BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

The cap fits.

Still pushing - not biting.

Nobody forces their culture on Benidorm The Spanish have set it up for tourism and generally live the same way that we and most of Europe live.

The cap fits? I'm not here to make personal remarks, but since you've got to that I'm guessing it's an alternative if you simply can't even explain your own posts.

What is your definition of "being British"? If you can't answer that, then don't say it in the first place.

Sorry I thought you were looking for answers. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it tap dance

I didn't ask about areas of Blackburn changing with the populace, I asked for a definition of being british

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cap fits? I'm not here to make personal remarks, but since you've got to that I'm guessing it's an alternative if you simply can't even explain your own posts.

What is your definition of "being British"? If you can't answer that, then don't say it in the first place.

I didn't ask about areas of Blackburn changing with the populace, I asked for a definition of being british

Righty ho then.

All is well. Nothing to see here move along folks

How many times not biting? Mr Opposite fits you to a tee. You can goad me as much as you want but I won't bite.

• Moderation Lead

Is he goading though? Seems to me like he's simply asking a question. It looks like people are playing the man and not the ball again, which is a shame really.

I'm not saying for a minute that JBizzle hasn't been a bit of a challenging poster at times, but as I know him well I know he doesn't post just to be the opposite, he just happens to have the opposite view to a lot of people. Like I do, like everyone else does on here when compared to different posters.

Balls, of course it's goading. It's the same question being asked over and over despite Al repeatedly saying that he will not be answering it.

It is as clear as day that Al is being pressed to elaborate until he posts something clumsy that can be jumped on.

Not true at all. What's the point in a forum if we can't discuss posts?

Since this thread is linked to immigration I thought it was on topic.

My own definition of being British is being tolerant of others. Other culture, other religions, other everything. I embrace multiculturalism so I hope tha goes some way to explain why I wanted some clarification on his suggestions.

If it doesn't, I'm not fussed either way.

• Moderation Lead

Balls, of course it's goading. It's the same question being asked over and over despite Al repeatedly saying that he will not be answering it.

It is as clear as day that Al is being pressed to elaborate until he posts something clumsy that can be jumped on.

People can think as they like, but I think it's a bit much to expect people to move somewhere and change completely. As long as immigrants pay their taxes and speak the language, I couldn't care less what else they do as long as they're happy and not hurting anyone. As JBizzle said, the example of Brits moving abroad to Spain in particular and imposing our way of life on others and not speaking the language is exactly the same as what we criticise immigrants for in this country.

Not true at all. What's the point in a forum if we can't discuss posts?

Since this thread is linked to immigration I thought it was on topic.

My own definition of being British is being tolerant of others. Other culture, other religions, other everything. I embrace multiculturalism so I hope tha goes some way to explain why I wanted some clarification on his suggestions.

If it doesn't, I'm not fussed either way.

Who said this thread is linked to immigration ?

I started it and there was no reference to immigration.

My own view on the thread subject, which I did not state at the time, is that the UK should be the master of it's own destiny, not controlled by un elected manadarins in Brussels.

A view which is gaining momentum in the rest of the EU it would seem.

People can think as they like, but I think it's a bit much to expect people to move somewhere and change completely. As long as immigrants pay their taxes and speak the language, I couldn't care less what else they do as long as they're happy and not hurting anyone. As JBizzle said, the example of Brits moving abroad to Spain in particular and imposing our way of life on others and not speaking the language is exactly the same as what we criticise immigrants for in this country.

You make some fair points K Hod, but the Britsh abroad don't do public be-headings, indiscriminate bombings, AK47 assaults and questionable truck driving, unless I have missed something

You make some fair points K Hod, but the Britsh abroad don't do public be-headings, indiscriminate bombings, AK47 assaults and questionable truck driving, unless I have missed something

Jihadi John?

• Moderation Lead

My own view on the thread subject, which I did not state at the time, is that the UK should be the master of it's own destiny, not controlled by un elected manadarins in Brussels.

It appears I've missed something!!

It appears I've missed something!!

You were saying the Brits impose their way of life on people when they go to live in other countries, maybe they do in some places to an extent but it is superficial and not by demomstrating that their way of live is the only way, not by demanding the administrations of the country they are in supply documentation in their language, not by demanding a different set of laws to live by than the host nation, not by demanding seperate gender schools, not by demanding seperate burial places in un appropriate areas, not by using customs that treat women as second class citizens, the list goes on.

Exactly the point. He's just waiting for me to post something he can jump on to have a pop at and I'm not prepared to give it to him. He knows exactly what I meant but can't wait to say I'm being racist. Of course his mod mate immediately jumps to his defence. Jbizzle just loves an argument. It's all he does.

