BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Spot Checks

arbitro

Recently my ADULT cousin, who sits next to me in the BBE lower, was unable to attend. He gave his ST to my nephew who is 11 and we’re all trying desperately to turn into a more active supporter. He got refused entry at the gate for having an adult ticket. I know technically tickets are not transferable but come on some common sense is required when we barely fill 1/3 of the ground. 

The steward insited we went to the ticket office to get a downgraded replacement paper ticket. I did so and the ticket office were as amazed as myself. It then took them accompanying me to the turnstile to remonstrate with the steward before we were finally allowed access. Not the kind of experience that is enticing my nephew back!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, laughatthedingles said:

Recently my ADULT cousin, who sits next to me in the BBE lower, was unable to attend. He gave his ST to my nephew who is 11 and we’re all trying desperately to turn into a more active supporter. He got refused entry at the gate for having an adult ticket. I know technically tickets are not transferable but come on some common sense is required when we barely fill 1/3 of the ground. 

The steward insited we went to the ticket office to get a downgraded replacement paper ticket. I did so and the ticket office were as amazed as myself. It then took them accompanying me to the turnstile to remonstrate with the steward before we were finally allowed access. Not the kind of experience that is enticing my nephew back!

We are like you, if an adult ST holder we know can't make it, it's a great way to try and get a kid bitten with the Rovers bug.

These days it's hard enough to give tickets away, so having that kind of caper at the turnstyle just shows the complete absence of common sense at modern day Rovers.

That from LATD just sums up some stewards and the problems with the policy.  It relies on common sense as the club state.  However a good number of the stewards simply lack the necessary common sense.

I might be wrong but I hope I'm not.  It feels like from the LET story the club are climbing down to an extent ie the night games being relaxed and the common sense etc.  Hope this is the case as I and I think everyone else accepts people jibbing is in out of order.  However it's weird the focus on the free under 8's.  I had 2 free last year both cost this year though and won't be coming night games still, simply out I was ready for jacking it if they started insisting we move and my Dad said the same so let's hope this is just a crackdown on those it was needed and a few stewards being OTT.

• 2 weeks later...

Stewards have always been lazy and to be fair its probably the same at most places. Junior ticket cheaters and even stuff like sitting in the JW centre instead of the wings are nothing new. That type of stuff went on prior to Venkys without a doubt. 

I know people don't like it but stewards should perhaps be given body cameras and subjected to regular reviews. Obviously you can't spend hours looking over every bit of footage but enough to ensure they are doing their job. I guess some justify it as scamming Venkys but you're scamming fans paying full price as far as I'm concerned.

As for the family stand they need to make things clearer. I sat in the JW upper a couple of times in 2016 (one time v Huddersfield when it was cheap rickets) and had no objections as a lone adult. 

On 31/10/2017 at 03:23, laughatthedingles said:

Did they suggest the ticket could have been found or stolen?

32 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

As for the family stand they need to make things clearer. I sat in the JW upper a couple of times in 2016 (one time v Huddersfield when it was cheap rickets) and had no objections as a lone adult. 

Well you won't have any objections in the JW upper as a lone adult will you?

It's only the JW lower family stand area that someone has suddenly started to have a beef with adults going in alone, but as others have already said if there was a big game where demand requires it, they can sell tickets there to people with out children anyway!

Looking forward to seeing how that is brushed under the carpet at the next fans forum meeting.

21 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Well you won't have any objections in the JW upper as a lone adult will you?

It's only the JW lower family stand area that someone has suddenly started to have a beef with adults going in alone, but as others have already said if there was a big game where demand requires it, they can sell tickets there to people with out children anyway!

Looking forward to seeing how that is brushed under the carpet at the next fans forum meeting.

No my mistake I meant the BBE upper. Remember the Huddersfield game was cheap tickets for the BBE and DE. I also sat in the BBE upper for the evening game against QPR. 

Archived