BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New to the Club

2 minutes ago, Shakersrarara said:

Hi all,

I attended my first game yesterday and thought the match was great. I was a Bury season ticket holder for 27 years and it has taken me a while to get into football again, but I think after yesterday I may have found somewhere new to watch my football.

I just have a couple of questions:

1. Was the football played yesterday always like that? I thought Blackburn played well and the match was pretty exciting to watch.

2. I was sat in the Jack Walker Upper - I thought the view was brilliant - is this the best view in the ground or the older stand facing?

Thanks

No, but it’s getting better.

I prefer the view from the Jack Walker Upper.

6 minutes ago, Shakersrarara said:

Hi all,

I attended my first game yesterday and thought the match was great. I was a Bury season ticket holder for 27 years and it has taken me a while to get into football again, but I think after yesterday I may have found somewhere new to watch my football.

1. Was the football played yesterday always like that? I thought Blackburn played well and the match was pretty exciting to watch.

2. I was sat in the Jack Walker Upper - I thought the view was brilliant - is this the best view in the ground or the older stand facing?

Thanks

Like most clubs the football can vary but we are on a good run and playing best football for some time so you picked a  good time to come. The best view is where you sat, the JW Upper.

If you want to bring some friends too you are more than welcome. 😂😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shakersrarara said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Welcome to the club, you'll have the best times and the worst times 😄

Hopefully you've joined us at the right time and things are only going to get better.

The Jack Walker upper view is brilliant. I've been in every part of the stadium and that's probably the best. The Riverside stand is also a good view, I was a ST holder for years in there, but it's now falling to bits.

• Like 3

Welcome! Always good to have more people padding the somewhat reduced numbers of late!

JWU is best view in the stadium, BBE is better in your youth/when there's a good atmosphere.

Season tickets for next season will probably be announced and on sale sometime in September...

Final point worth noting, as a rule, we prefer "Rovers" not "Blackburn"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shakersrarara said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Welcome to Rovers and BRFCS., I hope you enjoying watching us play. 

1. not always but we are in good form and confidence. 

2. I would say best view in the stadium unlike you prefer a behind the goal viewpoint 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Shakersrarara said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Sorry about what happened to Bury, it was a sad thing. But on the other hand, welcome to the Rovers! Like any club you'll have your ups and downs with us for sure.

1) Unfortunately not! For most of the season it hasn't been, but recently things have massively improved. Not just the results but the entertainment value. We are playing better, and we're all hoping it's a sign things have finally clicked together under JDT. Considering how many points we've picked up playing poorly at times, we could really kick on now if that's the case. Fingers crossed!

2) Yes I'd say it's the best view. It isn't the best atmosphere though, that would be the Blackburn End. Usually, anyway...in recent years the atmosphere overall has really declined, although our away followings are always in magnificent voice. There are signs the home atmosphere is improving in line with the football though, it was nice to hear the BBE singing again on Saturday.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shakersrarara said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Welcome to this forum and to the life of a Blackburn Rovers fan.

Hopefully you can find something in the bug for Rovers that we all have on here. Not easy I guess, when you have supported the Shakers for all of that time.

I am biased, but Rovers are pretty unique, in a lot of senses of the word, from winning 3 FA Cups in a row to being founder member of the football league and premier league and also being the only town team to win the premier league too.

I guess you will have had a few ex Rovers players to watch over the years too at Gigg Lane too. The late great Lenny Johnrose being one and Mark Patterson being another.

I have two mates who played for Bury too, the late Brian Pilkington and Jamie Hoyland, who is now a youth team coach at Everton.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the season following Rovers and help to cheers us on, our way back to the premier league and a trip or 3 to Wembley.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Shakersrarara said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Welcome to the club  🤍💙

• Like 1

On 05/03/2023 at 17:11, Shakersrarara said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Welcome!

I would probably introduce Rovers this way:

1) We do have our moments and, no matter what, we are always a decent side with some cracking players that fans of lower league teams gush about. By no means was that normal though even as a playoff chasing team. We've all been somewhat bored recently as a new style has taken time to bed in. There are signs of progression which are clear for all to see in the last month or so.

2) We're quite a civilised bunch overall so home atmosphere can be a bit hit and miss. JW Upper for the best views and a relaxed time, BBE for atmosphere. JW Lower, BBE side if you want to bring children/grandchildren along (more the merrier).

The Riverside is beginning to rust away and the pillars can obstruct your view towards the back. From a different era than the rest of the ground and boy does it show. OK when you're used to it but not a place to choose I wouldn't have said. Stereotypical place to bring a rug and a flask of Bovril! Cheaper than JWU if you want a side-on view but you get what you pay for.

3) We are a 'proper' club with 'proper' fans. Not the loudest, not the most numerous (understatement), not as lary as some fanbases but we care. The history side won't hit you as much obviously but we're proud to be a Lancastrian town side that can still have its day against the 'big' clubs all around us.

• Like 2

On 06/03/2023 at 00:11, Shakersrarara said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Welcome aboard the good ship Rovers.

I followed the sad demise of Bury and you, the fans, got raw treatment from those running the club and the authorities.

I hope you settle in well at Rovers and on this Board. I shall follow the postings of a new Rovers fan, one with a football fan background, with interest.

As low down in the JWU as you can get, and as near to the halfway line, are great views.

• Like 1

On 05/03/2023 at 18:22, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Welcome, it's a rollercoaster.

