BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rare Rovers Memorabilia At Auction

Two fantastic pieces of Rovers history at Auction this week.The club should be looking to purchase these for all to enjoy on display at Ewood.....

http://www.grahambuddauctions.co.uk/BidCat/detail.asp?SaleRef=GB31&LotRef=771

http://www.grahambuddauctions.co.uk/BidCat/detail.asp?SaleRef=GB31&LotRef=786

Bring them home!

I did contact the club regarding these items, and suggested that these would make a great addition to the clubs collection and also suggested that they develop a museum in the JW stand. The club have replied thanking me for bringing these items to their attention but sadly they declined to bid on the items.

You might have unwittingly brought it to the clubs attention that they can flog rovers memorabilia. I can see them saying "if a couple of medals fetch a few grand how much do you think we can sell the premier league trophy, fa cup and league cup for".

I fully expect to see 3 trophies on eBay any day now. It'll buy the fat Venky a few gold chains.

I did contact the club regarding these items, and suggested that these would make a great addition to the clubs collection and also suggested that they develop a museum in the JW stand. The club have replied thanking me for bringing these items to their attention but sadly they declined to bid on the items.

Very sad state of affairs,the 1886 cup medal was a real rare gem from the club's early and successful years.

Both medals sold for a combined £11,500....probably half a week's pay for one of our 'superstars'.

Very sad state of affairs,the 1886 cup medal was a real rare gem from the club's early and successful years.

Both medals sold for a combined £11,500....probably half a week's pay for one of our 'superstars'.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your email dated 6th November.

We already have an extensive collection of memorabilia which we are actively reviewing. On this occasion we have decided not to purchase the items you have identified.

Thank you for taking the time to write in and making us aware of the opportunity.

Kind Regards,

Archived