BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood WMC Meetings

Now, more than ever - please turn up. It's easy to become disillusioned. It's easy to fill your days with something else. There is a rocky few years coming up, the already depleted fan base will reduce even more. There will be cuts, job losses and the quality of football will drop further. 

But please, if there's any fight left in you. If there's any care still left. Turn up. 

You don't need to like everyone there. You don't need to be friends. You don't need to be concerned about becoming a 'protestor'. Sit there and say nothing if you are that way inclined. If you have something to contribute, contribute. If you disagree with something being said, speak up. 

The meetings are not ran by sharks. The attendees are not full of @#/? up morons. They are people that care. If you do as well, now more than ever, you are needed. There's no reason why as a fan base, we cannot unite to make a positive impact. 

Everybody, absolutely everybody, can do something to help. 

Sorry but I couldn't come to a meeting there. I'd be on my own in a place I didn't know in an alien, to me, environment. Doesn't mean I don't care or that I wouldn't do whatever I could to get rid of those people who have ruined so much in this town and area. Just that I struggle going on my own to anywhere and the venue doesn't seem the kind of place I'd find it easy to attend

5 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Sorry but I couldn't come to a meeting there. I'd be on my own in a place I didn't know in an alien, to me, environment. Doesn't mean I don't care or that I wouldn't do whatever I could to get rid of those people who have ruined so much in this town and area. Just that I struggle going on my own to anywhere and the venue doesn't seem the kind of place I'd find it easy to attend

I promise you that you won't be alone. Inside you will find open and welcoming fans. Do a left as soon as you enter - straight upstairs into the private rooms. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, gumboots said:

You'd know me (albeit by fb) :)

Yes but I can't walk through a door into a roomful of people even when I know most of them. I dread anyone being old fashioned enough to insist on ladies first because I always send my husband into a room first. I may not give the impression but I'm painfully shy to the point of having hidden under the table when they sang Happy Birthday at my childhood birthday parties and, as an adult,  refusing to attend my own leaving do. 

• Backroom

I've only been to one - the last one being my first.

Head and heart are torn between NAPM and continuing to go, I don't have a clue of the best way forward.

However Tuesday was heartening, a handful of people trying something, anything even just thinking out loud it all helps.

My focus will be on attending these when I can make it and hoping that a focussed effort of like minded people with the good of the club at heart can make some small steps to eventually getting our club back.

Now is the time for egos to disappear and to come together. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, gumboots said:

Yes but I can't walk through a door into a roomful of people even when I know most of them. I dread anyone being old fashioned enough to insist on ladies first because I always send my husband into a room first. I may not give the impression but I'm painfully shy to the point of having hidden under the table when they sang Happy Birthday at my childhood birthday parties and, as an adult,  refusing to attend my own leaving do. 

You can do exactly that if you want. Just watch. You won't be expected to say a word.

You'd probably get more people along if there was any info coming out about these meetings. Looks like a bit of a talking shop from afar. Good luck anyway but better to publicise what's going on I think.

It's not the saying, Mike. If I had anything to say, I'd not be scared of saying it. It's physically walking into a room full of people I can't do. I know I was a teacher and walked into loads of rooms full of kids who didn't want to learn, etc but that's a different situation. I'm terrified of people, get panic attacks and so on. Weird but true. I walked out of a presentation from my tutor group in assembly once and my head of dept had to tell them I was sitting in the corner of her classroom quivering. 

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, McClarky said:

You'd probably get more people along if there was any info coming out about these meetings. Looks like a bit of a talking shop from afar. Good luck anyway but better to publicise what's going on I think.

The trouble with being public is that the club then gets wind of things and puts a stop to it. The ill-fated mural being a prime example.

We need people to be able to keep any necessary secrets just that. Even so, we publicise the dates of these meetings in several different places, and all are welcome. These are what the W.A.R. effort should've been, as every major Rovers group usually is represented.

34 minutes ago, gumboots said:

It's not the saying, Mike. If I had anything to say, I'd not be scared of saying it. It's physically walking into a room full of people I can't do. I know I was a teacher and walked into loads of rooms full of kids who didn't want to learn, etc but that's a different situation. I'm terrified of people, get panic attacks and so on. Weird but true. I walked out of a presentation from my tutor group in assembly once and my head of dept had to tell them I was sitting in the corner of her classroom quivering. 

No problem then, gb :) as long as you know you are welcome to come any time.

Archived