BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Early leavers

damo100

1 hour ago, Al said:

He's right. It takes me at least that long every match and I can assure you that it still takes just as long today. I stay every match until the end and the stewards holding you back at the end no matter how small the gate is is VERY annoying and frustrating. At £10 a throw if I could walk further I would tell them to stick it.

EDIT I would add though that I do consider that anybody who does not attend forfeits the right to criticise anybody for leaving early.

Why can one not say they are baffled that people with no good reason to do so choose to leave early, unless one currently attends matches. Its not a criticism of anyone. Just that I, who had a season ticket for many years, have never understood the majority of early leavers. Yes there are some who need to be elsewhere but I'm sure that's not the majority of people who leave early. It's just that they are in the habit of leaving early for some reason and I don't understand that. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was kid, I should have been around 10years old or something, my father took me to one of my first football games. The game was in Bulgaria. It was Levski Sofia against someone(dont remember who Levski were playing) but Leveski(the team we were supporting) were losing with some minutes left from the match when my father told me that its better if we leave before the final whistle so we can beat the traffic.

I remember walking down the stands going towards the exit tunnel with my father holding my hand when some angry fan jumped infront of us with his middle fingers up, shouting in our faces to @#/? off and that we are embarrassing for not staying until the end

crazy stuff. Dont thing that i have ever left a game early after that

• Backroom
7 hours ago, skous18 said:

When I was kid, I should have been around 10years old or something, my father took me to one of my first football games. The game was in Bulgaria. It was Levski Sofia against someone(dont remember who Levski were playing) but Leveski(the team we were supporting) were losing with some minutes left from the match when my father told me that its better if we leave before the final whistle so we can beat the traffic.

I remember walking down the stands going towards the exit tunnel with my father holding my hand when some angry fan jumped infront of us with his middle fingers up, shouting in our faces to @#/? off and that we are embarrassing for not staying until the end

crazy stuff. Dont thing that i have ever left a game early after that

But you WERE @#/?ing off, so what was his problem? ?

14 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Preciousness over messages that haven't happened to one side ? I knew a lad in my youth who left in a massive huff (with selhurst park pain still fresh in his memory) when Tommy Johnson scored the 2nd goal for Derby in the 92 play offs ?????

A lad behind me in the BBE actually ripped up his ticket for the second leg and tossed it in the air like confetti when that second goal went in.......he ended up moving to the other side of the BBE he was getting that many offers of sellotape etc once we got back into the game.

Archived