BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Great Expectations (Beyond Back or Sack)

2014 - 2015 Expectations

Minimum League Performance : Play-offs

Miniumum season target: Promotion by any means

Essential Area's to Strengthen: Right back, Centre back. Defensive organisations and solidity (can 12 months of "what the hell do they do in training" be turned round?)

Transfer Jam: Central midfield creative cover for Cairney. Decent keeper cover. Decent 3rd choice striker. Deadwood shipped out PERMANENTLY

Things you'd like to see along the way: Manager actually learning from his mistakes. Tactical nous to change games. Less of Williamson and Lowe. Less of either of them singularly too. Defensive frailties consigned to the past for consistent periods. More transparency at board level. A bit of a cup run. A big fk off part in May 2015

I personally think that those expectations in the main stay are fine, however - why are you so entrenched in the negative? Surely some of the targets must be based on building on this seasons positives!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There would be no roof :)

I think you missed my analogy. Concentrating on the positives without tackling the negatives gets you nowhere. Whereas concentrating on just the negatives at least achieves something, even if it is temporarily built on a foundation of sand mixed with BS

There would be no roof :)

I think you missed my analogy. Concentrating on the positives without tackling the negatives gets you nowhere. Whereas concentrating on just the negatives at least achieves something, even if it is temporarily built on a foundation of sand mixed with BS

You'll be on about sardines and seagulls next.

The championship is almost impossible to predict.

In all honestly who would have picked the two automatic promoted teams this year.

You have to look to yourself first and worry about everyone else later.

For me the defence needs work.

We need experience, cool heads when backs are against the walls.

As for the midfield all the pieces are there just to be put together correctly.

Strikers wise we need back up/variation on the deadly duo. But we could be the highest scorers in the division next season and I wouldn’t be surprised.

The key this summer is quality over quantity. We don’t need many player but we do need a few of a certain kind.

Expectation levels for the club are weird to me really, I am just genuinely happy we still have a club.

In saying that I think playoffs are a reasonable goal for next season.

Archived