlier, animals can be intelligent compared to other animals. If you're trying to say animals can be more intelligent than humans then you're either talking nonsense or using a different definition of intelligence to one you'll find in any dictionary.

I assume what you actually mean is you like dogs more than you like some people. Well so do I but the biggest idiot chav in Blackburn will do better on an IQ test than the smartest dog in the world, as will a chimp, a dolphin and a 6 year old child. Just cause dogs have impressive muscle memory and keen senses doesn't make them intelligent.

Its this whole treating them like they're human thing that I find ridiculous. But then I suspect in a lot of cases thats probably the result of being lonely and/or going slightly senile, so I'll stop going on about it now.

A dog wouldn't be so dumb as to post this claptrap so I guess you've disproved your theory again..

Archived