BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Great Expectations (Beyond Back or Sack)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUT The transfer fees paid are small fry in comparison to the wages. Lets ignore loans. No idea how they were brought into it. You are referring to permanent signings that cost a fee which conveniently ignored the ones who were signed on frees and ended up being dogsheet.

To only concentrate on those players under contract at their former clubs, and thus commanded a registration transfer fee, is cherry picking as a player signed on a free and given for example a 3 year contract cost the club £780,000.

That is why all permanent signings, both free and fee paying, should be used in any example

Cairney, Conway (who could I forget him) and Gestede = excellent so far

Spurr = very good so far

Marshall and Evans = good so far due to injuries

The rest not so good

Hopefully Bowyers self esteem has improved enough not to have to panic buy his former mates and he can concentrate on using what precious money we have to improve the first XI

• Backroom

Robbo

Spurr

New signing?

Kilgallon/Hanley

New Signing?

Marshall

Evans

Cairney

King/Taylor

Gestede

Rhodes

If we start off next season with a starting 11 like that I think we should at the very least expect playoffs if not challenging for top two. Assuming the new signings at the back are competent we'd have a very strong first eleven there, and if Marshall/Evans in particular are a bit luckier with injuries we should have no problem gaining the consistency we've lacked this season.

Well it seems you conveniently left out the part which said his contract expired in 2013 at Palace. So when he rejoined Rovers he was out of contract.

OK let me see

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23245469

"Former Blackburn youngster Alex Marrow has rejoined the club from Crystal Palace for an undisclosed fee."

Other sources say he is a free transfer yet still quote the above comment. Who is right???

he would still command a wage that reflected that he was a championship player who had a chance to make an appearance in the top lfight

So say £5k a week isn't out of the realms of possibility and he got a 3 year deal. Thats £780k wasted on a 'blind punt'

Abolutely Shaun. My point about Marrow was more to suggest his wages aren't nearly as high as you thought. The truth probably lies somewhere in between our respective opinions.

Anyway, i agree that the outgoings this season of course need to take into account the wages both paid to loaness and free transfers. But equally these must be offset against the players we have loaned out. The nature of our wage levels suggest that even if we are supplementing the wages of the likes of Best, they must surely mean whatever percentage the likes of Sheff Weds are paying is significant and probably allowed us to sign the likes of Feeney and Varney. However inept you think Shaw to be, i have to have confidence that the sums have been done.

• Backroom

Robbo

Spurr

New signing?

Kilgallon/Hanley

New Signing?

Marshall

Evans

Cairney

King/Taylor

Gestede

Rhodes

If we start off next season with a starting 11 like that I think we should at the very least expect playoffs if not challenging for top two. Assuming the new signings at the back are competent we'd have a very strong first eleven there, and if Marshall/Evans in particular are a bit luckier with injuries we should have no problem gaining the consistency we've lacked this season.

No Conway mate??? :P

OK let me see

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23245469

"Former Blackburn youngster Alex Marrow has rejoined the club from Crystal Palace for an undisclosed fee."

Other sources say he is a free transfer yet still quote the above comment. Who is right???

he would still command a wage that reflected that he was a championship player who had a chance to make an appearance in the top lfight

So say £5k a week isn't out of the realms of possibility and he got a 3 year deal. Thats £780k wasted on a 'blind punt'

Yes if he stays for the duration. But he's already been out on loan at Fleetwood for a large chunk of the season. The £5k example you used isn't beyond the realms of reality for them to pay. They're not short of a few quid.

I guess while we stay in financial difficulties we will see a lot of these loan trades. We loan one out to free up some cash and bring one in.

Yes if he stays for the duration. But he's already been out on loan at Fleetwood for a large chunk of the season. The £5k example you used isn't beyond the realms of reality for them to pay. They're not short of a few quid.

I guess while we stay in financial difficulties we will see a lot of these loan trades. We loan one out to free up some cash and bring one in.

Let's move on by concluding that ALL signings can only be claimed to be a success once we are promoted. :)

If Fleetwood can afford £5k a week I fear for them

Do wages etc, not count anymore in transfers in? They all cost money somehow and it all adds up, so surely they are all then money spent. We wouldn't have spent it at all if they hadn't signed.

Have no fear the moon is still made of cheese, every sane man knows that, lol.

Songoo

Marrow

Judge

Feeney

Dabo

Eastwood

Varney

Taylor

DJ

Makes 9 signings so lets be very conservative and say an average of 5K a week (DJ is far from cheap). So 9 * 5 = 45K a week, * 52 = 2.34M a year. I won't include bonuses etc ie signing on fees. Last season we were losing that a month. We sell say 13K season tickets at a £250.00 pound average, or 3.25M quids worth. so said signings wages only probably cost 70% roughly of our total season ticket sales.

Hey! Thats the cost of 9 players = the cost of 1 Jordan Rhodes!!

kinda adds a certain perspective to things doesn't it?

My apologies to all. I'm getting narky now and i didn't mean to start doing that.

I get like that Patrick but without ever feeling the need for the apologies. :tu: Must say I'm really surprised nay gobsmacked to discover how many so called supporters are so desperately p1ssed off that we finished the season so well under Bowyer with that long unbeaten run. Extreme bitterness being the overriding mental state imo. Not nice to see tbh...... Not nice at all. :glare:

I get like that Patrick but without ever feeling the need for the apologies. :tu: Must say I'm really surprised nay gobsmacked to discover how many so called supporters are so desperately p1ssed off that we finished the season so well under Bowyer with that long unbeaten run. Extreme bitterness being the overriding mental state imo. Not nice to see tbh. Not nice at all. :glare:

Are you getting prepared for Jim's come back

:D

Bitter is a harsh assessment. Worried and uncertain is more apt.

Only in your opinion shaun, most definitely not in mine.

Are you getting prepared for Jim's come back

:D

Strange thing yoda. Jim and I do agree mostly on the mboard. It's on icbinf that he gets it so woefully wrong.

Only in your opinion shaun, most definitely not in mine.

Strange thing yoda. Jim and I do agree mostly on the mboard. It's on icbinf that he gets it so woefully wrong.

True, it must be difficult for him though, not knowing which colour to back

when is he going to make an appearance?

I believe the shackles have been removed

True, it must be difficult for him though, not knowing which colour to back

when is he going to make an appearance?

I believe the shackles have been removed

He's done so. I've seen something he put on here yesterday somewhere.

2014 - 2015 Expectations

Minimum League Performance : Play-offs

Miniumum season target: Promotion by any means

Essential Area's to Strengthen: Right back, Centre back. Defensive organisations and solidity (can 12 months of "what the hell do they do in training" be turned round?)

Transfer Jam: Central midfield creative cover for Cairney. Decent keeper cover. Decent 3rd choice striker. Deadwood shipped out PERMANENTLY

Things you'd like to see along the way: Manager actually learning from his mistakes. Tactical nous to change games. Less of Williamson and Lowe. Less of either of them singularly too. Defensive frailties consigned to the past for consistent periods. More transparency at board level. A bit of a cup run. A big fk off part in May 2015

Archived