BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football & The Real Living Wage

The Premier League is a multi-billion pound industry yet 8 of the 20 clubs have not confirmed that they pay the real living wage to all their staff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62996172

Outside of the Premier League, Luton Town of the Championship and League Two Grimsby Town are the only two Living Wage Foundation-accredited clubs in the English Football League

This is important. There is a cost of living crisis and many people and families are struggling. The least football clubs can do is pay their staff, either permanent or temporary, a real living wage

I'd like to see Rovers on the list of clubs that have the decency to pay their staff a real living wage. The multi-millionaire managers who run Rovers have the power to do so if they wished. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 7

I spoke to an employee recently who has had two pay rises in the time since the errant ones rocked up. Their pension contribution is the absolute minimum (3% I believe) that Rovers have to compy with. One of the indicators of a poor employer are high turnovers of staff numbers. She told me that Rovers can't keep hold of good employees for any length of time.

• Like 2