BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hillsborough Inquest

Don't know if anyone else is following the hearings, but Dukenfield has been on the stand for the past couple of days.

I watch partly on twitter where the excellent David Conn covers it, but I think the details in this linked article are enlightening.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/recap-david-duckenfield-evidence-hillsborough-8831240

In particular I think it's telling that both the only camera focused primarily on the central pens and now also the log of the officers on the entrances of the gates requesting them to be closed as they where full, are both missing.

Dukenfield has sighted post traumatic stress as the reason he has not apologised for 26 years. I Think that is pretty disgusting to be honest, to those who actually have ptsd.

Don't know if anyone else is following the hearings, but Dukenfield has been on the stand for the past couple of days.

I watch partly on twitter where the excellent David Conn covers it, but I think the details in this linked article are enlightening.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/recap-david-duckenfield-evidence-hillsborough-8831240

In particular I think it's telling that both the only camera focused primarily on the central pens and now also the log of the officers on the entrances of the gates requesting them to be closed as they where full, are both missing.

Dukenfield has sighted post traumatic stress as the reason he has not apologised for 26 years. I Think that is pretty disgusting to be honest, to those who actually have ptsd.

Has he ever expressed sincere regret? Doing the wrong thing for the right reasons might be a mistake in hindsight but surely it isn't a sin is it?

Time Liverpool let it lie. Any other city it would be history by now. Getting fed up of it now.

Time Liverpool let it lie. Any other city it would be history by now. Getting fed up of it now.

Manchester do still keep flogging the Munich disaster to death. Maybe my cynicism knows no bounds but personally I have grave misgivings about the motives and agenda behind these annual outpourings of grief.

There was an ESPN 30 for 30 documentary on US tv last year about the disaster. It wasn't, and I assume still isn't, allowed to be shown in the UK as the inquest is still ongoing.

It was very interesting. As with every disaster it was a myriad of small issues that culminated in the deaths.

Duckenfield wasn't spared at all. Neither was the coroner.

They did a bit on how Duckenfield came to be in charge so close to the game. Apparently, the prior commander who had been running crowd control operations for years vacated his post less than 3 weeks prior to the game as he had to take the fall for a couple of junior officers who - as an initiaion prank - mugged a new recruit down a back alley months prior.

They also have game day officers saying that they were told to rewrite their notes that evening to erase any mention of potential police cock ups.

It was very sobering.

The people that covered it up, lied and made 96 families suffer for all these years should be jailed.

Starting with Duckenfield.

Only football fans would be treated in this manner, it's disgusting.

The people that covered it up, lied and made 96 families suffer for all these years should be jailed.

Starting with Duckenfield.

Only football fans would be treated in this manner, it's disgusting.

Official cover ups happen all the time Gav. Duckinfield made some wrong decisions and thought afterwards the best way out of it. Tony Blairs weapons of mass destruction cost many more lives, made many more families suffer and that was an intentional and base lie from the start. He's become a multi millionaire through it.

Archived