BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bus Lane Violation

I've been caught in a bus lane.just as you come off M65 Ewood. I turned for Darwen to visit a store that way Blackburn Rd. As soon as I realised it was a bus lane I pulled across in to the right lane. Camera shots online show I'm struggling to get over as cars coming up on my right. The photo shows me half in the lane trying to get over.

Does anyone know the area? Have a got a chance of fighting it or is it the council that decides? £30 to accept it £60 if I dispute it and fail.

• Backroom

The council are @#/?s for this, I'm afraid. My uncle got 'done' for being in that bus lane out of hours (when it's okay to do so) and they sent him a 'warning letter' not to do it during peak times. What a waste of paper to tell someone they were obeying the law! Worse, he was asked why he was in a bus lane in his company van by his employer. So double whammy telling off for driving legally!

• Backroom

Stupid thing is that it genuinely WAS 2 lanes for about 3 months and traffic flow was much better, as those turning for the M65 were out of the way. Making it a bus lane has blocked up traffic in exactly the same way, while buses continue to get trapped behind misbehaving taxis and the odd cyclist. Even when the cyclist does everything right, there's no room for buses as the queue in the right-hand lane jams them in.

Wish I could get the salary of a town planner for cocking up roads at a cost of thousands.

Wish I could get the salary of a town planner for cocking up roads at a cost of thousands.

Again and again and again.

Pretty sure these Capita folk don't live in the town and don't drive.

If you want to reduce traffic and get people on buses then you spend the millions chucked at part bus lanes and creating dangerous roads in subsidising the cost of using buses or even make them free. Then you make them wider reaching and more reliable.

It will become an extremely large white elephant and the next step in trying to save face is going to be penalising motorists by making driving in the town hell and fining people when they are caught out.

What's that all about at Copy Nook, widest stretch of road in Lancashire I shouldn't wonder, a bus lane that goes to nowhere coming back to Blackburn direction and one of the shortest bus lanes in existence going out of Blackburn.

Maybe it has been planned like that so RI tyres can park their customers in the vast void that has been created in the middle.

What's that all about at Copy Nook, widest stretch of road in Lancashire I shouldn't wonder, a bus lane that goes to nowhere coming back to Blackburn direction and one of the shortest bus lanes in existence going out of Blackburn.

Maybe it has been planned like that so RI tyres can park their customers in the vast void that has been created in the middle.

It really is rather bizarre isn't it?

My dad lost his business premises in Copy Nook due to compulsory purchase for 'a new road' 40 years ago. That destroyed Copy Nook. Watch how the buses don' t use the bus lane at Whitebirk. Sh!te council. Always has been.

My dad lost his business premises in Copy Nook due to compulsory purchase for 'a new road' 40 years ago. That destroyed Copy Nook. Watch how the buses don' t use the bus lane at Whitebirk. Sh!te council. Always has been.

Exactly right. Blackburn council want to stop traffic wherever possible rather than keeping in moving.

Bus drivers are just using sense. Why pull up at a stop light - even if it changes to green for you (and red for other road users much to their annoyance) when they can just keep going.

We have enough junctions as it is without creating junctions on straight roads!

In other news, somebody needs to tell those thickos leaving Ewood BBE car park that the Bolton Rd stretch when they turn left is no longer a one way dual carriage. There's going to be a head on collision soon.

The road system, together with the parking fees, is the reason that I never shop in Blackburn Centre. Shop renters and stall holders take note that the council is reducing the number of customers you get by making driving difficult and greed over parking fees.

It was a genuine mistake and I was struggling to get out of the lane as cars were on my shoulder. I can't argue that I wasn't in it but it does put you off shopping down there. But what would.councillors know about small businesses 😡

It was a genuine mistake and I was struggling to get out of the lane as cars were on my shoulder. I can't argue that I wasn't in it but it does put you off shopping down there. But what would.councillors know about small businesses

I think the last one was O'Keife (Little Shefield) Not sure if there are any from the Whalley Range Bazzar area though.

The worst thing is you cant even risk asking the question, as the fine will double in the meantime.

A similar thing happened a few months ago with my boss, he parked on a car park in Manchester, bought a ticket and stuck it on his windscreen. Whilst he was shopping the ticket fell off the windscreen , and he got a ticket.

So he appealed the ticket, sending them the ticket as proof he had paid, and explaining that the ticket must have dropped off. They declined his appeal on the basis that even if he had a valid ticket, because it wasnt on display he was still in breach, and by the time he got the reply the fine had doubled, so he ended up worse off than if he'd not bothered to buy a ticket in the first place.

Archived