Thank you yoda. Good points. I would also point out that the British no way impose their way of life on the Spanish. The Spanish actively encourage the British (and Germans) to settle there because they rely on them for their living. Without tourism Spain would have nothing.

• Moderation Lead

You were saying the Brits impose their way of life on people when they go to live in other countries, maybe they do in some places to an extent but it is superficial and not by demomstrating that their way of live is the only way, not by demanding the administrations of the country they are in supply documentation in their language, not by demanding a different set of laws to live by than the host nation, not by demanding seperate gender schools, not by demanding seperate burial places in un appropriate areas, not by using customs that treat women as second class citizens, the list goes on.

This isn't the case across the board imo, whilst some no doubt do, it's certainly not anywhere near the majority. It stands to reason that people want some things like at home when they move away i.e. food, supermarkets etc. Exactly the same as Brits in Spain/UAE etc etc.

Exactly the point. He's just waiting for me to post something he can jump on to have a pop at and I'm not prepared to give it to him. He knows exactly what I meant but can't wait to say I'm being racist. Of course his mod mate immediately jumps to his defence. Jbizzle just loves an argument. It's all he does.

Excuse me? I probably disagree with JBizzle as much as anyone on here! I just happened to agree with him on this subject.

• Backroom

Sorry Al, but K-Hod has at no point used his position as mod to benefit JBizzle, as that comment suggests. You're better than that.

Sorry Al, but K-Hod has at no point used his position as mod to benefit JBizzle, as that comment suggests. You're better than that.

We'll have to differ on that Mike.

This isn't the case across the board imo, whilst some no doubt do, it's certainly not anywhere near the majority. It stands to reason that people want some things like at home when they move away i.e. food, supermarkets etc. Exactly the same as Brits in Spain/UAE etc etc.

Excuse me? I probably disagree with JBizzle as much as anyone on here! I just happened to agree with him on this subject.

I think you are missing the point some what.

For example there are many villages especially in rural France where the schools have been saved by the influx of Brits and the Dutch, without their children the schools would have been closed, in some cases they have been re opened to the delight of the indigenous French. Guess what though, they are taught in French with the French sylabus.

Many properties have been renovated in these areas in line with French planning requirements.

I would challenge anyone to get a minoret passed by Batiment De France.

Go to any Marie in France and find documentation in anything other than French.

It might explain why there is a big queue at Calais to leave France, instead of claiming asylum in the country of landing.

Can you leave the insults out please, I don't "love an argument". If I started calling you names like bigot, intolerant, narrow minded etc - I'd be banned within minutes.

I haven't abused you, I haven't made personal comments. I'm following the rules set out and I asked you a question.

Just because you can't justify your own viewpoints, don't turn it on me. You said something I found ridiculous, I asked you a to clarify(so did others who seem to be ignored by Biggus) calmly and you respond through insults.

I think you are missing the point some what.

For example there are many villages especially in rural France where the schools have been saved by the influx of Brits and the Dutch, without their children the schools would have been closed, in some cases they have been re opened to the delight of the indigenous French. Guess what though, they are taught in French with the French sylabus.

Many properties have been renovated in these areas in line with French planning requirements.

I would challenge anyone to get a minoret passed by Batiment De France.

Go to any Marie in France and find documentation in anything other than French.

It might explain why there is a big queue at Calais to leave France, instead of claiming asylum in the country of landing.

What's the problem with minarets?

There are many positives with immigration in this country, I'm not even going to attempt to list.

Can you leave the insults out please, I don't "love an argument". If I started calling you names like bigot, intolerant, narrow minded etc - I'd be banned within minutes.

I haven't abused you, I haven't made personal comments. I'm following the rules set out and I asked you a question.

Just because you can't justify your own viewpoints, don't turn it on me. You said something I found ridiculous, I asked you a to clarify(so did others who seem to be ignored by Biggus) calmly and you respond through insults.

What's the problem with minarets? I was talking about France, or did you miss that bit ?

There are many positives with immigration in this country, I'm not even going to attempt to list. Did I say otherwise?

Jbizzle trying to provoke an argument with yoda now. Don't rise to the bait yoda he just wants an argument. Decided to put him on ignore. I don't need his crap.

I know you meant France, and I asked you what the problem was?

I was pointing out the difference in approach of the French compared to the UK and putting forward a possible reason for why there is a big queue at Calias of immigrants that did not claim asylum in the EU country of landing but want to get to the UK.

Did I say problem anywhere in the post ?

Archived