BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Petition Wording

Hi all,

On the "Takeover / Part Takeover" thread I proposed that we could start a simple petition to capture and highlight the number of people who will no longer attend while Venkys fully own the club. It is possible the club/owners will simply try and ignore this. In my opinion enough posters have supported the idea to at least give it a shot and see where it takes us. If we can get it signed into the thousands it might form a piece of significant leverage. If not maybe it will have little effect, but there is no harm in at least trying.

I am setting up the petition on Change.Org. Before I open it up to signatures I thought it was worth taking 24 hours to check the wording with the posters here to ensure

1. That what I have written is accurate, sensible and effective
  2. That I have not omitted anything useful or relevant
  3. That I have not in any way infringed the law or opened up to a prosecution of liable or other considerations.

Can those so inclined take read through the below and let me know in the thread ASAP. I would like to start this petition by tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,

JBN

"

Since Venkys acquired Blackburn Rovers in 2010 they have presided over severe mismanagement of the club. Examples include

• Sacking of an established Premier League Manager Sam Allardyce and the hiring of replacement Steve Kean - a youth coach without the experience or skills for the role. This lead directly to the relegation of the club eighteen months later.
  • The removal of experienced board room members including John Williams and their replacement with less qualified individuals. On multiple occasions key roles such as Chairman and Managing Director have remained vacant for extensive periods.
  • Engaging a third party Kentaro to preside over player recruitment in their early years of running the club. This lead directly to high wage contracts for poor quality players.
  • Forcing out key established Premier League playing staff such as club captain Ryan Nelsen.
  • Most recently severe lack of communication with Paul Lambert directly leading to the manager voluntarily activating the termination of his own contract.

The result of the ongoing mismanagement is the total loss of confidence by a significant proportion of the fan base in Venkys' capability to run the Club with the required degree of professionalism and care.

The undersigned commit to not attend Ewood Park for Blackburn Rovers games until Venkys either

1. Sell the club in its entirety to a new owner
  2. Engage in shared ownership of the club with a credible partner

We ask those who sign please quote their seat number if season ticket holders. If you are not a season ticket holder please can you quote the number of games you typically attend a season.

"

Worth a shout JBN. Nothing glaring in the substance of the letter. Minor point, Think Kean was a first team coach. You could also point out the conflict of interests in Kean being a Kentaro/SEM Client and the manger with a say in player recruitment.

Hi all,

On the "Takeover / Part Takeover" thread I proposed that we could start a simple petition to capture and highlight the number of people who will no longer attend while Venkys fully own the club. It is possible the club/owners will simply try and ignore this. In my opinion enough posters have supported the idea to at least give it a shot and see where it takes us. If we can get it signed into the thousands it might form a piece of significant leverage. If not maybe it will have little effect, but there is no harm in at least trying.

I am setting up the petition on Change.Org. Before I open it up to signatures I thought it was worth taking 24 hours to check the wording with the posters here to ensure

1. That what I have written is accurate, sensible and effective
  2. That I have not omitted anything useful or relevant
  3. That I have not in any way infringed the law or opened up to a prosecution of liable or other considerations.

Can those so inclined take read through the below and let me know in the thread ASAP. I would like to start this petition by tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,

JBN

"

Since Venkys acquired Blackburn Rovers in 2010 they have presided over severe mismanagement of the club. Examples include

• Sacking of an established Premier League Manager Sam Allardyce and the hiring of replacement Steve Kean - a youth coach without the experience or skills for the role. This lead directly to the relegation of the club eighteen months later.
  • The removal of experienced board room members including John Williams and their replacement with less qualified individuals. On multiple occasions key roles such as Chairman and Managing Director have remained vacant for extensive periods.
  • Engaging a third party Kentaro to preside over player recruitment in their early years of running the club. This lead directly to high wage contracts for poor quality players.
  • Forcing out key established Premier League playing staff such as club captain Ryan Nelsen.
  • Most recently severe lack of communication with Paul Lambert directly leading to the manager voluntarily activating the termination of his own contract.

The result of the ongoing mismanagement is the total loss of confidence by a significant proportion of the fan base in Venkys' capability to run the Club with the required degree of professionalism and care.

The undersigned commit to not attend Ewood Park for Blackburn Rovers games until Venkys either

1. Sell the club in its entirety to a new owner
  2. Engage in shared ownership of the club with a credible partner

We ask those who sign please quote their seat number if season ticket holders. If you are not a season ticket holder please can you quote the number of games you typically attend a season.

"

Are THe Rovers Trust not doing the same thing? Great initiative JBN, but may be best to have one survey for all to sign into rather than multiple ones where it risks getting diluted.

Only my thoughts to try and make the most of everybodys efforts that's all mate

Are THe Rovers Trust not doing the same thing? Great initiative JBN, but may be best to have one survey for all to sign into rather than multiple ones where it risks getting diluted.

Only my thoughts to try and make the most of everybodys efforts that's all mate

Ah - I did not know this!

More than happy to put this on ice if the questionnaire covers it. What is in questionnaire? Who is it sent out to?

Worth a shout JBN. Nothing glaring in the substance of the letter. Minor point, Think Kean was a first team coach. You could also point out the conflict of interests in Kean being a Kentaro/SEM Client and the manger with a say in player recruitment.

He was 3rd in line though and still worked with the youth so basically that's all he still was. Don't forget his rant about putting on sessions with Lowey Hanley etc, oh and he discovered Phil Jones !

He was 3rd in line though and still worked with the youth so basically that's all he still was. Don't forget his rant about putting on sessions with Lowey Hanley etc, oh and he discovered Phil Jones !

Ok stand corrected. And which actually makes his appointment worse!

Archived