But, having supported the Shakers, you'll be used to them!

I used to work in, and live a short bus journey from Bury; and went to what turned out to be your last-ever game. The scenes of elation before the game as you and your fellow-Shakers celebrated promotion to League One were to be bitter memories as the tragedy unfolded.

A lesson, God forbid, of what might happen to us if our owners got tired of owning us.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2023 at 14:10, lraC said:

Welcome to this forum and to the life of a Blackburn Rovers fan.

Hopefully you can find something in the bug for Rovers that we all have on here. Not easy I guess, when you have supported the Shakers for all of that time.

I am biased, but Rovers are pretty unique, in a lot of senses of the word, from winning 3 FA Cups in a row to being founder member of the football league and premier league and also being the only town team to win the premier league too.

I guess you will have had a few ex Rovers players to watch over the years too at Gigg Lane too. The late great Lenny Johnrose being one and Mark Patterson being another.

I have two mates who played for Bury too, the late Brian Pilkington and Jamie Hoyland, who is now a youth team coach at Everton.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the season following Rovers and help to cheers us on, our way back to the premier league and a trip or 3 to Wembley.

It isn't easy and it has taken me a while to get the football bug back again really.

Lenny was one of my favourite players of  all time, and Jamie bought me a pint when we went bust, so he's a top bloke in my eyes! Bury also had Scott Wharton on loan when we got promoted last - looked like a good prospect at the time.

• Like 3

On 06/03/2023 at 18:37, Riverside under the drip said:

Welcome!

I would probably introduce Rovers this way:

1) We do have our moments and, no matter what, we are always a decent side with some cracking players that fans of lower league teams gush about. By no means was that normal though even as a playoff chasing team. We've all been somewhat bored recently as a new style has taken time to bed in. There are signs of progression which are clear for all to see in the last month or so.

2) We're quite a civilised bunch overall so home atmosphere can be a bit hit and miss. JW Upper for the best views and a relaxed time, BBE for atmosphere. JW Lower, BBE side if you want to bring children/grandchildren along (more the merrier).

The Riverside is beginning to rust away and the pillars can obstruct your view towards the back. From a different era than the rest of the ground and boy does it show. OK when you're used to it but not a place to choose I wouldn't have said. Stereotypical place to bring a rug and a flask of Bovril! Cheaper than JWU if you want a side-on view but you get what you pay for.

3) We are a 'proper' club with 'proper' fans. Not the loudest, not the most numerous (understatement), not as lary as some fanbases but we care. The history side won't hit you as much obviously but we're proud to be a Lancastrian town side that can still have its day against the 'big' clubs all around us.

And that's all I need to hear! My daughter never got to watch Bury play, so I want her to have a club and I think it will be Rovers!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Shakersrarara said:

It isn't easy and it has taken me a while to get the football bug back again really.

Lenny was one of my favourite players of  all time, and Jamie bought me a pint when we went bust, so he's a top bloke in my eyes! Bury also had Scott Wharton on loan when we got promoted last - looked like a good prospect at the time.

His younger brother Adam has a lot of potential.

• Like 2

Just a side note!

Personally if I was in the pretty unique(for an adult) position to choose a new club to support with a clear conscience! in this area I'd go for Accrington Stanley. 

Genuinely! Fck all these clubs owned by mega rich foreign tossers that couldn't give a wank and only buy the clubs for bragging rights amongst their other silly rich pals

P. S. As for 'Riverside under the whatever....' s comments about the Riverside.... I think what he means is thats where the regular down to earth working class folk sit, aside from a few spots near the pillars the views there are as good as anywhere, but the first half a dozen rows aren't well covered from the elements. 

P. P. S. !  If your 💯 serious then id reccomend maybe going on one of the ground tours 👍 welcome ta rovers, fingers crossed you're definitely getting on board at a time when we are really on the up 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

10 hours ago, renrag said:

Welcome on board! Hope you really grab the Rovers bug and become a supporter of the only English club to win a major trophy in three different centuries, as well as being the countries (and possibly the worlds) most successful town club of all time. Hope your daughter also gets the Rovers fix in a big way.

Don't forget 'Only extant team to have won the FA Cup three years in a row' too!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, renrag said:

Welcome on board! Hope you really grab the Rovers bug and become a supporter of the only English club to win a major trophy in three different centuries, as well as being the countries (and possibly the worlds) most successful town club of all time. Hope your daughter also gets the Rovers fix in a big way.

Plus what GHR has posted. This is information that you and your daughter will enjoy learning, I'm sure.

But there's another part of being a fan of a club. And it's having a rival who are, ipso facto, inferior to the club you follow.

So, when you're giving serious consideration to following Lancashire's Most Historic Football Club, can I gently enquire about the team you considered as your rivals when you were a Shaker?

Whoever they are - Bolton Wanderers, maybe? - will you 'keep' them?

Or will you join the majority of us on here in gently but firmly - for the majority of us on here - reminding our Championship neighbours to the east of Accrington that: it isn't that long ago that they were within 5 minutes of dropping out of the basement of the Football League; and there are still - at least two trophies: one for winning the Premier League; the other for winning the Football League Cup, which have graced our Boardroom but have never been seen in theirs?

• Like 1

On 06/03/2023 at 06:11, Shakersrarara said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Welcome!

However, as much as we need all the supporters we can get, please don't give up on Bury! Surely there will be a phoenix club starting in non league still playing at Gigg Lane soon enough who will need your support?!

• Like 1