BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Evil

Without wanting to detract from the level of warped and deranged actions these nutcases showed. Doesn't it really annoy you when you get Real Madrid fans in foreign countries?

It's like when I'm being dragged to a party at one of the wife's friends. You meet some other lost soul who's been dragged there by his wife. First question I ask is 'you into your football mate?'. If it's a yes then the second is 'who's your team?'. From there I can usually muster enough conversation to get through the night. But if they say Real Madrid (or even worse, England) then I walk off and avoid the bloke all night.

I hate it when people start talking to you about football, claim they're rovers fans but then spend the rest of the conversation talking about man u, city, Liverpool or some other big crappy prem club but have little too nothing to say about rovers, usually because they barely follow what's happening at the club or attend/watch any rovers games(dont even watch the tv highlights) but they'll talk non stop about the man u game they watched on sky the previous night.

I hate talking about or listening to others talk about football unless its rovers related, it just bores the bollards off me.

I hate it when people start talking to you about football, claim they're rovers fans but then spend the rest of the conversation talking about man u, city, Liverpool or some other big crappy prem club but have little too nothing to say about rovers, usually because they barely follow what's happening at the club or attend/watch any rovers games(dont even watch the tv highlights) but they'll talk non stop about the man u game they watched on sky the previous night.

I hate talking about or listening to others talk about football unless its rovers related, it just bores the bollards off me.

You mean like Vinjay

I don't mind it. But I very quickly judge if they're 'proper' fans or not. Hence the Real Madrid or England fans. If someone says to you they love football and you ask them who they support and they reply 'well I don't really follow a club side. I really just support England' then I think it should be law that you're allowed to just toe punt them in the knee. I immediately consider their opinion on anything to be null and void. It's such a wishy washy response I just can't take them seriously. Even people who hate football provide me with motive to talk to them. To convince them rugby is shyte usually. But where do you go with a man who claims to like football but supports England? I'm usually just left with nothing else but to mock his chinos.

There's this strange phenomenon in Scotland - particularly west/central Scotland.

When (usually blokes) hear my accent, they ask which team I support. When I tell them, they usually mention Jack Walker/Kenny/SAS/Lambert sometimes Souness/Tugay/Barry Ferguson. The more clued up ones may stretch to Don Mackay, Mark Hughes etc and 'those Indian chicken farmers'. However, without fail, at the end of all that, they always ask "Who is your Scottish team then?" or "Who do you REALLY support?". It is a question that always gets asked up here, even of Scots folk who say they support a smaller club like Motherwell or Hamilton. And it gets right on my paps. Its as if everybody really supports one of the Old Firm.

Up there with United, Chelsea etc for arrogance

• Moderation Lead

It's like that in Italy and Spain I believe. People have a team, then their 'big team' (Real/Barca). Talk about hedging your bets, Christ!

Must admit its bizarre seeing kids walking around in Real Madrid shirts.

Worse for me though is those Liverpool and United fans living around here in their 30/40/50's, who wouldn't know how to get to the ground.

Worse for me though is those Liverpool and United fans living around here in their 30/40/50's, who wouldn't know how to get to the ground.

Blimey I've had some fall-outs with blokes my age on that very subject Baz. I always feel a need to ask them to justify why they support who they do. The only acceptable answer to that (for me) is "My parent/s is/are from Liverpool/Manchester so supporting LFC/MUFC is a family thing", and even at that my instinct would still be to support my local club.

I used to go on the train to watch Liverpool quite regularly in the late 70s when Rovers were playing away, just to get to see that great team play live, and it was always amazing how many other lads of around my age made that journey from the Darwen and Blackburn areas, but they actually supported LFC (and still do!)

I don't mind it. But I very quickly judge if they're 'proper' fans or not. Hence the Real Madrid or England fans. If someone says to you they love football and you ask them who they support and they reply 'well I don't really follow a club side. I really just support England' then I think it should be law that you're allowed to just toe punt them in the knee. I immediately consider their opinion on anything to be null and void. It's such a wishy washy response I just can't take them seriously. Even people who hate football provide me with motive to talk to them. To convince them rugby is shyte usually. But where do you go with a man who claims to like football but supports England? I'm usually just left with nothing else but to mock his chinos.

I'd rather someone from miles away from Manchester/Liverpool/Madrid just say 'I just like football/watching England' then come out with 'I'm a Man Youu fan' despite not being to find Old Trafford with a map.

Archived