BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New to the Club

8 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

On what basis? Only one I can think of is that you don't have to look at the Riverside?

For me the view is way better, you look across at the pitch rather than down on it. I don’t notice the pillars having set there for the majority of time since it was built, and a slight head movement prevents any obstruction. The most obtrusive things are the TV gantries that means I can’t stand up all game at the back any more.

There’s also more space and leg room. I can’t see the big screen, but that’s no loss, but I can turn round and see replays on the TVs at the back. I do wish they’d sort out the speakers though.

Welcome to @Shakersrarara. Scandalous what happened to Bury, but we’re glad to have you here. 

Buzzing to read this, sorry about the circumstance around Bury FC.  I had a bit of a soft-sport for them due to playing Premier Manager on the Mega Drive when I was about 14,  Lucketti was brilliant on it and I'd always sign him, Mark Sale, Carlo Corrazzin and John Filan.. 

Digressing big time,  always shit to see such a great club go under but equally it's great you've found another club. I hope you're made to feel welcome, enjoy the ride.

• Like 3

On 08/03/2023 at 09:20, R0verb0y said:

Plus what GHR has posted. This is information that you and your daughter will enjoy learning, I'm sure.

But there's another part of being a fan of a club. And it's having a rival who are, ipso facto, inferior to the club you follow.

So, when you're giving serious consideration to following Lancashire's Most Historic Football Club, can I gently enquire about the team you considered as your rivals when you were a Shaker?

Whoever they are - Bolton Wanderers, maybe? - will you 'keep' them?

Or will you join the majority of us on here in gently but firmly - for the majority of us on here - reminding our Championship neighbours to the east of Accrington that: it isn't that long ago that they were within 5 minutes of dropping out of the basement of the Football League; and there are still - at least two trophies: one for winning the Premier League; the other for winning the Football League Cup, which have graced our Boardroom but have never been seen in theirs?

It was Bolton and the latter stages Rochdale. 

My brother-in-law is a season ticket holder of the team you didn't mention by name, so there will definitely be some rivalry there. But like I said further up, i want my daughter to have a team, so she will be doing it the right way, so I better lead by example!

On 08/03/2023 at 09:52, BRFC4EVA said:

Welcome!

However, as much as we need all the supporters we can get, please don't give up on Bury! Surely there will be a phoenix club starting in non league still playing at Gigg Lane soon enough who will need your support?!

When and if that happens I will be there, but the old club is officially dead at the end of the month and I really can't see the two clubs merging - too much has gone on between them and unfortunately there is idiots on both sides.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...