BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Head Of Player Recruitment - Gus Williams

10 minutes ago, slowmo said:

In 2018 Jamie Lawrence was called up , no Welsh links , found by the Welsh FA.

I would guess it's harder recruting players for countries like wales ,  as got to research family links etc . Diaz

...https://thecorrespondent.com/406/the-curious-tale-of-the-football-international-nobody-ever-heard-of-because-he-was-born-in-the-wrong-month

From a commercial.point of view, no risk.  Just a trackie and a Gareth bale poster, cheap recruitment.  I'm not writing him off but his experience is narrow and non commercial really.

Mark Hughes had no experience managing in the Premier League. 

That turned out quite well.

Being involved in recruiting players for Wales will no doubt pay off as he's likely to be well connected throughout the game at the levels which we will be looking to recruit within.

More positive things happening here.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Anybody know how long his contract is? I haven't seen it anywhere. I wouldn't want another 1-year appointment like last time, I think it's the kind of role you need to bed in and do your thing for a while.

No idea but it will be more than a year you would expect as I doubt he would be leaving the job he has after 22 years without more security than a 1 year deal 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

No idea but it will be more than a year you would expect as I doubt he would be leaving the job he has after 22 years without more security than a 1 year deal 

That was my thought too, just seemed odd to see no mention of it. And I don't recall seeing mention of how long Park's contract was either, turned out to be a year.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That was my thought too, just seemed odd to see no mention of it. And I don't recall seeing mention of how long Park's contract was either, turned out to be a year.

In fairness Park was out of work and he had a relationship and history with Mowbray.Id be surprised if the new man hasnt received a few years 

• Like 1